TV is an integral element in a living room or lounge. In addition to the main task, this element performs a decorative function in the interior. Modern receiver models are much more compact and functional than their predecessors. Thanks to the convenient dimensions, new ways of placing multimedia equipment have appeared.
Features of accommodation
To save space in the room, the equipment is placed on the wall. This option is perfect for compact rooms. The process of attaching a TV receiver is complex and requires special knowledge and devices. Before starting the installation, you need to decide on the design of the wall on which you plan to install the equipment.
Designers note that large-sized models automatically become personal details of the decor. If you incorrectly choose the design of the wall (color, decoration material), the overall interior can be ruined.
Before hanging equipment, it is necessary to properly distribute furniture and various decorative elements.
It is necessary to accurately determine the following aspects:
- The color of the wall and the texture of the material for decoration.
- Choosing the most convenient and practical TV placement.
- The effect of radiation on a person (load on vision).
- The impact of external negative factors on the technique.
If the repair in the room is completed and the furniture is installed, you need to choose the ideal placement for the TV.
- You can hang the receiver over a chest of drawers, a curbstone and other low furniture. This installation idea is widespread.
- The second option - placement opposite the dining area or sofa. Make sure that the distance between the position of the viewer and the screen is acceptable. The larger the screen, the higher this indicator.
- The TV looks great above the fireplace, but only if it is artificial. The wall will become a dominant element in the design. The sizes of the two elements should be practically the same so that they do not overlap each other.
It is strongly recommended not to broadcast equipment near heating appliances, real fireplaces and artificial light sources. Installing a TV in front of the window is also not worth it.
To decorate the wall with the TV, you can use various materials offered by the market in a wide range.
Let us dwell on the most popular and popular options.
- Wallpaper. This is a practical, affordable and stylish material, which can have a different color. With its help, it is easy to identify a specific zone, designed specifically for the technique, or to organize the background from the ceiling to the floor. Experts recommend using canvases with 3D volumetric images. The theme of the picture should fit the style of the interior.
- Enamel paints. The paint has a saturated color, is inexpensive and keeps on the wall for a long time. Such material is perfect for wall decoration. The area next to the TV is best painted in colors with a "warm" temperature. If you want to highlight an object, use bright colors. Each decorative direction represents a specific color palette. On an empty space around the TV, using paints, you can draw any image: flowers, birds, abstraction and much more.
- Textile. To add coziness and comfort to the decor, use textiles. Give preference to natural fabrics. The color and texture of the material should be in harmony with furniture and other elements of fabric. Try contrasting the color of the TV and the textile.
- Plaster. Due to the decorative wall plaster, you can give extraordinary volume and texture. With its help, you can divide the wall into zones that differ in texture. Place a TV on a flat finish, and the textured part will decorate the equipment from different sides.
- Bamboo. Bamboo is a natural, reliable and cost-effective environmentally friendly material. Canvases from this plant are decorated with ethnic, Far Eastern and African styles. Bamboo goes well with a variety of pieces of furniture and modern appliances.
- Brick or stone. The above materials are perfect for decorating a wall with a TV. The wall, decorated with natural stone or brick, blends perfectly with the fireplace.
These are the most common ideas. The development of the design sphere presents new decor options using natural and artificial materials.
When choosing a palette for a wall with a TV, remember that the shade should not be too rich and flashy. The optimal palette of colors: white, cream, pastel colors, beige, brown. If the size of the room allows, you can choose a black color.
How to fix a TV?
Mounting a TV requires not only skills, but also a preparatory process. During operation, you need to be as careful as possible, especially if the equipment is large.
Decide at what height the TV receiver will be placed from the floor. Find the optimal point from which it is comfortable to view the video on the screen. The optimum height is at or near the viewer's eye level. As for the distance, it depends on the size of the screen. Information on this should be indicated in the instructions for the TV model.
It is contraindicated to attach the equipment to drywall. The material is not able to support the weight of the equipment. Even if the installation was successful, the TV can crash at any time.
Do not attach the equipment tightly to the wall. Leave a small gap for air circulation. This will allow the TV to cool during operation.
There are two ways of placing plasma on the wall: a bracket and a support.
Special design. It reliably joins a wall, and the equipment fastens on it.
There are several types of brackets:
- Inclined. With it, you can tilt the screen about 20 degrees from the base of the structure.
- Hard. Reliable and strong fixing without moving elements.
- Inclined and rotary. Using this option, you can not only tilt the screen, but also deploy it in any direction. Very comfortable and practical. The price of this option is higher than other models.
The support is a device that attaches the screen to a strong strip of metal. It can be purchased at a specialized store or made independently.
Any element should harmoniously blend into the style of the interior. In some areas, the technique fits easily and simply, and for others - you need to use special additional elements.
It is very difficult to achieve harmony between wall decoration and modern plasma in a classic style. The strict forms and futuristic appearance of the TVs contradict the main aspects of the classic directions.
For the harmony of all elements, special carved frames decorated with volume elements are used. Like paintings, they place TVs, making their appearance acceptable for baroque, empire or rococo. Such an element will decorate the overall decor. The frame can be several times larger than the model of the TV or just fit the dimensions of the equipment.
The second option is stucco molding. The TV is placed on the wall, and textured stucco is drawn around it. For greater expressiveness, it is covered with copper, gold or silver patina.
Delicate and comfortable style. A wooden wall is perfect, after which a TV will be installed. If there is no way to equip a panel from an array, you can purchase photo wallpaper with the image of boards. Finishing color palette: light and pastel colors. To fully match the decor, place the technique in a simple wooden frame. It can be decorated with the image of flowers or elements of antiquity (scuffs, faded paint, cracks).
An extraordinary and bold style that successfully combines both modern and classic elements. The wall with the TV can be decorated in bright or, conversely, bright colors, in contrast to the finish of the floor, ceiling and other walls.
The plasma panel in any size fits perfectly into the interior in its natural form, without additional elements. The wall can have both flat and volumetric texture. Placing a black TV on a white background, it will become an expressive element of style.
Minimalism is known for rigor, laconicism and simplicity. Clear rectangular shapes of a modern flat-screen TV fit seamlessly into the interior. The standard black color of the model is universal and is often used to design this modern style. As a finishing material, it is recommended to use wallpaper or paint.
High-tech is a high-tech style, so modern plasma plays not only a functional, but also an important decorative purpose. This is an accent detail of the interior. Black color of the model, strict form, glossy surface - all these aspects are characteristic of the above stylistics.
As a decorative material for wall decoration, volumes, enamels and glossy plastic panels are used, the dimensions of which are several times larger than the dimensions of the technique.
Also, the wall can be decorated with mirror tiles. These elements, along with chrome surfaces, are actively used in high-tech decor. Against the background of mirror elements, the technique will look especially expressive.
Stone or brick finish is the best solution for decorating a wall from a loft TV. Instead of natural material, you can use wallpaper with a similar image. This technique is recommended to be performed only on one of the walls in order to create dynamics in the decor.
Installing the TV on the wall is a practical and convenient way to place equipment that will save space in the room. This option significantly reduces the intensity of human exposure to the equipment and gives the decor originality. Installation of equipment by this method can be used both in classical and modern directions. The main thing is to use the advice from designers for a harmonious combination of technology with style and its elements.
See how to make a wall with a TV in the living room in the next video.