Repairing a bathroom, many owners are faced with the choice - to install an ordinary bathroom or shower. As a rule, small premises do not allow placing both options, which is why one of them has to be abandoned. However, this problem can be solved by buying a shower cabin combined with a bathtub. Today we will consider all possible models of such products, as well as their characteristics.
Shower cabins combined with a bathtub are very popular today because they allow saving square meters in a room. Owners of small-sized bathtubs often turn to such models, in which it is simply not possible to place a separate shower cabin, and a bathtub.
Of course, this does not mean that such products cannot be placed in spacious bathrooms. They can be safely called universal, as they can be placed on almost any area.
The main feature of showers and baths is the ease of use. Many consumers who bought such models were satisfied with them.
The range of shower boxes today cannot but rejoice. You can choose the perfect option for any room and interior style.
Currently, ultramodern shower boxes are available, equipped with additional options. This can be a beautiful backlight, and retractable taps, and even music players built into the cab. Of course, such products are not cheap and not many get them.
Modern shower boxes look especially organically in modern environments. For a classic bathroom, such products are hardly suitable.
The combination shower is also distinguished by the fact that it has a full bath, and not a low pan. Thanks to its design, washing in such a font is much more convenient, and excess water does not splash onto the floor.
Advantages and disadvantages
Shower boxes 2 in 1 are popular and popular models, as they can be installed not only in a spacious, but also in a compact room. In addition, the choice of consumers is influenced by many positive qualities characteristic of such products.
Let's consider them in more detail:
- The main advantage of combined sanitary ware is that it is produced with a wide variety of overall parameters. So, for very modest bathrooms, manufacturers produce small cabs with dimensions of 800x800 mm.
- Trays present in showers are made of various materials (acrylic, plastic). However, they are united by a non-slip surface, so it is safe to wash in such conditions.
- Modern showers, produced in conjunction with bathtubs, are often equipped with additional functional elements. It can be a built-in radio, hydromassage or aromatherapy.
- Structures with roofs retain steam in the inner part emanating from hot water, therefore, in such cabins it will always be warm during washing. Simple baths cannot boast of such properties.
- A shower cabin with a high tray is a great solution if a small child lives in the house. In this model, he will be able to play enough and swim, without spilling water around the plumbing.
- In a large tray, you can wash things that did not fit in the washing machine due to the impressive volume.
- With the help of a shower cabin combined with a bath, a modest space can be visually increased.
This effect can be achieved thanks to textured or matte doors.
- As a rule, in shower enclosures there are doors supplemented with special antibacterial coatings. Various bacteria do not breed on such surfaces, so mold does not appear.
- The advantages of such products include their chic assortment. Each consumer will be able to find the perfect option for himself, which will be both convenient and beautiful.
As you can see, there are plenty of pluses for shower boxes. Thanks to a considerable list of advantages, many consumers choose such models, especially since the cost of these products can be quite affordable.
However, despite such a "positive" shower, combined with a bath, they have their own weaknesses.
- Such products are not very convenient to care for. After each wash, you will have to wipe the walls of the cab and curtains. Otherwise, lime and salt begin to accumulate on these surfaces, forming an ugly coating.
- Such designs can be found at different prices, however, as a rule, they are more expensive than separate showers and bathtubs. The most expensive are products with additional functions and options.
- Repair of a shower box cannot be called simple and affordable. If the mixer breaks down or one of the functional additions, then fixing them will cost you dearly.
- According to experts, the installation of such models must be done in accordance with all the rules and regulations. Better hire professionals for this.
- Such models cannot be called economical. As a rule, about 170-200 liters of water are consumed in the process of taking a bath. To fill a regular font, you will need another 25-50 liters for rinsing. When taking a shower, water consumption is significantly reduced.
Many buyers are confident that shower enclosures are large and bulky models that occupy almost the entire area of already compact bathrooms. This is actually not the case. Of course, such products are quite large, but there are also small specimens.
