The choice of wireless electric calls is now quite wide, so there is the opportunity to find a device for your needs, suitable for any operating conditions. When choosing, one must look not only at the positive aspects, but also take into account the shortcomings in order to be ready for them. Then the call can last a long time without serious failures.
Schemes and principle of operation
These devices differ in a set of options, range and source of power. They are similar in one - the presence of a transmitter and receiver signal. The transmitter is a button, the receiver is a unit with a musical microcircuit, speaker and antenna. Let’s analyze in more detail what exactly the scheme and principle of operation of wireless electric bells are expressed.
As you can see, in the diagram, the transmitter includes: a high-frequency generator, an amplifier-converter, several semiconductor triodes and a power source . The power source here is a 12 V battery. The frequency of transmitting a radio signal to the receiver is 433 MHz. The antenna itself is missing here. Its functions are performed by two parallel-connected circuits. Thus, a simple microcircuit makes it possible to broadcast a signal of 50 m or more.
The receiver structure is very simple. Its basis is the only transistor. From the transmitter, the command in the form of an electronic signal is sent to the detector, which receives it and, in turn, sends it to the amplifier. Next, the command is transmitted to the sound chip, where a sound signal (bell) is created, intended for the human ear. In addition, thanks to this chip, melodies are changed, and sound power is also adjusted.
A sound amplifier and speaker are designed to play a call.
Advantages and disadvantages
Of course, all modifications are different in structure and functionality, but you can isolate the main pros and cons.
The advantages of electric calls are several factors.
- No wiring. When mounting the bell, you do not need to pull long wires. This is especially important for outdoor applications.
- Easy to install. This directly comes from the first point - the lack of cables. In addition, it will not be necessary to drill holes in the walls or door frames for wires, spoil the appearance of entrance doors, gates, gates.
- Comfort A wireless call is comfortable for both owners and guests, especially in a private home, located at a distance from the entrance gate. By setting the button on the gate, the house will always hear if the guest calls.
- Re-equipment and relocation. It is possible to put receivers and electric calls in different places of the site or at home. And if necessary, any element can be easily outweighed from place to place.
- Beautiful design. There are a large number of various calls on the market that make it possible to choose a device for home decoration.
Like any technical solution, this device also has disadvantages. We list them.
- Insufficiently secure fit. Usually this flaw is in versions with Velcro. In case of rough handling, harsh climate or bad adhesive, the device can simply fall and fail.
- Frequent replacement or recharging of batteries. Individual samples run on batteries, while consuming a lot of energy. It is always necessary to control the degree of charging of power sources and acquire new ones.
- Short circuit and interruptions. When dust, moisture or severe frost penetrates inside the device, the device may not work properly.
- Thieves and vandals. Since the button is wireless, it’s easier to steal or just smash.
First of all, electronic doorbells vary in range. You need to consider where you install this device: on the front door of the apartment or on the gate of an individual house. Electric calls are:
When mounting on the street, it is necessary that the range of the device is 20-25% greater than the distance between the transmitter and receiver.
Call elements can be powered by:
- button and receiver from batteries;
- button from the batteries, and a call from the network.
How to choose?
In order not to make a mistake when choosing, it is necessary to focus on the following characteristics.
- Design decisions. The color and configuration of the case can be different with the same principle of operation.
- Range of action. When the house or territory is significant, you should select samples with a long range.
- The quality level of the material. Low-grade plastic can crumble under the influence of adverse climatic conditions.
- Completeness. In the store you need to find out what is included in the kit.
- Manufacturer. It is more expensive for a well-known brand to produce low-quality products.
- Food. Fully autonomous or hybrid (battery powered and networked).
- Warranty This is important, because the greater the guarantee, the more likely it is that the device will last a long time.
You can buy a device from both Russian and foreign companies. The best quality among Italians and Germans, only they are very expensive.
See how to choose a call.