In modern interior design, the Provence style enjoys well-deserved popularity and love, because this design decision brings to the living room a special home comfort, softness and tranquility, a unique combination of simplicity and grace. Making your living room in this style, special attention should be paid to the selection of furniture.
A small coffee table Provence can become the necessary accent to give a special charm to the room and complete the design direction in the interior.
Design style Provence, originating in the French province, is one of the most cozy and warm areas in interior styling.
The characteristic features of the style include the following criteria.
- A unique combination of rural simplicity with grace of the best French houses;
- Use in the design of natural materials;
- The prevalence of light shades in design;
- Lightness and airiness of the atmosphere.
Usually, in an interior designed in the Provence style, there is a huge number of seemingly very insignificant details that, with their presence, give a special atmosphere of freshness and purity.
At the same time, perhaps the closest attention to the organization of the interior space is given to the correct selection of furniture, which must certainly be made of natural materials. Most often it is beautiful and solid wooden furniture, sometimes with elements of artistic forging.
Those who decide to acquire a stylish Provence coffee table should pay attention to the following important points.
- Decide on the color of the product. For those who have a room decorated in light and white, wooden tables painted in soft pastel colors are best;
- Choose a model only from natural materials. The ideal option is a table made of natural wood. If stylistics require it, forged items in the base, as well as models with soft upholstery can be used in the decor of the product;
- Decide on the shape of the coffee table. At the same time, you need to focus on other objects and interior elements located in the room for which the table is purchased. Models with round countertops more harmoniously fit into almost any interior, but sometimes the style of the room requires a rectangular or square product;
- Pay attention to the legs of the product. This seemingly insignificant nuance can emphasize the sophistication of your chosen model or, conversely, break ideal harmony with its absurdity.
As a rule, Provence style furniture is not cheap, and this is justified by high-quality materials from which it is made, as well as modern design developments. Often the surfaces of wooden tabletops of coffee tables are artificially aged to give them a special charm.
You can find specimens decorated with paintings with the most delicate petals of flower buds; such models look especially exquisite in the interior and give the atmosphere an atmosphere of gentle romance and dreaminess.
In general, the Provence style prefers simple forms without unnecessary bends and sophistication; such models can be placed in almost any environment, and they will always look homely in it.
Especially popular among consumers are the Provence coffee tables made of natural wood with painted paintings, which bring the surroundings of the old French interior into the setting. Hand-made art painting turns the most ordinary piece of furniture into a personalized and unique interior element. You will not be able to find two identical tables decorated with paintings, because each such thing is a piece of goods.
Since the cost of painted coffee tables is an order of magnitude higher than conventional models, unique samples are made from hardwood, such as oak, ash, birch or beech, which are subjected to aging process using special technologies. For painting, oil paints are used, which are distinguished by their stability and saturation.
You can make a small but very original coffee table in the Provence style on your own, using the popular and beloved decoupage technique.
For a coffee table with a painting, it is necessary to choose the right place in the interior, since any unique thing in itself carries a large semantic load. It is advisable to place such items in the interior, not overloaded with decorative elements and attracting attention with bright accents.
See how to make a Provence style coffee table with your own hands in the next video.