A lawn mower is an indispensable unit for cleaning garden or summer cottages. The most recognizable technique is the Viking brand, which includes amateur and professional models of mowers. The advantages of Viking petrol lawn mowers and the model range are given in our article.
The Austrian company Viking appeared on the market relatively recently - in 1981. The founder, Heinrich Lechner, was originally engaged in the production of garden shredders, however, already in 1984 the first Viking lawn mower appeared. After the 90s, the product range expanded, and technology became popular around the world. Austrian Viking mowers offer customers gasoline and electronic types of equipment, as well as the most popular recently - battery.
Also, the models are divided into self-propelled and non-self-propelled, characterized by front and rear wheel drive. Today, Viking is one of the leading companies in the production of gas mowers - primarily due to the high performance and endurance of the units. It is also worth noting a durable case made of high quality materials.
An equally important factor noted by users is the equipment design - the models are presented in the brightest shades.
Consider the main advantages of Viking gasoline mowers:
- the robust frame design allows you to use the device for a long time;
- large corrugated wheels improve adhesion to the surface, as well as reduce the degree of damage to the grass cover during processing;
- low noise level - only 96 dB;
- weak vibration of the included unit;
- knives are made of durable steel that can withstand heavy work;
- from the special technique of sharpening the blade the lawn does not turn yellow;
- the presence of an ergonomic folding handle;
- effective work on uneven areas;
- A wide range of amateur and professional equipment.
Of the disadvantages of this type of equipment it is worth highlighting:
- lack of devices that reduce the amount of harmful emissions into the atmosphere;
- a large mass of mowers;
- high price.
Even despite the above-mentioned negative features, Viking gasoline lawn mowers are still used to clean house territories. Buyers especially note the power of the unit, which allows you to perform long-term work without interruptions and overheating.
Next, we consider modern models of Viking brand gas mowers.
RM-2.0 R is a mower equipped with a plant waste disposal function. Wheels allow maneuvering around any obstacles, which facilitates the overall workflow. The model is designed for a processing area of up to 1,500 squares. Due to the lack of a grass catcher, the crushed grass is returned to the lawn as fertilizer.
- case - strong sheet steel;
- the presence of nozzles for mulching;
- OHV engine with a power of 2.1 kW;
- the total mass of the device is 22 kg;
- Cutting width - 46 cm, height varies from 28 to 85 mm.
Cost - 26 900 rubles (2019).
RM-248 is a convenient model with the function of a 7-step adjustment of the cutting height of the grass (from 25 to 75 mm). The capacious grass catcher (55 l) is designed for continuous operation. The compact form of equipment allows you to perform the most complex tasks.
- the area of the processed surface - 1200 sq. meters;
- motor power - 2.1 kW;
- engine type - EVC 200.1;
- cutting width - 46 cm;
- unit weight - 26 kg;
- noise level - 96 dB.
Cost - 23,900 rubles (2019).
MB-650.3 VS is a powerful unit designed for processing areas with an area of up to 2000 "squares". A housing made of aluminum increases the reliability of the device, protecting it from mechanical damage during operation. This model is complemented by a brake / clutch knife system.
- haircut width - 48 cm;
- adjustable cutting height - 25-85 mm;
- weight - 50 kg.
Cost - 69 900 rubles (2019).
RM-655 V is a multi-function gas mower with a heavy duty engine (2.6 kW). The manufacturer equipped this model with an easy-start system, as well as a Vario all-wheel drive for stepless speed. A 53-centimeter mowing width and a 70-liter grass catcher allow you to handle large lawns.
- the set includes multi-knife and wedge;
- total weight - 46 kg;
- sound power level - 98 dB;
- motor type Serie XT800 OHV SC.
Cost - 78 500 rubles (2019).
MB-3.2 RT is a three-wheeled version of a gas mower. It differs in the type of motor - Ready Start, as well as the presence of a wheel drive. The technique maneuvers well around bushes and trees, ideal for creating curly lawns. In addition, the model is considered universal, as it is used as a mower with side discharge and a mulching device.
- harvesting surface area - 2000 sq. meters;
- weight - 32 kg;
- cutting height changes from 25 to 8 mm;
- haircut width - 48 cm.
Cost - 42,000 rubles (2019).
How to choose?
Before buying garden equipment, you must consider the technical and functional components of the mower. To all this, when choosing, the type, area of the plot, as well as possible irregularities, are taken into account.
Criteria for choosing a Viking gas mower:
- type and power of the engine;
- cutting strip size (from 30 to 120 cm);
- cutting height and the ability to adjust it;
- grass ejection system - the presence of a tank, a mulching system or ejection (front / rear);
- type and volume of grass catcher (if any);
- equipped with a function of chopping grass.
The Viking gas mower equipment has been supplemented with an instruction manual with important sections on working with the device. So, it includes:
- how the equipment is arranged (with diagrams, description, assembly rules);
- technical features;
- safety requirements;
- how to prepare for work (start, fill);
- maintenance (changing oil, valves, other parts);
- list of possible malfunctions.
So, before you start the mower, you need to refuel it . The gasoline type unit requires special mixing of fuel. So, for a two-stroke engine, a mixture of gasoline and engine oil (1: 2) is suitable, for a four-stroke engine, it is recommended to pour pure gasoline.
In order not to harm the just purchased device, it is better to familiarize yourself with the instructions, which often indicate the type of fuel suitable for a particular model.
Technical fluid is purchased in specialized stores of landscape gardening equipment. Gasoline mowers made in Austria by Viking are reliable, tough and durable helpers for owners of garden or house adjoining areas. A wide range of self-propelled / non-self-propelled lawn mowers allows the buyer to choose the best equipment for many years.
See how to choose a Viking lawnmower in the next video.