The assortment of modern stereo systems is huge and tirelessly replenished with new devices that differ in rich functionality. Even the most demanding consumer can choose the perfect musical equipment. In this article, we will learn more about stereo systems and understand what types they are divided into.
What it is?
Acoustic equipment is constantly updated and improved. Today on sale you can find such devices that reproduce a truly chic and rich sound. High-quality stereo systems of sufficient power may possess such characteristics. The stereo system itself is a chain of special components that, working together, produce a specific sound . The stereo provides a listening experience when sounds are arranged on 2 channels, creating the effect of a kind of “scene”.
The music is mixed, so some sounds are located to the right, and others to the left of the main listening composition. Sounds that are located in the right and left channels come from the front center channel between the speakers.
Modern stereo systems are available in various variations. They differ from each other not only in operational and technical characteristics, but also in sound quality, external design. Choosing the optimal model of acoustics, consumers pay attention to all of the above parameters.
Let us consider in detail what types of stereo systems exist, and by what criteria they differ. Modern stereo systems are made with different dimensional parameters.
On sale there are such varieties.
- Microsystems. Compact devices that are presented in a wide range. True, systems of this format, as a rule, are not very powerful. Microsystems are portable (wireless) - such devices can be carried everywhere with you.
- Mini format systems. The perfect portable home solution. They differ in good sound, but at the same time they are small in size, so they do not have to allocate too much free space.
- Midisystems . The largest and most powerful types of stereo systems. Often on sale there are floor options that require a lot of free space for installation. More often midi systems reproduce high-quality, saturated sound. They are often used to complement a home theater.
Modern stereo systems differ in terms of functionality. Manufacturers supply musical equipment to stores, which is supplemented by such useful options:
- the ability to play video files;
- the ability to connect flash cards, USB;
- high-quality recording is provided on the hard drive built into the system;
- popular models with equalizer;
- with karaoke (many devices provide for the simultaneous connection of 2 microphones, which can be wireless).
Current HI-FI speakers are very popular. They are actively sold, because they can reproduce sound in truly high quality.
In stores you can find high-power devices, for example, it can be a system of 3000 watts.
The best models
Let's get acquainted with some models of stereo systems that are in great demand.
Rosso Florentino Volterra Piano
Let's begin our acquaintance with the expensive musical system of the phase-inverter type. The model is designed specifically for "desperate music lovers", true connoisseurs of quality music and sound. The technique combines sophisticated design and advanced technology.
The maximum power of this device is 200 watts. The Italian stereo has a lacquered finish. The maximum frequency of Hz is 100,000.
A popular set of speakers, which is inexpensive, but is of good quality. The body of the equipment is made of MDF and is made in traditional black color. The power of the subwoofer is 2 watts., Central speaker - 12 watts., Rear speakers - 2x12 watts. (similar performance in front speakers).
More often this speaker system is used to equip computer equipment. The technique perfectly reproduces all the details of sound tracks, as well as low-frequency peals and percussion bass . The system is equipped with a built-in radio and media player, which can read the necessary information from flash cards.
Hi-Fi speaker system, the total power of which reaches 140 watts. Cases of all components are made of MDF. The system itself includes 2 front and 1 center speakers. Yamaha NS-P160 is renowned for its excellent sound quality .
All the speakers in the kit received a phase-inverter design, so they will sound best if you put them at a small distance from the wall. The design of the Yamaha brand system also looks attractive.
A 3-way speaker system that comes with 3 speakers for better sound. Users will appreciate the clarity, naturalness and depth of sound . This stereo system refers to the shelf type, has 3 speakers, as well as a woofer made of cellulose. The columns are finished with veneer. This high-quality Hi-Fi system has an attractive and minimalistic design with a predominance of black colors.
Magnat Tempus 55
In the production of this high-quality Hi-Fi system, a special Klippel laser system was used, with which we analyzed the operation of all key elements with subsequent refinement. The speakers of the Magnat Tempus 55 feature premium sound quality . They are equipped with a dome type tweeter.
