Today, swivel chairs are very popular. This piece of furniture is so called due to its special design. An important role in their distribution was played by the fact that people of various professions began to work on a PC. This type of furniture is used both in office and residential premises.
Initially, this type of chair was used in workrooms and offices. Later, comfortable models began to be produced for various rooms of a residential building (kitchen, children's room, living room) and public places.
The main distinguishing feature of the above design is a screw mechanism that allows you to rotate the seat 360 degrees.
During work at the PC, drawing, eating and other things at the table, there is a special freedom of movement. This feeling positively affects the productivity and comfort. To work, relax and do what you love on such a chair was convenient, you need to choose the right model, taking into account the dimensions, height, shape of the product, as well as the place where it will be located.
Variety of models
Swivel leg seats are available in different formats. Customers can choose from models with and without wheels, with a back and without this element. In order to ideally choose an option that will fully meet the client's needs, you need to understand the choice of models and their main purpose.
- Kitchen. The chair for this part of the house is a modified version of the bar. This is a tall model with a small back or its complete absence. It is also characterized by a stable stand without wheels. It is recommended that you pay attention to the washable coating that protects the product from stains. A round chair harmoniously fits in, twisting in height.
- Children's room. This type of chair should be equipped with a strong and reliable base that provides stability during seating. Products for children are not designed for heavy weight, so adults, especially those who have large dimensions, can not use them.
- Living room or lounge. Spinning chairs are often placed in the living room or hall to accommodate guests. In this case, you should opt for a product with a comfortable and soft back. For greater comfort, choose models with armrests.
- Orthopedic models . Products of this type are equipped with a special design that ensures smooth blood circulation, eliminating stagnation of blood in the vessels. Specially the position of the back supports the correct position of the back, reducing the load on the pelvic area. These chairs are recommended to pay attention to people with back problems, musculoskeletal system and those who spend a lot of time working in a sitting position.
- Computer chairs. Models of this type successfully combine convenience, ergonomics and comfort. Orthopedic elements are used in their production. During sitting, the design reduces pressure on the cervical-collar region, as well as the lumbar region. For convenience, the armrests and the height of the chair can be fixed in a certain position. Standard equipment - a chair with a back, a stand under the neck, armrests on one leg, to the bottom of which five beams are attached with wheels placed from the center to the sides.
How to choose?
Before you make a purchase, you need to pay attention to such aspects.
- Initially, you should decide where this piece of furniture will be placed. The shape of the product, dimensions, functions, design features and even appearance will depend on this.
- To prevent back pain during work, the chair should be equipped with shock absorbers. They reduce the load on the spine, providing comfortable work in a sitting position.
- If expensive parquet is laid in the room or you are afraid to damage valuable flooring, choose a model without wheels, on a leg with a wide stand.
- The most stable caster stand is the standard five-beam version. It is also recommended to give preference in favor of metal wheels, but so that the material does not damage the floors, use special protective mats.
- Please note no function. This refers to the adjustment of the backrest, seat height, armrests and other elements.
Remember: if you plan to assemble a chair yourself, be sure to follow the instructions.
A high-quality design will not be difficult to mount yourself.
See the following video for an overview of the popular swivel chair model.