Music has become an integral part of the life of modern man. Wherever you go, everywhere you can hear it: from telephones and speakers in the yards, in parks and squares, in cafes and even on picnics in the forest. Therefore, one should not be surprised at the popularity of portable audio systems with a flash drive.
Let us dwell on the features of this type of speaker.
The portable speaker is a mini speaker system designed to play tunes. In most cases, songs are played on a smartphone, tablet or computer, and transferred to the column via a wireless interface. However, some time ago, manufacturers introduced new models of speakers that play the melody from the media.
Their advantages are obvious. In order to listen to music, you do not need the Internet and a stable connection between gadgets - just insert a USB flash drive and press “play” . At the same time, you can not worry that your smartphone will be discharged at the most unfortunate moment and leave you without music.
There are other advantages to such audio systems.
- Compact size. The device does not take up much space, it can be carried in an ordinary bag or backpack in order to listen to your favorite music in any convenient place.
- High quality sound. The speakers built into the speaker give a more solid sound than those installed in the smartphone. The quality and depth of sound are achieved due to the large size speaker, especially well such models produce medium and low frequencies.
- Ability to connect to external systems. Any speaker with a USB flash drive can optionally be connected to a phone, tablet or computer via bluetooth - the range is usually 20-30 m.
- Universality. A modern gadget can become a full-fledged alternative audio headset. Even the most budget models have the ability to receive calls - the call is transferred to the speakerphone, so you don’t have to get the phone and hold it near your ear.
- Most speakers have a Powerbank function. In this case, the gadget acts as a charger for phones.
What flash drives are used?
Most often, microSD is used as external media in the columns; almost all models on the market are equipped with similar ports. These memory cards are relatively small and consume little power, so they can be used even in the most budget devices. Almost all existing models are equipped with such ports. These memory cards are small and consume very little power. However, despite the dimensions, the memory capacity of such cards should be sufficient to store a large number of audio files.
High-power speakers with multi-capacitive batteries are equipped with USB sockets. For such a carrier, a lot of energy is needed, therefore, miniature and budget models do not have such connectors.
We draw attention to the fact that the presence of a connector for a USB flash drive does not mean that you can connect an external drive of 1 TB. Each model has a maximum permissible memory capacity of an external drive, it must be indicated in the user manual.
Any column for a USB flash drive necessarily has a set of buttons that are necessary for rewinding tracks.
The best models
The modern market offers a large number of portable speakers with flash drives. This allows each buyer to choose a model that will best match his personal preferences and financial capabilities.
To date, the most popular speakers are the production of Xiaomi. Their portable models with flash drives have a stylish design and are of high sound quality. But the popular choice is JBL , the speakers of this brand were loved by users for high quality, and the active promotion of the brand played a role.
There are other equally popular models.
Ginzzu GM— 887B
- loud and clear sound;
- ease of use;
- stylish design;
- relatively small mass of the product.
- not very convenient control system;
- inability to turn off the backlight.
This speaker with the ability to connect a USB flash drive is optimal for use on the streets, as it makes quite loud sounds. To connect from the media use a microSD memory card. The column is powered by batteries with a power parameter of 12 watts. The mass of the column is a little more than 1 kg, so it can be taken with you anywhere.
SVEN PS— 72
- good sound reproduction;
- affordable price;
- long battery life.
- concise design;
- weak ergonomics;
- when listening to a melody at low frequencies, a pronounced hiss.
The column is made of high quality “soft touch” plastic. Front mounted metal grille. The battery is capacious, powerful, so that the device can be operated without recharging up to 9-10 hours. But the fittings are not very reliable.
If you are going to use such a column as a smartphone, then your interlocutor simply will not hear you.
Ginzzu GM— 886B
- high sound quality;
- good work at low frequencies;
- long battery life on a single charge;
- equalizer option.
- lack of indication of charging on the display;
- impressive dimensions.
Such a column works without recharging for about 5-6 hours, has an attractive design and an easy-to-use interface. When connecting a flash drive, you can use the “Equalizer” option and adjust the correct sound of any melody, which is very convenient for all music lovers.
