Today, not everyone can boast large and spacious housing. As a rule, in the arrangement of furniture you have to take into account many nuances so that each square meter is used as productively as possible. For small rooms it can be difficult to choose a harmonious and comfortable bed, which would not make the room too crowded. A great alternative to bulky interior items can be a multifunctional model with a lifting mechanism.
Advantages and disadvantages
Comfortable beds with reliable lifting mechanisms in many ways surpass the standard models we are used to. As a rule, such instances have an interesting and beautiful design. That is why with the help of a properly selected bed, you can refresh the interior of the bedroom and make it more modern. It is worth noting that such interior items can be installed in almost any room, whether it is a room in a city apartment or a cozy room in a wooden country house.
Beds with lifting structures are most often complemented by large and roomy storage systems. You can place a variety of things in them: from bedding and pillows to large items for which you could not allocate space in a closet or on a shelf. Modern buyers have a good choice of beds with such interesting mechanisms. Do not think that such furniture has a high price. In fact, you can choose a high-quality and practical model for almost any wallet. Today, many furniture factories produce lifting beds made of a wide variety of materials and complemented by various designs.
The main advantage of such furniture is its undemanding nature in a spacious area. These beds will fit perfectly into the interiors of small rooms, allowing you to significantly save on the already small free space. As a rule, such practical furniture is equipped with a reliable and durable design. Many consumers note the strength of these beds and their excellent performance.
However, if you are determined to buy such bedroom furniture, then you should familiarize yourself with some of its shortcomings. Choosing the right mattress for such a bed will be difficult. In such furniture, the rise can only be vertical, which does not suit many consumers, especially if the berth is supplemented by a large and heavy mattress. If you bought a bed with a spring mechanism, then you should consider that it is not designed for heavy loads.
Therefore, for such a bed in no case should you buy a large mattress that has a lot of weight.
There are many bed options with a lifting mechanism. Consider them in detail:
- In modern and fashionable interiors, lifting beds without a headboard organically look. Such models are most often placed against the background of accent walls, so that the ensemble is more harmonious and complete. Very interesting and attractive look low models without a headboard, complemented by a backlight at the bottom. However, it is worth taking into account the fact that such interior items will not fit into too strict and classic settings.
- The compact size has a folding sofa bed. Such models are ideal for placement in a small room. Such furniture looks especially organically in the youth bedroom. This could be a teenager or small child’s room. A soft and folding sofa bed does not take up much space, so the student’s desk, as well as shelves for books and notebooks, can be placed in the bedroom.
- If you want to create a creative and non-trivial interior in your bedroom, then you should look at the unique soaring beds with lifting mechanisms. The frames of such products are closely attached to one of the walls in the bedroom at a certain distance from the floor, creating an amazing illusion of a "flying" berth. However, storage systems cannot be placed under such a bed. The installation of such a model is recommended to be entrusted to specialists, since it is quite problematic to do it yourself.
- Comfortable folding beds differ in shape . Of course, the most popular and widespread are rightfully recognized traditional rectangular specimens. The trend of recent years is also more original - round beds. They can also be supplemented with a high-quality orthopedic mattress and have a semicircular back. One of the most spectacular are round models, decorated with an elegant carriage screed.
Such home furnishings are ways to transform the decor of the bedroom and make it more aristocratic:
- Today, many factories produce models with a lifting mechanism on legs. These parts can be made from different raw materials, and also have different heights and shapes. Such bedroom furniture looks very easy and attractive.
- Some models have not only vertical, but also horizontal and transverse mechanisms. Such instances have a different structure and construction, but are also ideal for placement in a small room.
- Especially popular today are options equipped with several built-in linen drawers at the bottom. Such interior elements are ways not only to save free space in the bedroom, but also to abandon unnecessary bulky wardrobes and cabinets.
Beautiful and practical folding beds look harmonious in the interiors of various styles:
- For example, in a comfortable bedroom made in the Provence style , transforming furniture with a high-quality frame made of natural wood will look great. This model should be complemented with delicate bedding and pillows in pastel or neutral colors. Fabrics decorated with small prints of floral or rustic themes will also look attractive.
