The best TVs with a diagonal of 50 inches are the best option for a living room or bedroom, reception, bar or restaurant. The large screen with high resolution provides brightness and clarity of the image, significantly improves color reproduction, makes it possible to watch programs and movies in stereo. A review of the best budget televisions and a rating of top models with a diagonal of 50 inches will help each consumer to find their own option and not make a mistake in choosing.
Top 10 best quality models
A review of the best TVs with a diagonal of 50 inches implies consideration only of models with a resolution of UHD or 4K. It is they who today determine the look of the TV of the future, and many operators are already launching channel packages with ultra-high definition images. The top 10 include models of famous brands.
- Samsung UE50NU7470U. A model with honest 4K resolution and excellent color reproduction. This is a TV for a true movie fan or a game lover - a frame rate of 100 Hz is enough for the most dynamic scenes. The model has a wide viewing angle, there are stereo speakers, the black color is transmitted purely thanks to the local dimming system.
- Samsung UE50RU7100U. One of the best TVs in its class. It features an ultra-sharp image, support for 4K format, a frame refresh with a frequency of 100 Hz, which allows you to play the console or watch dynamic football matches without restrictions. The screen brightness is above average - 400 cd / m2, 20 W speakers are responsible for stereo sound. The TV has a confident Wi-Fi signal reception, a wide overview, there are no highlights in the corners.
- Philips 50PUS6704 . UHD-TV with support for HDR, LED-matrix, Smart TV based on Android. This is a great choice for watching movies and other media content, terrestrial television. A small frame refresh rate of 50 Hz is compensated by the abundance of available services. A separate advantage can be considered Ambilight-backlight, the TV has good color rendering.
- LG 50UM7300 . TV with a TFT VA-matrix and Direct LED backlight, equipped with LG ThinQ AI - artificial intelligence that supports conversation, giving recommendations by voice. Included Smart TV, implemented on the webOS platform, 2 speakers of 10 watts for stereo sound. The minimum frame refresh rate is 50 Hz.
The disadvantages include insufficiently stable connection to branded services, poor ergonomics - the ports and legs are inconveniently located, there is no output for headphones and external acoustics.
- Philips 50PU6503. Another product of the world famous Dutch brand. In addition to 4K and high definition images, this model also has a matrix with excellent color reproduction, and a built-in program to improve the smoothness of frame changes. The manufacturer also did not save on the built-in speakers - it's hard to find fault with the volume and clarity of sound. The disadvantages include the presence of advertising in the menu and noticeable inhibition of the picture on the games.
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4C 50. Inexpensive and stylish TV based on Smart TV. Everything is in order with 4K, HDR, there is Wi-Fi with a frequency of 5 GHz. This model regularly receives positive reviews for realistic color reproduction and high image clarity. Of the minuses - not fully Russified menu.
- Thomson 50UD6406. This is a full-fledged Smart TV with support for 4K, HDR, LED LED-backlight. A screen refresh rate of 50 Hz is enough to watch TV shows and movies, but in games the delay will already be noticeable. The model works on the basis of Android TV, Google services are integrated into it, there is a search and a voice assistant.
This is a reliable TV, fully consistent with its price category.
- BBK 50LEX-8156 / UTS2C. Medium-priced TV from a reputable manufacturer. The model supports the standard 4K, equipped with LED-matrix, stereo speakers. A viewing angle of 178 degrees makes it possible to comfortably sit in front of the screen. The frame rate is small - only 50 Hz, in brightness the TV also loses to the flagships, but here there is a Smart TV based on Android and all the necessary slots and ports for connecting external devices.
- Hyundai H-LED50U601BS2S. A modern model that is not inferior to more upscale brothers. Like other rating leaders, this TV supports 4K resolution, equipped with Wi-Fi, Android TV. The index of the image refresh rate is above average - 60 Hz, there are many ports, stereo speakers, installation of applications from external media is supported.
Of the additional advantages, we can note the excellent build quality without backlashes and gaps.
- JVC LT-50M780. A model that can be attributed to the average price category. The complete set of the necessary interfaces, Smart TV based on Android, includes 4K resolution, recording to flash drives, pause for analogue television signal.
Popular budget TVs
The rating of inexpensive 50-inch televisions is also noteworthy. Many models got here because of the year of release - modern devices lose price one year after entering the market. It is worth considering the best deals in more detail.
This TV can hardly be called very cheap, but it deserves attention and deserves to top the rating of low-cost models. The only design miscalculation of developers is due to the fact that its support pillars are too far away and do not provide a stable position for the television in space. The model supports 4K resolution, frame rate reaches 50 Hz. Smart TV allows the installation of additional software, as well as free access to the network.
The 2018 model with Full HD resolution, Smart TV, Wi-Fi support can safely claim the 2nd place in the rating. This is a reliable modern TV with all the necessary functions. The set includes a convenient, stable stand, an integrated module for receiving terrestrial television. The model uses Direct LED backlight.
The owner of an honorable 3rd place among low-cost televisions with a diagonal of 50 inches. The TV is made using Ultra slim technology, allowing you to bring its external data to the flagship. Despite the claimed Ultra HD, the model when playing 4K content demonstrates the separation of the image into pixels, but this does not spoil the overall impression. The set includes the Android TV operating system that supports all the necessary Smart-functions, there is a Wi-Fi module.
It is worth considering that to the diagonal of 50 inches it is customary to include models whose real screen size is limited to 49 inches. This somewhat expands the range of choice, including in different price categories. However, in addition to cost, it is recommended to evaluate the TV, taking into account a number of important criteria.
- Place of installation. For the living room, a 49-inch model without smart functions is suitable. To watch videos or games in the console, use in the bedroom it is better to purchase Smart TV 50 inches with a thin frame. For Full HD-technology, a minimum distance of 2 m is established between the screen and the sofa or chair.
- Resolution. Since the HD format on TVs with a diagonal of 50 inches is almost never found, you have to choose between Full HD and Ultra HD. The first option is universal, suitable for watching on-air TV channels, films, games. UHD-models are designed for moviegoers, provide maximum realism and clarity of the picture, suitable for playing content in 4K-format.
- Screen manufacturing technology. Liquid crystal LED panels are equipped with matrices illuminated by LEDs. OLED is fundamentally different from it in the organic origin of the components. In addition, each LED here is independent of each other, the design itself is very thin. By the depth of black color, the screens of this technology have no equal.
- Image refresh rate. In low-cost models, it rarely exceeds 50 Hz; when broadcasting movies saturated with frame-change, braking will be noticeable. For games on the console, as well as watching sports programs, you need a TV with an indicator of 100 Hz.
- Flat or curved. With a diagonal of 50 inches, the effect of presence using a concave screen, indeed, is felt very realistically. But is it worth it to overpay for this design sophistication - it is up to the buyer to decide.
- Availability of Smart TV function. Televisions with Internet access are an excellent solution for those who want to have access to all multimedia features and modern technologies. Free viewing of content on video hosting sites, in online cinemas, web searches, voice assistant, real-time games are only a small part of what is available to owners of such devices. Buying a regular TV with connecting external drives is only worth it if Smart-functions are really not needed.
- The number of inputs and ports. A large TV should have at least 2 HDMI-, USB-slots, as well as all kinds of additional modules, including for wireless connection. The more ways to integrate technology, the better.
All these factors affect the quality of sound and image playback, viewing comfort. If you cannot achieve an exact match with the desired parameters, you can choose the option that is as close as possible to the ideal.
An overview of the best televisions with a diagonal of 49 and 50 inches, see below.