Improvement of the local area is a complex process that must be approached with knowledge of the matter. To obtain the necessary result, which will fully meet expectations, you need to adhere to the work plan, take into account advice from specialists and not be afraid to experiment. In addition, by performing work on creating landscaping yourself, you can save a significant amount. These finances can go for the purchase of quality seedlings and ordering original plants.
Creating a landscape is a multi-stage process that has a clear separation. If you strictly follow the work plan, you will be able to spend a minimum of time creating the design of the house area, and the final result will surprise you.
You need to proceed as follows:
- We apply a plot to the paper on a scale with accurate display of borders and marking of existing buildings.
- Structures that are in the project are applied to the drawing. Here you need to think through everything well. Any building that is not taken into account can seriously ruin the whole idea. Even owners of large plots should heed this advice, because often in reality there is not enough space.
- A large area is best divided into equal areas in the form of squares or triangles. For each area, you can select one / two landscape objects. Such tricks will greatly facilitate the process of transferring the plan to the site.
- Also on the drawing, it is necessary to note the existing trees and shrubs that will not be uprooted. After that, sites for planting new trees and shrubs are selected. At this stage, you need to consider the distance at which such large plants should be located and the recommended distance from the buildings.
- It is imperative to mark up communications and systems existing and planned.
Subject to this plan, landscape work will not become a source of problems and difficulties. In addition, you need to be able to play with the shape of objects.
There are also some secrets and tricks here that we simply must reveal:
- Each tree is characterized by a particular form of crown. It can be a cone, parabola, ball. Flower beds are characterized by a linear shape.
- When drawing up any composition, you need to highlight its center. As a central element, you can use a tree, bush, fountain, alpine hill.
- Tracks have many functions. For example, they can combine several zones into one harmonious composition or, conversely, delimit a large area into functional areas. With equipped paths it is easier to move around the site and take care of the plantings.
- The sharp contours can be smoothed out by arranging a small pond with a wavy shape.
The lawn for the landscape is like decorating the walls when creating the interior of the room. The lawn serves as the background, foundation and paramount element in creating the future landscape.
Without a good, beautiful lawn, the site will never look well-groomed, and the final result will be very far from the desired picture. Even specialists begin work on the site with the formation of the lawn.
The background of the house plot is not just the weed that was planted between cases or, in general, grew up on its own. You need to work hard on the lawn so that it pleases the eye and creates a single composition along with other elements.
To work on the improvement of the lawn was crowned with success, you need to adhere to simple rules and listen to the tips:
- The choice of lawn type is an important issue that needs to be addressed at the initial stage. For the English type, special conditions are needed, you can not walk on it. Sports lawn is characterized by dense grass, on which you can freely walk or engage in active leisure activities on it. The meadow type is created from wildflowers and aromatic herbs. It does not need a haircut, fits perfectly into most varieties of landscapes, but you can’t walk on it. Garden and park options will not please you with special beauty, but they do not require complicated maintenance and have versatility.
- The best time to choose the type of lawn is autumn. It is at this time of the year that you need to evaluate the existing landscape, organize a drainage system, add nutrient substance. For planting grass, you need to choose an early spring, in which case it will take root well, and will delight its appearance for a long time.
- Lawn grass has very small seeds, which complicates its uniform planting. To achieve a good result, it is necessary to mix seeds and coarse river sand. And still, often you have to additionally sow the seeds in empty areas. There is nothing terrible in this, even an experienced specialist is not safe from this.
- Any type of lawn requires regular, uniform watering. With insufficient moisture, the grass will acquire a yellowish tint and dry.
- If you did not have to work on creating a lawn before, then you can order a finished coating. It is delivered in rolls that unfold on the site.
There are practically no difficult moments in planting flowers. Even an absolute beginner can cope with this work. But to choose a good technique for their location relative to each other, plot and lawn - this really needs to be able to.
There are several techniques that you can take on arms. They are beautiful and at the same time simple:
- An island of several varieties of flowers , at least three, without a fence looks natural and picturesque. Here you can use roses, peonies or lower varieties of flowers.
