Many summer residents and rural residents are engaged in growing vegetables in greenhouses. In a harsh climate - this is the only opportunity to try your own, environmentally friendly tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers. Currently, the market offers a huge selection of greenhouses. The products of the Russian company Volya are in great demand.
Features and types
The Volia company has been producing greenhouses for over 20 years, has a dealer network in various cities of the Russian Federation. Greenhouses of the Volya company are of good quality, thoughtful design, a variety of models. Frameworks of products are made of galvanized steel, therefore they are not subject to corrosion. The profile is used in different thicknesses and widths, in shape it resembles a man's hat with brim.
This type of profile has four multidirectional stiffness angles, which makes it as durable as possible.
Greenhouses are covered with polycarbonate. This durable, durable material creates optimal conditions for the growth and development of plants. You can sow seeds and plant seedlings a month earlier than usual. In the fall, harvesting time also increases.
The assortment of the Volia company includes the following types:
- “Dachnaya-Strelka” - thanks to the roof structure (elongated-conical shape), snow rolls from it without stopping;
- "Country-Arrow 3.0" - an improved modification of the previous model;
- "Dachnaya-Optima" - a robust structure designed for heavy snowfalls;
- “Dachnaya-Treshka” - is distinguished by the presence of a reinforced frame capable of withstanding a large snow load;
- "Dachnaya-Dvushka" - is an ideal option for small sites;
- "Orion" - characterized by the presence of an opening roof;
- "Present M2" - is represented by a hangar type, and is also equipped with an opening roof;
- "Dachnaya-2DUM" - is one of the first models of the company, it can be increased to the required size;
- "Country-Eco" - a budget option, as well as "Country-2DUM";
- "Delta" - has a gable removable roof, in the form of a house;
- "Lotus" - a greenhouse with a conveniently opening lid (the principle of "bread box").
Above is a brief description of the models. In order to find out the details about the greenhouse you like, you can contact the Volia company’s official website or regional representatives directly.
Design options: advantages and disadvantages
By the type of construction of the Volya greenhouse, they are divided into several types.
- Gable greenhouses with a roof in the form of a house. One of the presented models is Delta. Its advantages include the presence of a removable roof, as well as the useful and convenient use of the area, since the space along the edges is not lost. The downside, according to individual buyers, is the failure of some nodes. The disadvantage of other greenhouses with a similar roof is that in winter it is necessary to dump snow from them, otherwise collapse of the structure is possible.
- Hangar-type models are represented by a well-thought-out design that provides good wind protection. Due to the shape of the roof, greenhouses are able to withstand a large snow load. Plants are in comfortable conditions, because they receive uniform illumination, and modern material delays harmful UV rays. The disadvantage of this type of construction is the need to monitor the amount of snow that has fallen and to timely drop it from the greenhouse.
Installation and installation: how to do it right?
The life of the greenhouse depends on how the greenhouse is installed and assembled. If everything is done correctly, stable harvests of tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers will be provided for years to come.
Preparatory work includes the following activities:
- choose a suitable place, since sunlight should fall on the plants evenly, from all sides;
- prepare and level the site. If this is not done, it will be impossible to establish the correct design.
Greenhouses of the Volia company can be installed directly on the ground without using a foundation.
To do this, follow these steps:
- dig grooves around the perimeter with depth and width on the bayonet of a shovel;
- set the assembled frame to a prepared place;
- align it with the level: vertical, horizontal, diagonal;
- fill the grooves with earth and tamp;
- fasten polycarbonate - first at the ends, sidewalls;
- then cover the roof.
Dachnaya-Treshka is an improved form of the Dachnaya-2DUM greenhouse. It differs from the prototype in a reinforced frame, as well as additional racks. As a result, the maximum snow load is increased to 180 kg / m².
Pros and cons of the model
The advantages of the model "Country-Three rubles" include the following features:
- compactness of the package, if necessary, the kit can be taken away in a car with a trailer;
- ease of use - a height of more than two meters allows a person of any height to work comfortably inside the structure;
- there is enough space in the greenhouse for three beds with walkways;
- galvanized frame is highly resistant to corrosion.
This option has some disadvantages, namely:
- the design may not withstand too much snow load;
- It will be difficult for an inexperienced assembler to assemble a collapsible frame, since it contains a large number of parts.
The Dachnaya-Treshka model has standard sizes: the width is 3 meters and the height is 2.1 meters. The buyer chooses the length in accordance with his needs. The proposed options are 4, 6, 8 m. If necessary, you can increase to the desired level.
The basic components include the following elements:
- prefabricated frame parts;
- fixing screws and nuts;
- door, end, loop seals;
- doors and windows on both sides;
- racks for installation in soil.
Additionally, you can purchase items such as:
- side vents;
- galvanized beds;
- drip irrigation installation;
- automatic ventilation system;
- set for heating the greenhouse.