Today in stores you can find shower boxes with the following exchange characteristics:
- 80x80 cm;
- 90x90 cm;
- 120x120 cm;
- 120x70 cm;
- 120x80 cm;
- 135x75 cm;
- 150x70 cm;
- 150x80 cm;
- 170x70 cm;
- 170x75 cm;
- 170x80 cm;
- 170x90 cm.
Non-standard showers with bathtubs are also found in stores. They can have other dimensions (for example, 80x210x135 cm).
Anyway, before buying such products, you must carefully measure the bathroom so as not to make a mistake with the choice.
Combined showers are different. This suggests that you can choose the best model for any bathroom layout. Let us consider in more detail what options for combining two functional elements exist today.
Modern hydroboxes for showering are in great demand today. Such products have many functions and have a closed structure. At the bottom of the hydrobox there is a full bath in which the user can easily sit in full growth. As for the side walls, they are made of special glass, and the back is equipped with a dense functional panel.
According to customers, such models of shower boxes are as convenient and practical as possible. Combined hydroboxes have many advantages for which many consumers choose them. These models allow you to freely use any opportunities that are required for any kind of swimming.
However, combined hydroboxes have their drawbacks.
- It is worth noting the high cost of such products. Not the most affordable price due to the many options present in the hydroboxes.
- These models take up a lot of space in the room. They will have to “clear” a considerable free area, so for a very small bathroom they will not work.
- It should be borne in mind that the installation of hydroboxes is not the easiest job. Often, for their installation, you have to completely remodel and repair the room.
However, if the owners have sufficient living space and are willing to pay large sums for such plumbing, then you should not refuse the hydrobox - it is very convenient and looks presentable.
Modern hydroboxes are equipped with many different options:
- steam generator;
- a device for flavoring the interior;
- various technical additions: telephone, radio, music player.
With metal frame and curtains-screens
If you are not ready to pay for an expensive body box, then you should pay attention to the bathtub, which comes with additional components for assembling glass curtain screens.
In order to assemble a shower cabin from such a model, you need to prepare special grooves in which the metal parts of the frame will then be installed.
After a high-quality and reliable fixation, glass panels are attached to them, which serve as the enclosure of the shower enclosure.
This combined model of plumbing has a number of positive qualities.
- The metal and glass enclosure is very durable and reliable. This characteristic is especially important, because with heavy use, simple plastic curtains begin to stagger. Over time, this can lead to their disconnection from the bearing profiles. With frame structures, such problems do not arise.
- With this structure, the bathtub and shower are combined as attractively and accurately as possible. If you purchase such models in one set, then their design will be truly spectacular and thoughtful.
- Such options for combined plumbing can be selected for a room of absolutely any size. In addition, they can have various forms, so the non-standard layout of the room will not become an obstacle.
The design of such products is distinguished by discreet attractiveness and conciseness. Combined structures with metal frames can have curved and curly lines. Thanks to the wide selection of such products, you can choose the best one for the bathroom, made in any stylistic direction.
In such constructions, glass curtains can cover the bath fully or only partially. The latest options look especially interesting and fresh. In addition, such models are the best solution if you do not want to completely "close" from the surrounding space.
With restrictive curtains
A design equipped with restrictive curtains made of plastic or glass is the cheapest combination option combining both a bath and a shower.
In such models, the shower area is arranged above the bathtub by mounting plastic or glass curtains on profile fasteners. As a rule, curtains are sold separately from the bath itself. They can be installed over plumbing of any shape and size. The only exceptions are baths, which have a non-standard curved structure.
Profile fasteners, as a rule, are installed on wall and ceiling floors in the room, as well as on the edge of the side of the bath itself. The reliability and strength of these parts largely depends on the manufacturer. Experts do not recommend looking for components that are too cheap, as they will quickly fail.
As a rule, rubber gaskets are included with the profile.
