If you are looking for relevant solutions for repairing a shower in your apartment, country house or bathhouse, we offer you an overview of shower racks with a mixer and overhead shower.
A shower rack with a mixer and an overhead shower has long and firmly entered our everyday life. This is the best choice both for a compact apartment of a city dweller, and for a complete set of a guest bathroom in a country house. And we only have to follow from time to time what innovations in this format are offered by engineers and designers.
Consumers like compactness, practicality, convenience, easy installation, intuitive operation, quick ability to change the shower usage mode (for example, from an overhead shower to a watering can with a flexible hose), a diverse design, and most importantly, a large selection of equipment options, manufacturers and price range.
First, determine your budget. The cost of luxury models from world manufacturers will exceed all your wildest expectations, but be sure to find your Moydodyr as well. This is followed by the design, materials from which the system is made, as well as built-in functions up to highlighting water jets.
The design of the products is very diverse: modern classics, minimalism, retro, shabby chic, eco-style, ethnic and other varieties. Just browse through magazines or pictures on the Internet in order to understand what exactly your soul requires today from the appearance of the soul.
This system can adapt to all family members, including children.
There are also options where the shower head can move in a horizontal plane. In addition, shower models are often supplied with equipment that allows you to keep the shower area in order: shelves, hooks and other accessories.
The main task of the manufacturer is to provide high anticorrosive properties of equipment that is mounted in wet rooms of a shower, bathroom, pool or bath. So, today the shower column with mixer and overhead shower can be made of stainless steel and plastic, alloys containing copper, glass with protective coatings. Particularly picky aesthetes can opt for shower racks made of steel and tempered glass; moreover, a stone watering can can be offered for such racks.
We recommend a faucet and overhead shower made of chrome-plated brass. This is probably the best choice. Next is stainless steel. Both of these materials are durable, the products are shiny and have long-term corrosion protection. But the aluminum rigid vertical racks, which were so common in the 90s of the last century, are now very rare in private housing, and we will not discuss their consumer shortcomings.
A fairly wide selection of materials for shower hose.
- Shockproof plastic with increased flexibility and crease-protected edges. It is quite convenient to take a shower with him, if you hold a watering can in your hands and direct the stream of water where you need to.
- Silicone in a metal braid. A smooth rubber hose is placed in a chromed metal corrugation, while it remains very flexible and confidently withstands repeated twists. When you take a shower, a sufficient hose length is very important for comfort and convenience. So, it is desirable that the corrugated hose be at least 2 m in length, which will significantly increase its service life.
- Material for cartridges for shower systems that mix cold and hot water before it is dispensed into a tap. Cartridges are spherical and ceramic. At the same time, it is recommended to choose a ceramic cartridge for shower systems with an overhead shower.
- The type of watering can, both in the overhead shower and in the hand shower. Being in sight and, in fact, style-forming elements in your soul, today these details have a diverse design and even sophistication. The watering can of the overhead shower can be round, rectangular or square with a diameter of 6 to 40 cm. The watering can for the hand shower can be of the usual classical shape or innovative (have a cylindrical or parallelepiped shape).
It is advisable that the watering can have a regulator for switching water supply modes (narrow flow, massage or "rain"). However, your right to choose the simplest configuration of a watering can - without a regulator and without options. I would like to separately note the shower systems with watering cans of the "tropical shower" type. They are durable and very beautiful. This expensive system will add gloss to even the smallest bathroom and provide you with the ultimate pleasure in water treatments.
Do not forget that there are also inexpensive plastic racks on sale. They have the same excellent appearance as brass ones, but they cost much less. Matte or glossy, with chrome surface.
When choosing a shower system with a stand and an overhead shower, do not forget to focus on the hardness of the water in your home. Does it give a limescale that so often spoils the appearance of even the highest quality sanitary products, forcing to change individual nodes again and again? Make your choice based on this fact.
Let us consider in more detail a large selection of shower ensembles.
- Shower system with faucet, fixed tap and watering can on a flexible hose. In a shower system with a mixer and a fixed faucet and a watering can on a flexible hose that functions as an overhead shower, the metal bar attached to the wall serves as a stand, on which the watering can is fixed. The most affordable shower solution, which you can optionally equip with shelves and hooks for bath accessories.
- Shower system with faucet, fixed tap and overhead shower on a rigid stand. A shower system with a faucet and a fixed tap and an overhead shower on a rigid pillar, which also serves as a pipeline, is the simplest, and therefore durable option. But it is not very convenient, as it is static and is not designed to adapt to anyone who decides to take a shower.
- Shower system with faucet and overhead shower on a rigid stand and a flexible hose with a watering can. The shower system with a mixer and overhead shower on a rigid stand and a flexible hose with a watering can can include an overhead shower of the price category that you allow yourself to afford. For example, enjoy a tropical rainfall from an overhead shower, which can contain up to 244 water holes.
You can also consider models with a thermostat to maintain your water temperature. The thermostat, in turn, may not stand out with its appearance, but may have a shelf design. This system has two watering cans: stationary and movable on a flexible hose. A flexible hose allows you to direct water to where you need it. You can even take a shower while sitting. With the design of the upper watering can, interesting solutions are also possible: you can change nozzles and modes to give the jet the necessary strength, change the angle of the watering can, while providing yourself an invigorating or, on the contrary, calming flow.
As a rule, it is precisely such systems that are equipped with watering cans that can rain down on the bather or rain shower. These watering cans, as a rule, have impressive sizes, round, square or rectangular shapes and beautiful design.
- Shower system with faucet and overhead shower on a rigid stand and flexible hose with watering can and bath spout. The version of the shower system with a mixer and an overhead shower on a rigid rack and a flexible hose with a watering can and a bath spout allows you to take a shower or fill the bath from a normal spout with a switch (“one-armed”, that is, lever). An excellent and at the same time compact option for those who save a bath in their apartment.
- Shower system with faucet and overhead shower, hidden in the wall. The shower bar is sewn into the wall, we mount the overhead shower directly into the wall, the shower control panel is also attached to the wall. A stylish solution for those who prefer minimalism, visually expanding the room and space.
- Watering can, built into the ceiling. Another option that can diversify the design of your shower is a shower system hidden in the wall with a mixer and overhead shower, which is mounted in the ceiling. There will be a bit more trouble with water supply to the ceiling watering can, but this option looks very stylish.
Additional technical solutions
You might like additional technical solutions that your shower can provide:
- The thermostat is a convenient device that maintains the water temperature, comfortable for you. It will protect against burns and ice water.
- An aerator is a small element integrated in a mixer to mix water with air. So the water jet becomes more voluminous and softer, and a shower is more pleasant. At the same time, due to the "inflation" of the flow of water, much less is spent. As a result, we get not only a shower of increased comfort, but also savings.
- Shower head bronze with LED backlight. The "mini-power station", which is also integrated into the shower system as a headset, produces energy for the LEDs integrated into the watering can through the flow of water. Many just like the colorful jets of water. And someone even claims that at the same time taking a shower passes a session of color therapy.
As we have seen, modern shower solutions do not have any special drawbacks. They are comfortable, both in use and in price, and provide consumers with high-class water procedures.
Installation of the iron rack can be done independently, but it is better if the column is mounted by a professional. It is better to choose a cabin manufactured in Russia, since these products are of high quality.
See below for how to choose a shower stand.