Location, foundation and assembly
The distance from the greenhouse to buildings, tall trees and fences should be at least two meters. Otherwise, snow or ice falling on it can deform or completely break the structure. And also it is impossible to install a greenhouse near the roadway, since the dust eats up in the coating, and plants will lack light.
The best location for the greenhouse is the south or southeast side of the site. It is good if a capital construction serves as a cover from the north.
As far as the cardinal points are concerned, the greenhouse, if possible, has ends to the east and west.
Before deciding to put the greenhouse on the foundation, you should consider all the advantages and disadvantages of this installation method and determine whether it is needed.
The presence of the foundation differs in the following advantages:
- protection against pests, rodents and soil frosts;
- the design is more reliable withstands strong winds;
- heat loss is reduced.
- you need to take a more responsible approach to choosing a place, since moving the greenhouse will be very time-consuming;
- the installation process is complicated, more time and effort is spent. For example, when building a brick foundation, you have to wait about a week until it sets. And if you pour it from concrete, then about ten days;
- additional costs for building materials (brick, cement, crushed stone, sand, reinforcement) will be required;
- if you pour a concrete strip foundation, one person can not cope, the solution solidifies quickly;
- as a result, the payback period of the greenhouse increases.
To make the foundation, you need to perform the following steps:
- clear the area;
- mark out the length and width of the greenhouse;
- dig a ditch 30–40 cm deep and 15–20 cm wide;
- carefully level and compact the bottom, fill the sand with a layer of 10 cm;
- pour water and seal well again;
- put the formwork, for its manufacture use boards;
- prepare a solution: mix M200 cement, crushed stone and sand in a ratio of 1: 1: 2;
- pour the foundation, laying it with reinforcement (metal bar);
- after about one or a half weeks, the formwork is removed;
- to increase the service life impose waterproofing (roofing material or bitumen).
During the construction of the foundation, one more important point should be taken into account: during pouring, anchor bolts are installed with a length of 50 cm and a diameter of 20 mm. The immersion depth in concrete should be at least 30 cm, on the surface - 20 cm or more. The frame can be screwed to the bolts with metal wire.
The greenhouse fixed in this way is able to withstand any natural disasters.
After choosing a place and pouring the foundation, the most difficult part of the work begins - from the many details you need to assemble the frame of the future greenhouse. Usually at this stage, many beginning summer residents come to a standstill. However, as they say, "the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing." It is only once necessary to collect the greenhouse itself, to delve into this matter, as it becomes clear that there is nothing very complicated in it. Just the first time you have to spend more time.
The main problem is that the instruction from the manufacturer contains mainly schemes, there is very little text. In addition, it is not enough just to read, you still need to identify every detail. To some extent, the marking that is placed on each element is designed to help in this. Connect the parts along the factory holes provided with bolts and nuts. No need to drill or buy anything extra. It is better to work with gloves so as not to injure your hands on sharp edges.
After the greenhouse is assembled and installed, it is covered with polycarbonate.
Before starting work, you must once again check the correctness of the design using the building level.
Then you can proceed directly to the installation of the coating, to do this, follow these steps:
- cut 3 meters from a whole polycarbonate web;
- attach a piece to the end and outline the cut line;
- cut out a template;
- make the rest of the marking according to the instructions.
Important! It should be noted the side where there are inscriptions on the film. It is protected from ultraviolet radiation and must be fixed outwards. When the film is removed, the sides cannot be distinguished.
If installed incorrectly, polycarbonate will quickly collapse.
After the ends are closed, they begin to cover the sides.
It should be remembered that:
- polycarbonate should protrude evenly from all sides;
- the next sheet overlap;
- fixed along the edges of the frame.
The last stage is the installation of doors and windows. In the process, you need to carefully tighten the screws to prevent deformation and destruction of the coating. The finishing touch is the sealing of cracks between the foundation and the greenhouse with foam. If there is not enough time and effort to carry out all the above work, then it is worth entrusting the assembly to professionals.
Reviews about the greenhouses of the company "Volya"
In general, the Volia company models received good and excellent marks for quality and practicality.
The following points are especially distinguished:
- convenience, the design of the greenhouse is thought out to the smallest detail;
- You can choose the right size;
- an installation option without a foundation is provided, which means that, if necessary, it can be easily transferred to another place;
- there are air vents;
- models with increased snow load easily survive the winter, but you still need to remove snow from the rest;
- if you take the work carefully and thoughtfully, then assembly, installation and installation are not difficult.
In addition to positive, there are also negative reviews.
The following points are mainly noted:
- some sections in the instructions are incomprehensible, there is little text, and the schemes are poorly read;
- sometimes there is a low quality of parts and fixtures, holes are not drilled or completely absent;
- shortage, you have to buy the missing items.
For information on how to assemble and install the “Dachnaya - Treshka” greenhouse from Volia, see the next video.