They are necessary so that water does not penetrate into the junction of the structure with the ceiling and wall. By purchasing such devices, you should pay attention to the quality of the necessary fittings, which will participate in the process of opening / closing curtains. In this case, it is possible to install both swing and sliding options.
The cost of such structures directly depends on the material from which the curtains are made. Glass parts are more expensive and plastic ones are cheaper. Glass doors are usually coated with a special water-repellent film that protects the substrate from mold, mildew and plaque.
As for the advantages of plastic blinds, they can be attributed to low cost. However, over time, these details lose their original appearance and become covered with plaque. Plastic blinds will have to be cleaned regularly to keep them aesthetic longer.
The combined shower with bathtub is a multifunctional device that does not take up too much space. However, in order for the box to fit well into the bathroom, it is necessary to choose its correct configuration.
Oval and asymmetric products will look organically in spacious rooms. Cabins for which characteristic asymmetry are most often chosen by creative people who prefer non-standard design solutions.
Classic models of rectangular and square shapes are more familiar and simple. They can contain both swinging and sliding curtains (depending on the type of combination of bath and shower). Such models are available both quite large and compact. It will turn out to select an angular shower box for the room of any area.
Also, corner cabins are very popular. However, it should be borne in mind that more often they have large dimensions. You can put such a model only in the corner of the room.
Earlier we said that shower boxes are often equipped with additional functionality.
Let us consider in more detail what else such products can be supplied with.
- There are models in which there is an automatic change in water temperature. This option is needed to take a contrast shower.
- Many shower boxes have a “rain shower” function.
According to users, such water procedures are very calming, and they should be used before bedtime.
- The Turkish bath is complemented by open cabins in which there is no roof. The temperature inside such models can reach 61 degrees under the condition of 100% humidity. Shower boxes with this option are chosen by most bath lovers.
- A popular option is aromatherapy. In such cabins there is a special container in which aromatic oils are poured, which are useful for the body. Most often, cabins in which there is a “tropical shower” mode and / or Turkish bath are complemented by such a function.
- No less demanded are showers with ventilation function. This option is necessary for the distribution of steam and aroma oils throughout the interior of the cabin.
- Vertical hydromassage is more effective than horizontal, which is used in conventional bathrooms. Cabs with this option are the most popular.
- Many models are complemented by backlight. It can be installed not only in the upper part. In addition, it is multicolor. In such conditions, it is possible to carry out chromotherapy sessions.
- Shower boxes are often equipped with mirrors, however, the choice of such models is a matter of taste. In stores you can find models in which mirror inserts are not susceptible to fogging.
- The simplest and most common additions to shower enclosures are soap, gel and shampoo dispensers, as well as shelves for personal care products, handrails and holders.
In choosing a suitable model with shower and bath, its color also plays an important role. According to the designers, lighter models of white, beige, cream and light blue shades will look organically in almost any environment. Moreover, with the help of such a shower box you can visually expand the space.
You should be careful with darker plumbing - it may look too gloomy and hard, especially when it comes to a small bathroom. However, in a spacious room, such a model will look very good.
Today in stores you can find many variations of shower boxes. A consumer with any budget can find a suitable model. The main thing is to select devices from well-known manufacturers - such products will serve for many years without causing any inconvenience.
There are a lot of companies that produce shower boxes combined with bathrooms.
It is worth getting to know better the most popular and successful ones.
Teuco is a true benchmark for the unsurpassed quality of Italian sanitary ware. This large company was founded in 1972. During its existence, Teuco has won the love of millions of customers, because the products of this brand are distinguished by functionality, durability and thoughtful design.
It was Teuco that was the first company to offer acrylic bathtubs with hydromassage to a choice of customers. Currently, the assortment of this manufacturer pleases with its diversity. It is worth noting that Teuco bathtubs, showers and boxes have a thoughtful design that can transform a room and make it truly stylish.
The products of this manufacturer are constantly updated with new models equipped with various functions. Teuco shower enclosures are made rectangular and angular.