- For a simple interior in a classic style, the most successful option would be a large bed made of natural wood, both light and dark shades. It can be supplemented with wooden bedside tables. Carved or forged elements will look harmoniously on such furniture.
- For a sleek minimalist ensemble, a simple bed of neutral colors, unburdened with decorative ornaments, rhinestones, carnations or carved inserts, is ideal . It is better to choose an option that differs in the correct geometric shapes.
- In more modern ensembles, “floating” models or versions made of metal and wood in contrasting tones will organically fit in . They should be supplemented with metal lights and wall decoration in neutral shades. Such interior solutions will look very stylish and futuristic.
Base lifting mechanisms
Let us consider in more detail what mechanisms interesting folding beds are equipped with:
- Manual. In such designs there are no auxiliary parts. Lifting a berth is done exclusively by human efforts. Beds with such systems are the cheapest and most reliable. However, in such models, access to the linen box will be blocked by a mattress.
- Spring loaded . Spring instances are versatile and affordable. In them, the lifting mechanism is based on the use of special coil springs. It is worth noting that over time, such systems become unusable due to their inevitable wear.
- Gas. One of the most functional and durable are models in which there are gas elevators (shock absorbers). Even a teenager can cope with such a bed, since you do not need to put too much effort into laying it out. Often beds with such systems are equipped with counterweights that do not touch the support.
- Side . Side hoists in bedroom furniture are very comfortable. They provide access to linen drawers under the bed. As a rule, such mechanisms can be rearranged on the right or left side, depending on the personal preferences of the owners.
- Electric. Most often, this multifunctional wardrobe bed is equipped with this complex lifting mechanism. Such systems, first of all, are necessary for raising a sleeping bed in a niche of a cabinet in a vertical plane. All actions in such furniture are carried out using an electric drive.
- A lifting mechanism is also required for the sofa bed. It can be a popular dolphin or accordion model with a retractable berth.
The size of a single bed with a lifting mechanism can be 100x200 cm. One and a half bed most often has the following dimensions: 120x200 and 140x200 cm. Most often there are spacious 2-sleeping beds with dimensions 160x195, 200x200, 160x200 cm, as well as 1800x2000 mm.
Also lifting beds can have different heights:
- high - 89-100 cm;
- medium - 50-60 cm;
- low - 20-45 cm.
Non-standard models of beds are usually made to order. Today, many furniture factories offer similar services.
One of the highest quality and most environmentally friendly are wooden frames. Such models are expensive, but do not harm health and have a long service life. Most often, inexpensive options from pine and birch and more expensive specimens from natural hard oak, beech, hevea and durable tropical wenge are found.
Affordable cost are different options that have frames made of materials such as MDF or chipboard. Such raw materials are based on wood waste, bonded to each other with formaldehyde resins. The latter are very harmful to human health, especially at high temperatures. Furniture made from such materials may, under certain conditions, emit hazardous substances. In terms of external characteristics, MDF and chipboard are not much inferior to natural wood species.
Forged models have an original and elegant design. Such products may have patterned headboards. With the help of such interesting furniture, you can create a very elegant and non-trivial image of a bedroom.
An important role in the selection of bedroom furniture is upholstery. The most popular are leather options. They differ in strength and durability, but are expensive. Beds with leatherette or eco-leather upholstery have a lower price. Despite the artificial origin, these materials look beautiful, but are less wear-resistant and durable than genuine leather. The most affordable and common are beds with quality fabrics. It can be either monophonic or complemented by beautiful and contrasting photo printing.
Comfortable lifting bedroom furniture can have different colors. Beige and white pieces will look spectacular and attractive in the interior of the bedroom. Such furniture can refresh the atmosphere of the room and make it brighter. Gloss is especially attractive on the surface of such beds.
Expensive and aristocratic design boasts dark beds. It can be luxurious black, dark gray, dark brown or a model of luxurious natural shade of wenge. The bold models of wood in burgundy or dark red have a unique design. Such models are most often chosen by passionate and sensual natures. Furniture of this color looks impressive in many ensembles: from classic to gothic.
