Odorless paint is presented on the modern market of construction and finishing materials in a wide range. An emulsion is a dispersion solution where latex, acrylic, polysiloxane and polyvinyl acetate components can act as binders.
Due to the absence of solvents in its composition, the paint is odorless, and is also an excellent solution for paintwork without limiting the presence of children, allergies and the elderly.
Features and Benefits
Odorless emulsions are very popular among consumers, because they are easy to use, convenient to use and have a number of important advantages:
- High color fastness of painted surfaces. The paint is well tolerated by the intense exposure to ultraviolet rays, while maintaining brightness and color saturation throughout the entire life cycle.
- Anti-slip effect . Paint applied to the metal floor forms a non-slip surface, which reduces the risk of injury and also increases the safety of the room.
- Quick drying allows you to use the painted surface after 2 hours. This significantly reduces the time of finishing work, allowing you to finish the repair in a short time.
- Environmental safety and hygiene . Due to its composition, odorless paints do not have harmful effects on people and pets.
- High moisture resistance allows the use of emulsions in rooms with high humidity.
- Fire safety . The absence of solvents provides high resistance of the emulsion to ignition.
- The presence of anti-corrosion additives of some types of emulsions helps protect the metal surface from the appearance and spread of rust.
- The paint is easily applied to a metal surface and is well washed from clothes, hands and tools.
- A wide price range allows you to choose an emulsion at a comfortable price for each customer.
Odorless paints for painting metal surfaces are available in a huge assortment. The compositions differ among themselves in composition, technical characteristics and operating conditions. According to the type of binder, emulsions come in several forms.
These are water-based elastic enamels (better known as "water emulsion"). Particles of synthetic latex, when dried, combine to form a thin, uniform film. This allows you to form an even layer on the painted surface.
By their texture, latex paints are matte, semi-gloss, glossy and supergloss. Matte formulations well mask base defects, while glossy formulations require the preparation of a perfectly even surface. Latex paints are non-toxic, odorless, dry quickly, have high wear and moisture resistance. The emulsion is available only in white. It is used both with the use of tinting and in pure form.
These are quick-drying paints that are highly resistant to aggressive environmental influences. Due to this, emulsions can be used for internal work both in heated and in cold rooms.
For painting heating radiators, there is a special acrylic thermo enamel that can withstand high temperatures, while maintaining its color (without cracking).
Work can be done with hot batteries . In this case, the paint will completely dry within an hour. When painting metal structures in unheated rooms, you must carefully read the product labeling, and then purchase a frost-resistant option.
This type of enamel is made on the basis of oils, drying oils and color pigments. The material is widely used for painting metal surfaces inside warm and cold rooms.
The paint has high elasticity and covering ability, forms a flat and smooth surface and is notable for low cost. The disadvantage of oil enamels is a long drying time.
Alkyd paints have high wear resistance, brightness and color saturation, as well as a complete lack of smell and a long service life. Enamel is suitable for painting radiators and heated towel rails in the bathroom.
The alkyd surface is not afraid of high humidity and is resistant to chemicals. This allows you to paint tanks with such paint for fuels and lubricants and other liquids of chemical origin.
Such a mixture is frost-resistant and has an anti-corrosion effect , so that it can be painted not only the metal structures of the interior, but also gates, fences and other objects located on the street. The presence of flame retardants significantly reduces the flammability of enamel, and the presence of antiseptics resists the appearance of mold and fungus.
Paint metal surfaces at a temperature of 10 to 30 degrees, and air humidity should not exceed 75%. Previously, the surface should be cleaned of dust, degreased and dried. Then you need to apply a primer mixture and wait for it to dry completely.
The use of a primer significantly improves the adhesion of materials and has a moderately leveling effect. It is better to use a special anti-corrosion compound, which prevents the formation of rust, and also stops the process of metal destruction in areas already damaged by rust
Open and easily accessible places are painted with a roller, and hard-to-reach areas with a brush. The use of paint in cylinders is characterized by quick application and high consumption of emulsion, therefore, for painting large areas, such as garage doors, it is better to use the classic painting with a roller and brush.
The most famous companies producing odorless paints are:
- English concern "Dulux".
- The company from Germany "Caparol".
- "Tikkurila" from Finland.
The products of these companies are widely known and are in high demand in the domestic and European markets. Among Russian manufacturers, one can distinguish the Lacra enterprise, which has been producing paints and varnishes for 20 years. This brand produces high-quality paints at prices much lower than those of famous foreign counterparts.
Good reviews have the products of the Leningrad Paints company, which produces emulsions of all kinds, not inferior in quality, appearance and technical characteristics to paints from Europe.
Examples of using
Odorless paints are rapidly conquering the market and are a popular and sought-after material. Not inferior in their performance characteristics to traditional enamels, they allow you to create interesting color combinations and guarantee complete safety in use.
- The absence of odor, quick drying and attractiveness of the painted surface make the acrylic emulsion an ideal solution for painting radiators.
- Compatibility of paint with any color provides ample opportunities for a creative approach.
- The use of an alkyd mixture for painting the floor guarantees a non-slip surface and an attractive appearance of the base.
- Frost-resistant additives allow the use of an emulsion for interior painting of garage doors.
The odorless paint version of the presentation in the following video.