Most reviews about the bathrooms and showers of this company are positive. Many buyers have noted their elegant design, durability and silent operation. As for the shortcomings, people attributed to them the high cost of Teuco products and their “love” for cleaner water.
Appollo is another popular manufacturer that is a leader in the Chinese plumbing market. This company has been around for over 12 years. Its products are in great demand, as it is of good quality. Appollo bathtubs, showers and shower boxes comply with European standards and have all the necessary certificates.
The assortment of this Chinese brand is replete with models of shower boxes of various shapes and colors. Each customer can choose the right product. Appollo products are popular not only in China, but also in the USA, Europe, Russia, Ukraine and Australia.
Consumers note the convenience, versatility and beautiful design of branded shower enclosures made in China. In addition, many were pleased with the fact that Appollo products can be matched to any wallet. Consumers did not notice serious shortcomings. They were not happy with just the fact that Appollo cabs needed too frequent care.
Luxus is a well-known Czech company founded in 1994 in the city of Borno. This manufacturer specializes in the development of hydromassage systems with unrivaled quality.
Luxus showers and cabinets are popular for their robustness, stiffness and stability.
The products of this brand are made exclusively from environmentally friendly and safe materials. Luxus assortment includes not only high-quality shower boxes, but also simple sitting cabins with deep and small pallets.
Most consumers were delighted with the products of the Czech brand. They note the spectacular design of Luxus shower boxes, the ease of use, the thoughtfulness of additional options and a rich assortment. As for dissatisfied reviews, as a rule, they are aimed at poor waterproofing of cabins. Many buyers noticed that the seams of the models begin to leak after a certain time.
There are consumers who have stumbled upon factory defects. In addition to poor waterproofing, some people noticed the unreliability of hydromassage supplements and the fragility of the cabins in general. It is difficult to say how objective these claims are, because very often people admit that they installed the boxes incorrectly, which caused a lot of problems.
How to choose?
Choosing a suitable shower cabin with a bath is not so simple - the range of these models is very rich.
To make the task a little easier, experts recommend paying attention to some characteristics.
- The size. The dimensions of shower cabins combined with the bathroom are very different. To find the right model, you need to measure the room. Keep in mind that closed boxes are more bulky than open ones.
- Equipment. Shower boxes differ not only in design and size, but also in their configurations. The cheapest are simple models without additional elements. If you are willing to pay more, then you can search for popular options with hydromassage, Turkish bath and other useful options.
- Color. Multifunctional models with bath and shower are available in different colors. Universal are light specimens. Dark boxes are only suitable for spacious rooms.
- Manufacturer. Order and buy shower boxes only from reputable manufacturers.
Thus, you protect yourself from buying a low-quality and short-lived model, which will bring you only disappointment and unnecessary expenses.
Tips & Tricks
Shower boxing is a great choice for a bathroom. However, not many consumers decide to purchase such a model, as they are accustomed to the standard separate bathrooms and showers.
If you decide to buy such a device, then you should consider some tips and recommendations of specialists.
- Do not install such products in the room yourself. This can lead to many problems in the future. Better entrust this work to professionals.
- If you want to visually make the bathroom more spacious, then you should choose a cabin with glass transparent curtains. However, keep in mind that they will have to be constantly looked after.
- Wipe the glass after each use of the cab. If you neglect this, then a coating will quickly appear on the material, getting rid of which will not be as easy as it might seem.
- Leave spaces from the booth to other plumbing and indoor furniture. The distance should be at least 15 cm.
- Never slam doors (swing and sliding). This can damage the curtains themselves or the guides on which they move.
- The main function of shower boxes is considered to be hydromassage. It happens underwater and shower. The walls of the cab itself must be isolated from electrical appliances in the room.
- For a small room, it is recommended to select showers with an open bath. Such models will not only look beautiful in a limited space, but will cost much cheaper than other options.
See below for more details.