It should be noted that the Magnat Tempus 55 boasts excellent tonal balance. The bass here is as clear and neat as possible. The sound of mid frequencies is natural. At the same time, the upper frequencies are more emphasized, but do not draw all the attention to themselves. The total power of this stereo system is 280 watts. The body of all components is made from MDF.
The front speakers of the device are of the floor type. All components are supplemented with special support legs.
How to choose?
It is necessary to select a stereo system, starting from several important parameters. Before rushing to the store in search of the best model of musical equipment, you should figure out exactly what conditions you want to purchase it for.
- Consider the size of the room in the house or apartment where you intend to put the equipment . If the area of the room is small, then it makes sense to take a stereo system compact. If the room, on the contrary, is large, then here you can place more solid options of high power. For the street, you only need to buy a street stereo system that is protected from negative external factors, for example, from dampness and moisture.
- Consider the power parameters of a home stereo system. Decide in advance what exactly you want to receive from the planned purchase. If you have a spacious dwelling, and you want to put loud acoustics in it, then you should pick up something more powerful. Always pay attention to the parameters of the equipment, carefully studying all the characteristics, since many merchants often artificially overestimate many indicators of devices.
- Think in advance what functionality you want to get from the stereo. For example, models with karaoke, equalizer, radio and other useful components are popular today. Decide which options you will need and which ones not, so as not to waste money on a multifunctional model.
- It is recommended to buy only branded musical equipment. High-quality stereo systems that reproduce a truly chic sound are produced by many well-known brands, the name of which is known to everyone. Such solutions are good not only with high quality performance, but also with a guarantee from the manufacturer. In the event of breakdowns or defect detection, branded equipment can be replaced with a new one, which cannot be said about obscure devices from obscure manufacturers.
- Buy a stereo system in a trusted store selling music or home appliances. It is not recommended to purchase such technical devices in questionable outlets with an incomprehensible name. Here you are unlikely to find a high-quality and original product from a well-known manufacturer.
How to assemble?
It is quite possible to assemble a stereo system with your own hands. The creation or independent improvement of such acoustic equipment cannot be called too complicated. Consider how you can carry out such work on your own. You can assemble your system on the basis of a separate receiver or amplifier (a tube is suitable - they are presented in a wide assortment), speakers (for example, wireless) and a source device. True, such a system can turn out to be too cumbersome.
Let's analyze the main characteristics of a stereo receiver.
- Amplifier Responsible for supporting 2-channel speaker setup.
- Tuner AM or FM . Need to listen to radio stations.
- Analog audio outputs . Needed to connect additional devices.
Consider the additional connection options for the audio receiver.
- Phono Input . There are almost all stereo receivers for connecting the player.
- Digital type audio connections . This refers to optical and coaxial outputs.
- Connecting A / B speakers . It allows you to connect 4 speakers, but listening to surround sound will not be provided. Columns B - basic, will consume energy from amplifiers. The A / B device option allows you to listen to the same sound source in the room.
- Zone 2 . Output - “Zone 2” delivers a stereo signal to 2nd place, but it needs amplifiers.
- Exit to the subwoofer . Choose a stereo receiver that allows you to connect this device.
- Wireless multi-room device . There are stereo receivers that have similar platforms, for example, MisucCast. With their help, you can send music to the joint speakers wirelessly.
- Wi-fi, internet . You can enable it to access the streaming services of the tracks.
- Bluetooth, USB . Often provided in many devices.
- Video Connections . They have some models of receivers.
It is recommended to select all components for self-assembly of the stereo system, having compiled a detailed list of the necessary elements in advance. You can enlist the help of a sales assistant.
How to connect to a computer?
Connect the stereo system to the computer by first installing the driver (correspond to a specific model of acoustics). Typically, a driver disk comes with a set of equipment. After installing them, the system can be connected to the corresponding PC connectors. A window with the control settings for the equipment will open on the desktop. Of course, the features of connecting different stereo systems depend on their belonging to a particular brand and other nuances.
On how to choose home acoustics, see further.