It is safe to say that upholstered furniture and carpets are in the interior of any modern housing, whether it is a rural house, a city apartment or a country cottage. There is no doubt that sofas, armchairs and other upholstered furniture periodically need to be thoroughly cleaned. Their material is easily contaminated not only on the surface of the upholstery, but also in deeper layers. Nowadays it is difficult to imagine an apartment or a house where there would be no indispensable attribute of good care - a vacuum cleaner.
Types and Features
With the high modern criteria of hygiene of the home, the absence of visible dust is not at all a sign of cleanliness. The smallest particles of dirt, ingrained in the upholstery of the furniture, and microscopic dust particles hanging in the air can cause discomfort during breathing, and in especially sensitive people even painful conditions, so the value of such a household appliance as a vacuum cleaner can not be overestimated.
Furniture vacuum cleaners are conditionally divided into 3 categories.
- For dry dust collection. This is the most budget option - lightweight, compact, not very noisy when working, simple, familiar. For these characteristics, customers often give preference to such vacuum cleaners when choosing. Qualitative versions of models will clean polished furniture, the surface of upholstered furniture, a computer keyboard, chandeliers, lamps, electronic devices that cannot be wet-cleaned.
However, such a vacuum cleaner will not cope with deep cleaning of upholstered furniture and carpets.
- Washing models. Their functionality will significantly extend the life of the furniture, provide a high level of cleaning, remove all kinds of tiny fibers from the fabric upholstery, cope with stains from spilled liquids, and refresh the air in the room. But such models are quite expensive, heavier and noisy when working. A type of washing vacuum cleaner is a furniture vacuum cleaner for dry cleaning - an extractor having a container for a cleaning solution and a vacuum nozzle for supplying it.
- Providing both dry and wet cleaning. Such models of vacuum cleaners are recommended for those who strive for perfect cleanliness and do not want to put up with the presence in their home of not only visible but invisible pollution. It will take longer to clean up with such a vacuum cleaner, but the result is worth it.
Separately, it should be noted a novelty of the 21st century purity industry - separator vacuum cleaners equipped with a powerful turbine and a high-speed engine. In retail chains, they appeared relatively recently. The polluted air in such vacuum cleaners is sucked into a flask with water, where high pressure is created by the separator, the contents are divided into 2 fractions - the pollution remains in the water, and clean, slightly moist air returns to the room.
Separator vacuum cleaners are used much longer than their previous "brothers", and it is easy and simple to handle them, accessible even for a child.
The best models
The well-known brands of world-famous manufacturers - VAX, Karcher, Rainbow, Bosch, Philips, Thomas, Electrolux, Samsung, Kitfort - thanks to their performance characteristics have received international recognition among many consumers. To opt for such models in all cases is the right decision. The high cost of the products does not scare away consumers and does not make such an acquisition unprofitable, since they have longer life and warranty.
How to choose?
When choosing a vacuum cleaner, you always need to remember the advisability of acquiring a particular model, not get carried away with the calls of advertising, calculate the maximum usefulness of a particular model for your home.
If you live in a small "odnushka", you have a little furniture, the family has not yet had time to have children - there is no need to buy an expensive bulky unit - it’s enough to purchase a high-quality budget version of one of the famous brands, which takes up little space when stored (easily fits in closet).
For a spacious home, in the interior of which there are a lot of upholstered furniture and carpets, the best option when choosing will be a multifunctional washing vacuum cleaner. Its high cost will quickly pay off. Having such a vacuum cleaner, you do not have to resort to the services of professional cleaning experts to periodically conduct thorough wet care, as cheaper models of vacuum cleaners with a limited set of functions will not allow for high-quality cleaning.
When choosing a vacuum cleaner, you should pay attention not only to the power consumption of electricity (placed on the product body), but also to a more significant parameter for the operation of the unit - suction power, which characterizes the quality of the "traction".
Take a look at the product data sheet - the value of this indicator is indicated there (optimal for furniture vacuum cleaners is at least 400-500 W).
The complete set of the product is essential. In simple models, the kit provides a minimum set of brushes and nozzles, but more advanced vacuum cleaners come with additional accessories, with which you can realize a lot of functionality. This can be steam generators for wet cleaning, dry cleaning devices, aqua filters with fragrances and ionizers, dust knocking devices and much more.
Modern vacuum cleaners are equipped with various types of dust collectors, which should also be considered when choosing.
- It can be paper disposable bags (discarded after use). Several of these bags may be included when purchasing a vacuum cleaner. You will have to periodically update their stock, so when choosing a vacuum cleaner, you need to consider this point. This is an additional cost, and trips to buy bags can be annoying, and time is money, as you know.
- Reusable options for fabric dust collectors are not the best solution because they will have to be washed periodically, which is not too comfortable.
- A plastic cyclone container can serve as a dust collector, which must be cleaned in a timely manner as it is filled so that the efficiency of the unit does not decrease.
- There are vacuum cleaners with aquafilters, in terms of practicality and efficiency of dust collection they surpass other options, it is worth taking a closer look at such models.
In vacuum cleaner filtration systems, pay attention to the type of filter. It is advisable to choose models equipped with modern S-filters or HEPA-filters with a high degree of purification (up to 99.9% depending on the class with timely change of filters).
There are some more important nuances, do not forget about them:
- check how and where the control buttons are located in the sense of convenience during operation;
- the cord length should be sufficient to work without moving from the outlet to the outlet, the advantage is the automatic winding of the cord;
- pay attention to the declared noise level;
- the most convenient type of tube is telescopic, check the reliability of its attachment to the body;
- the presence of rubber and silicone in the finish of the vacuum cleaner will protect furniture and flooring from accidental impacts (rubberized wheels and bumper).
How to use?
The life of the furniture directly depends on competent care. Good care is almost impossible to provide without a properly selected vacuum cleaner. Furniture in homes and offices is no less polluted than the floor.
These can be accumulations of ordinary dust, accidentally spilled liquid (coffee, wine, sauce) on the upholstery, and the wool of “our smaller brothers”. With irregular furniture cleaning, dust mites are more likely to occur.
Before you start working with a vacuum cleaner, you need to remember a few simple tips that affect the cleaning result:
- if upholstered furniture consists of collapsible elements, do not be too lazy to disassemble it - the availability of furniture cleaning from all sides will increase significantly;
- be sure to consider the type of upholstery fabric, its texture and color - the properties of modern upholstery materials are so diverse that it is worthwhile to carefully examine the specifics of upholstery care;
- if possible, try to remove any stains that are spotted immediately before they are eaten into the upholstery
- with carpets made using natural materials (wool, silk, jute), use a washing vacuum cleaner with extreme caution, strictly observing all the provisions of the instructions;
- do not mix different dry cleaning products at the same time - such experiments can permanently ruin the fabric;
- Use only high-quality, proven furniture cleaners (the well-known Vanish is a good option).
If you follow these simple rules of care, you will never be disappointed with the cleaning results, and your home will always shine with crystal clearness and freshness.
Until recently, vacuum cleaners were used only to collect dust and garbage, but modern high-tech models will not only provide complete care for all types of furniture in your interior, but also carry out comprehensive air purification in your home with its comfortable humidification, aromatization and ionization.
Compared with previous types, new modern developments of vacuum cleaner models create significantly less noise, they are highly productive, multi-functional, more compact in size, which allows them to remain indispensable universal assistants in the house.
In the next video, you will find cleaning the sofa with a Zelmer 919.0 ST vacuum cleaner.