SVEN PS— 220
- low cost in comparison with columns of other brands;
- beautiful sound;
- excellent sound quality at high volume;
- good build.
- inconvenient speaker control system;
- short battery life.
The mass of this speaker is only 400 grams, which is very convenient for portable audio systems. Thanks to such a mass and small dimensions, the column can be taken with you wherever you go. The case is reliably protected from moisture and dirt, microSD is used as a carrier, there is a microphone, it is possible to connect your own headset. However, you will not be able to rest with such a column for a long time - the period of its autonomous operation does not exceed 3 hours, after that the column needs recharging, although it is possible to extend the period of use of the model using external batteries.
SUPRA PAS— 6255
- when turned off, remembers the position of the song;
- good battery;
- the presence of a built-in alarm;
- high quality sound reproduction;
- The menu is completely Russified.
- the inability to connect a speaker via bluetooth;
- small display;
- lack of own charger.
This acoustic model reproduces sound well at both low and high frequencies. The charger is not included, but you can always use any other USB charger, for example, from a smartphone.
It supports sound playback from both a microSD card and flash memory up to 32 GB - this is more than enough for any music lover.
Dialog AP— 1000
- high volume
- good battery;
- can catch radio frequencies.
- impressive weight;
- display backlight;
- when listening to bass pronounced wheezing.
This speaker system works well, its charge is enough for 10-11 hours, if you listen to songs at medium volume. However, this model is not very comfortable to wear because of its large mass. If you wish, you can always listen to music by cable - this is especially convenient for those who are driving.
Good reviews were awarded to the Defender Atom MonoDrive model. Such a speaker is optimal for use in small rooms, since its total power is not enough for listening in open spaces, the parameter is only 5 watts. For a party, you may need an amplifier column. The sound is mono, but for such a compact product its quality can be considered quite acceptable.
Music is played with microSD, the battery allows you to provide offline work for 3 hours without recharging. In general, the model fully justifies its affordable price, while it is loud, and this can not but rejoice.
The opposite of this model is the BBK BTA6000. At first glance, it might seem that the user is not an ordinary portable speaker, but a full-fledged stereo sound system. This device has quite impressive dimensions, and its weight is about 5 kg - you can’t hang such a model on your shoulder. The speaker is optimal for celebrations and discos. The power is 60W, the battery is charged both from the network and via the USB port. Allows you to play a recording from a USB flash drive, but can also work through bluetooth. There is a microphone.
Additionally, the column is equipped with a connector for a guitar and spectacular lighting, which can always be adjusted according to the intensity of the glow.
How to choose?
Before choosing a particular column with an input for a flash drive, you need to take into account important factors.
- The total number of speakers. The logic here is simple: the more there are, the better. Sound acoustics with a single emitter gives monosound and at high volume does not sound as clean as models with two or more speakers.
- The frequency that the column can take. The best option is a corridor of 20-20000 Hz, but in practice this parameter is usually underestimated.
- Power. This parameter does not provide sound quality - it only affects the volume. 1.5–2 W models sound a little louder than a smartphone, so you can listen to such music either as background or in very small rooms. Products with a power of 16–20 W provide a volume level comparable to the operation of an average TV. But for friendly parties and discos, it is better to use models with a power of 40 watts or more. However, keep in mind: the greater the power, the larger the dimensions of the product, the mass of the columns and its cost. Yes, and the period of active operation in such models is shorter, the most powerful models even work only from the mains.
- Autonomy. Most often, portable speakers are purchased in order to take them with you on hikes, for walks and on picnics. Therefore, it is optimal that the minimum time of their work on a single charge is 4-6 hours.
- Sizes. For the same reason as the above, you need to consider the dimensions of the column. Too heavy or surround speakers will not be very convenient. However, this drawback is very relative, nowadays few people go for a walk without a city backpack.
- When choosing a player, special attention should be paid to the signal level. The closer this parameter is to 100 dB, the better the sound reproduction of the device will be.
Overview of the large column, see below.