The life of a modern person cannot be imagined without a computer, and for such a technique special furniture is needed. Therefore, the choice of a table for a computer should be treated carefully. The corner model of the table in light shades is becoming an increasingly popular view, as it has many advantages.
Advantages and disadvantages
The white corner computer desk, like any furniture, has both advantages and disadvantages. The benefits include:
- Compactness. The corner table is most often located at the intersection of two walls, thereby not taking up much space;
- Convenient design. The angular model is designed in such a way that it is comfortable for a person to be behind it for several hours;
- High functionality and roominess. Often such furniture includes shelves, racks, which significantly frees up the working surface of the table;
- Wide range of. This species has many species, depending on the parameters (shape, color, material);
- Diverse design. The white surface is a kind of canvas for the embodiment of a variety of design ideas. As a result, the table acquires a unique appearance and uniqueness;
- High strength. These models are most often made of high-quality and durable material (solid wood, wood boards, metal);
- Easy assembly and disassembly ;
- Universality. White color is basic in many stylistic decisions, so such furniture will be appropriate in any interior. In addition, the corner table will harmoniously fit into the living room, the bedroom, and the study.
Of the shortcomings, it is worth noting the rapid pollution of the surface, so it is undesirable to purchase such furniture for children of primary school age.
The angular model of furniture is divided into several types, depending on one or another parameter.
Depending on the location, the tables are:
- Diagonal (facing the corner of the room);
- Diagonal-perpendicular (facing the wall).
The first type is characterized by countertops of the same size, in the second version, one countertop goes longer. The second option is more preferable for students and people who need a lot of objects at hand. Often, the first and second types come with shelves on which it is convenient to store notebooks, books and even toys. For schoolchildren, such models mainly come with steps, which is more comfortable when using them.
Depending on the material used, the table is divided into:
The most popular types are tables made of wood-based panels and solid wood. Such furniture is characterized by high practicality, environmental friendliness, attractive appearance and the possibility of restoration. Plate models are a cheaper option than solid wood tables.
More expensive tables are oak, white acacia. This model is distinguished not only by high strength and durability, but also by the pleasant smell of wood, which will fill the apartment with home comfort and tranquility.
White wood goes well with darker species (for example, wenge) and creates a unique appearance of the structure.
Wooden models will be the long-awaited “guest” in both the classic and modern interiors.
Plastic models are furniture that is characterized by affordability, light weight and presentable appearance. Reliability of the design can give metal inserts and legs. White plastic fits well in a modern apartment. Another such table will be in harmony with objects from other materials.
As a rule, the third type has only a frame and legs of metal. In this case, the countertop can be made of any other materials. Such a design would be appropriate in a modern interior loft, high-tech, minimalism, modern. At the same time, the legs can be painted white, and can have their original shade. Often such models have an additional retractable worktop. Such tables are also characterized by high strength and ergonomics.
Glass tables are not uncommon today. They are chosen for their original design (any pattern can be applied to glass), strength and versatility. A table made of glass is suitable for any interior of the apartment. You can find combined models, where the countertop is made of glass, and the legs are made of metal or wood.
Depending on the level of functionality, furniture can be divided into:
- table transformer;
- hinged table;
- table with shelves.
A transforming table is preferable for small-sized apartments, as it can turn into another type of furniture. After the working process, such a model can be folded into a narrow cabinet for storing equipment. Of the inconvenient qualities, it is worth noting the absence of foreign objects on the surface. Or you have to constantly remove them during the transformation.
The hinged structure is usually compact and suitable for small rooms. Such a table most often has floor and hinged shelves. Of the minuses can be noted the difficult dismantling of the table.
Computer furniture with shelves greatly simplifies the use of the workplace. Shelves can store many items that are needed. You can also place souvenirs, piggy banks for additional decor on them. Designs with niches and shelves are a little more expensive than tables without them, but the capacity of such tables is higher.
Depending on the surface gloss, the models of corner computer tables can be:
Gloss for computer desks is not the most suitable surface. But in the presence of tinting elements or a glossy film of low reflectivity, this option is valid. Glossy can be not only plastic or glass, but also wood and metal thanks to a modern acrylic film. Such a model will look harmoniously in the avant-garde interior.
The matte surface is more conservative and pleasing to the eye. Therefore, these tables are chosen more often than others for both office space and residential apartment. Frosted glass of white color visually creates the image of a light and compact table. Still such a surface will well hide objects and elements located under the countertop - wires, shelves.
The variety of species often makes you lose your choice when buying a table. In order to prevent this from happening, you need to know the basics of the right choice.
In order for the table service life to be long, it is necessary to carefully prepare for its selection:
- First of all, before buying furniture, you should find out the dimensions of the equipment. The table should not be too large for the equipment, if it is not planned to use it also as a working area;
- Material. You should choose a table made of high quality material. To do this, you can ask for a certificate of safety and quality from the seller;
- The general interior of the room where the furniture will be located. If the room is overloaded with wooden parts, then you should opt for a plastic or metal structure. For a classic style, it would be inappropriate to use a table made of glass or plastic. This option is more suitable for a modern interior;
- High quality fittings and additional parts. It is necessary to carefully and carefully examine the accessories and the surface of the inserts for defects or chips;
- Affordable price, which should not be overstated or understated. With caution, it is worth treating cheap furniture made of solid wood or metal.
White corner computer tables fit seamlessly into a modern room. A competently selected model can last for many years, and at the same time will not go out of fashion.
A detailed master class on how to make a white corner computer desk with your own hands is presented in the video below.