- The carpet can be created from one variety, but choose different colors. First on the ground you need to draw the desired pattern. In certain areas of the pattern, seedlings of different colors are planted. Colors can be combined with each other or create contrast.
- Curb beds are used to frame paths. For these purposes, there are lots of flowers: stunted roses, septembers, marigolds. The only difficulty is the selection of plants of the same height and the uniformity of the line. By the way, you can make a flower bed in several rows.
- Waterbeds help in decorating ponds of artificial or natural type. Here you need to pick up special plants that show high humidity.
- Fenced flower beds look elegant in any landscape. For their organization, you can use a ready-made container or create a fence of brick, stone, wood.
- The essence of the mono-style fence is to plant flowers of the same variety and color in the selected area. This design has its own charm, here you can trace the spirit of minimalism, which always attracts with its restraint.
If the size of the plot allows, then you can combine different types of flower beds.
Flower beds are divided into types according to color combinations:
- Variegated objects combine a large number of shades. They are bright, key elements in the landscape. Such options will be relevant in areas with simple structures, without expressive objects.
- Contrast is created on the basis of two colors from different scales. Successful solutions are combinations of white and burgundy, orange and purple, white and blue, yellow and red.
- Solid flower beds are created from different colors, which are selected in one shade. This is the main condition for creating a beautiful composition. The flower beds are original and delicate, in the ombre style.
It is not enough to choose the necessary type of flowerbed, to pick up seedlings and seeds, you still need to know about the secrets that professionals use in their work.
They are listed below:
- In one flower bed you need to combine flowers that bloom at about the same time. In this case, you get a harmonious and picturesque composition. It is better to create several flower beds that will be covered with flowers at different times, in which case the site will always look blooming.
- Plants in containers require frequent watering, especially with prolonged absence of rainfall.
- When choosing a place for the location of the flower beds, you need to focus on the photophilia of plants. The flower bed, located in the shade, should consist exclusively of plants that do not need a lot of light.
- Plants with the same or similar care requirements should be located in one flower bed. Otherwise, the care of the flower bed will be difficult.
In the end, we left interesting, practical and useful tips that are simply necessary for a beginner landscape designer.
Without them, achieving the desired result will be extremely difficult:
- The size and shape of the site can be visually changed using the right choice of plants and their competent planting. For these purposes, you can use various techniques, for example, vertical landscaping, terraces, fenced beds, hanging elements.
- In the landscape must be present light elements. Playing artificial light in the evening garden can do a lot. It is necessary to carefully consider the location of the light sources, their type and principle of operation, to select the most advantageous areas that could be highlighted.
- Do not be afraid to use whists. This incomprehensible word refers to optical illusions that are created from plants, flowers and other elements, including architectural ones. Using whists, you can visually expand the site and shift the emphasis in the right direction.
- It is better to sow lawn grass in all the space that remains free from the garden and the vegetable garden. Such a simple move will visually increase the area of the site.
- On a small area for flower beds and rose gardens you need to allocate small areas. In this case, the flower beds will look harmonious.
- The combination of different elements should be based on contrast. For example, low plants should be located near tall plants, coniferous evergreens combine well with blooming objects.
- Steps are beneficial to use in the organization of landscape design. Such objects fit well into areas of various sizes and shapes. It is necessary to make embankments from the ground and support them, for example, with stones.
Now you can break the beds on the steps. For steps it is better to choose the extreme sections of the territory. The result is asymmetry and visual correction of the site.
Beautiful examples and options
Here the idea with steps and retaining walls is very successfully embodied. This trick, which allows you to visually resize the site, has already been mentioned in the article. This example is created in the spirit of minimalism, which is always fascinating. The lawn successfully combines with masonry.
In this landscape, all the tips listed above are used. Tall plants are combined with low ones, green areas are located next to flowering bushes, and free space is occupied by a lawn. The owner of this site managed to play beautifully on different forms of plants. Even the flower beds are made in the form of semicircles, and crowned with all this beauty is a large round composition. Everything here is in moderation, harmonious and contrasting.
For more tips and tricks on how to design a narrow section, see the next video.