Each type of gas stove coating has several features. That is why experts do not recommend rushing with the choice of such a technique to those wishing to purchase it. Before you buy a gas stove, it is recommended to consider in more detail all the advantages and disadvantages of each of the coatings.
One of the commonly used gas stove coatings is glass ceramics . In many ratings, this particular material takes the first place. Such popularity is not accidental. Glass-ceramic coating looks quite impressive and at the same time has several features.
Many people choose gas glass ceramic stoves, as they appreciated the convenience of their operation . So, for example, during cooking, you can touch almost any area of the work surface, except, of course, burners. This is very convenient, because situations when putting some of the products into the pan are not in the container, but on the stove, are quite common. In this case, you can safely remove the spilled product from the work surface.
Another feature of this appliance is that the zone under the burners cools down rather quickly after they are turned off. Many housewives note that this feature helps them not to hesitate to carry out cleaning after using a gas stove.
Stainless steel gas stoves are also popular. Such household appliances are perfect for a variety of design solutions for kitchen facilities.
A gas stove with a stainless steel worktop looks great even in a hi-tech kitchen.
Advantages and disadvantages of coatings
Gas stoves made of different materials have certain features. For example, glass-ceramic innovative gas stoves have a fairly stylish appearance. An undoubted advantage is also the fact that today on the market there are quite a lot of different design models of plates.
The advantages of a gas-fired glass ceramic plate are the following factors.
- Resistance to high temperatures.
- Good resistance to external factors. Some European companies demonstrated experiments when a pan with a weight of up to two kilograms fell on the working surface, and after that the glass-ceramic coating remained intact.
- Convenience when cleaning. The even and smooth surface of the glass-ceramic plate ensures that after operation no serious efforts are required to clean the working area.
But, in addition to the pros, this device has its drawbacks.
- The need to use special tools for cleaning the working surface, since aggressive abrasive components contained in some cleaning products can leave marks on the surface.
- Difficulties in cleaning caramelized sugar. If during cooking the sugar syrup gets on the work surface, it will be extremely difficult to clean it.
- Possible liquid spills on the floor. A perfectly smooth work surface can cause the broth, for example, to spread over the stove during cooking, and then fall on the floor. If a laminate was used as a floor covering in the kitchen, this can cause its possible damage.
- Not all boards have good resistance to point impact on the work surface. As a result, a crack or a small chip may appear in some areas of the working surface.
- Relatively high price. The cost of such a product exceeds the price of many electrical analogues.
Enamel coated gas stoves also have advantages and disadvantages.
- They are convenient for cleaning. An even and smooth surface can be cleaned of food debris using special cleaning products that do not contain aggressive components.
- Another plus is the variety of color palette . The working surface can be not only white, but also beige, brown, cream and even black. Such a home appliance can be a worthy addition to any kitchen interior.
- However, after many years of use, cracks and even chips may appear on the working surface .
- Also, such devices have a fairly low resistance to various mechanical stresses . If, for example, you accidentally drop a heavy object onto the work surface, you can lose the integrity of such a coating.
Stainless steel is also used as a material for the manufacture of a gas stove. Its advantages are high mechanical resistance, beautiful design and long life. The disadvantage of this material is the need to use special cleaning products to remove food debris from the work surface.
This is necessary so that the working surface of the plate can please the eyes of its owners for a long time.
The working surface of gas stoves can be made of different materials. Such features also affect the operation of household appliances.
Ceramic gas hobs may have several burners. So, small devices that have only one ceramic burner can be taken with them to nature to quickly cook food. Such portable devices are usually lightweight - about a kilogram. Tourist stoves with ceramic burners are easy enough to connect with a gas cylinder, which means they are easy to operate.
With glass surface
Modern glass-ceramic stoves have different shapes of gas burners . This is very convenient, as it allows you to cook in dishes with a different bottom shape. At present, gas panels made of tempered glass are quite popular.
Many modern gas stoves made of stainless steel are real works of art. Such models are most often ideal for a large family, as they have wide functionality and are quite safe during operation.
But for the acquisition of such a household device, you will have to sacrifice a decent share of the family budget.
Affordable prices for gas enameled stoves are available to many buyers with a limited budget. Enamel hobs look great in almost any interior. Quite popular are models that have 4 rings.
Also, on some devices (for example, the hob Bosch PCP611B90E) not only standard, but also one express burner is provided. Such a device helps to quickly cope with cooking.
Which plate is better to choose?
The decision on which gas stove to purchase, each person makes their own. Experts recommend taking into account all the nuances and considering the technical characteristics of several household appliances before buying. The following recommendations can help in choosing a gas stove.
- Adherents of reliable models are best suited to stainless steel appliances. Although modern devices are quite expensive, they still have more functionality and perfectly complement any interior. Built-in gas panels with several burners also look beautiful in the kitchen.
- For forever busy people who do not like to mess with cleaning, you should not choose a device with a glass work surface. Such plates require careful and timely care, otherwise they look very untidy.
- Build on your budget. If it is small, then in this case it will be extremely difficult to choose a really good stainless steel surface. In this case, it is recommended to pay attention to the plates with a modern resistant enamel coating.
You will learn more about how to choose a gas stove from the next video.