Successfully in the bedroom will look brown furniture. This classic color is in harmony with a wide variety of palettes, so a bed in this version will look spectacular with many ensembles.
Lifting beds are often complemented by various components. It can be:
- beautiful sheets in a suitable color;
- soft ottomans of different sizes;
- bedside tables, designed in the same style as a berth;
- luxurious canopies;
- pillows appropriate style.
How to choose the right one?
High-quality and reliable beds should be equipped with strong and durable mechanisms. To date, the models with gas shock absorbers can boast the longest life. They are able to withstand heavy loads (80-100 kg), which plays an important role when lifting the base in a vertical position.
Choose products with the strongest frames. A large weight can easily support a base made of natural hardwood. Such options are especially relevant if you intend to supplement the bed with a special orthopedic mattress, which has a lot of weight.
The most comfortable are specimens with orthopedic effect. In such beds, an even distribution of the loads on the mattress is provided. They also have a lattice structure that provides excellent ventilation. It is recommended to choose beds in which there are high-quality and durable lamellas made of beech, alder or birch.
Rating of the best firms
Consider the most popular manufacturers:
- Excellent transformer beds with gas shock absorbers are produced by the German brand Hefele. For example, lifting models with a table and a berth of 1900x900 mm, made from chipboard Egger (Germany), are very popular.
- Also, high-quality models with a lifting mechanism are produced by the German factory Guter Möbel. Under the name of this brand, single and double beds with sofas and tables are produced. All furniture is offered in various color variations. The most popular are black, brown and cream tones.
- Today branded products from Italian manufacturers are insanely popular. So, the famous Bensen factory offers a choice of high-quality and stylish Art Nouveau lifting beds. In all cases, there are reliable and durable fasteners, fittings and durable frames. In the assortment of the Italian factory there are models with and without headboard and headboard.
- Beautiful and elegant beds are found in the catalogs of the brand Prama. Elegant models of furniture called Palazzo Ducale Pallato and Ciliegio with high carved headboards without foots are especially popular.
- For many years, Belarusian lifting beds made of solid wood and cheap chipboard have been in demand. For example, FantasticMebel manufactures products from chipboard, egger, Kronopol, etc. Bed bodies are processed in the manufacturing process with substances that protect them from the negative effects of moisture.
- Strong and durable models made of chipboard and solid wood are produced by the Belarusian brand Pinskdrev . For example, for the frame of a beautiful model “Hellas” with a leather headboard, bar blanks from solid beech, pine and birch wood are used.
Most consumers who bought lift beds were satisfied with their purchases. Such furniture was especially pleased for the owners of small-sized premises and fashionable studio apartments. Reliable and high quality are models with gas shock absorbers. However, there are cheaper spring beds. Such options do not last as long and fail over time, as the springs wear out in them. Many owners of such varieties of folding beds faced such a problem.
People could not help but note the excellent storage systems for lifting furniture. They note the spaciousness of the linen drawers built into the bed and their practicality.
Design solutions in the interior of the room
A folding bed made of soft brown wood will look harmoniously against the background of white walls, a white multi-level ceiling with lighting and a dark brown laminate. On the right and left side of the bed, cabinets with high glass sashes and shelves for various little things will find their place. Complete the bed with white linens.
A white leather lifting bed will look spectacular against black walls and dark brown laminate. Complete the interior with a white bedside table, a large black and white wall painting, a red fluffy carpet, a black leather armchair and white linen with black lines.
A dark brown bed will find its place against the backdrop of beige walls and a taupe floor. Complement the interior with light nightstands and a chest of drawers with dark edging, black and white wall paintings and chocolate bedding with golden patterns.
In the living-bedroom with gray and black walls, a folding red sofa bed in a milky wooden niche with drawers, shelves and a computer table will organically look. Finish the ensemble with a red carpet, a dark coffee table and a black and white mural on the wall.
On how to properly assemble the bed with a lifting mechanism, see further.