When connecting gadgets to a TV, new possibilities open up for the user. Among a wide variety of digital electronics, products of the well-known American brand Apple are in great demand. Experts thought out several practical ways to connect the iPad to a TV receiver. In this case, the large screen can be used to view videos and images. The output of presentations and other files is also provided.
How to connect via HDMI?
You can connect your iPad to your TV via the HDMI port. This is the most practical, convenient and popular way that most users use. This connector is available only on modern television receivers.
Data transmission through this port maintains high definition and saturation of the image. To connect, you need a cable that can be bought at any electronics store. Experts do not recommend saving on it, because the quality of the image and sound will depend on this.
Using this method, the user can duplicate the screen of the tablet, without installing additional software and complex settings. For convenience, Apple brand experts have thought of a special mirroring mode. They are equipped with iPad 2 models and other modern gadgets. In addition to the HDMI cable, you will also need a Digital AV Adapter for synchronization. This device is an adapter to a special connector (type Lightning or 30-pin, it all depends on the tablet model used).
If you decide to use a branded device, you will have to pay 2000 rubles for it. You can also order a cheap analogue, which will cost 100-200 rubles. In this case, the user can save money, but there is a risk of receiving a notification about the incompatibility of the used adapter. Also, Chinese adapters quickly fail. The synchronization process is as follows.
- The adapter connects to the tablet’s charging port.
- Next, an HDMI cable is used. On the one hand, it is inserted into the corresponding port on the TV, and on the other hand, into the adapter.
- After that you need to open the settings on the TV receiver and set the signal reception via the HDMI port. You can enter the necessary section by pressing the Source button on the remote control.
- IPad screen duplication occurs automatically if the settings were set correctly. If the image is disassembled with black stripes at the edges, set the display format to 16: 9.
The next practical way is to use Wi-Fi wireless internet. The main feature of this option is the lack of wires and other devices for pairing.
You can connect your tablet via Wi-Fi only to modern TVs that are equipped with special modules. Also, the TV must support AllShare or DLNA technology (this feature is provided for all modern models).
This method is used only for displaying video or images. You must download the program required for pairing to the iPad. The iMediaShare application, which is publicly available on the App Store and available for download to all users, is great. Pairing occurs as follows.
- The TV needs to be connected to the worldwide network using a Wi-Fi router.
- Next, you need to launch the iMediaShare application and select the file for broadcast on the big screen. In the list of available devices you need to select a TV and click on its name.
- Start pairing must be confirmed using the remote control.
- To display video online, you need the Flipps utility. It has a built-in Internet browser for broadcasting the contents of the web portal over the wireless Internet.
- During the first pairing, the device will remember the Wi-Fi connection point and then will use it automatically.
Via VGA and USB
You can use a USB cable to display an image or video file. This is a practical and reliable option that can be used by all users of Apple branded tablets, with the exception of iPad 2 owners. To connect the tablet to the TV, you need a standard USB cable. As a rule, it comes with a tablet. Otherwise, you can buy it at an affordable price.
To transfer an image or video file to the screen, on the one hand, the cable is connected to the TV (using the desired connector), and on the other, to the tablet. The iPad will notify the user with a special message, and after a few seconds, pairing will happen automatically.
In order for the picture to be output, in the TV settings you need to select the USB port as the signal source. Choosing this method, the tablet is used as a digital drive.
You can also connect an Apple device with a TV receiver via the VGA interface. Despite the fact that this pairing option supports the image mirroring function, it is impossible to transmit an audio signal through the tulips. Therefore, to transmit sound, you need to use a different channel. A practical solution is to connect wireless headphones. It is a compact and easy to use device. To work, you definitely need an adapter from VGA to USB. The synchronization process is as follows.
- "Tulips" need to be connected to the TV, focusing on the color of the ends of the cable and ports.
- On the other hand, the cable is connected to the VGA adapter.
- This design is mated to the tablet via the Lightning connector. It can also be a 30-pin port, depending on the iPad model.
- You can connect a charger to a free slot.
- To transmit a sound signal you will need external speakers or other acoustics. It is connected via MiniJack (3.5 millimeters).
This method is very rarely used to transfer a picture from a tablet to a TV screen. Due to the large number of cables, it is not very convenient and is not quite suitable for daily use. The only advantage of this option is the ability to pair the iPad with older TVs that do not have an HDMI connector.
Apple TV and AirPlay
When using AirPlay technology, you can connect a device from an American brand and a TV receiver with an Apple TV set-top box. This method allows you to duplicate the screen of a compact device at any convenient time. To start the screen mirroring function, the paired equipment must be connected to a single Wi-Fi wireless network.
If everything is done correctly, the device will notify the user about pairing. The “Screen Repeat” window will glow white, prompting you to start the mode. The main feature of signal transmission in this way is its high speed. You can broadcast any material without brakes and delays. This synchronization option is recommended for dynamic games.
It is worth noting that AirPlay technology only works with branded devices from the Apple brand and some Smart TV models. This is the technology of the following brands: Sony, Philips, Samsung and LG. These are popular manufacturers whose products are in high demand around the world. This feature must be taken into account when pairing.
Specialists are constantly improving the technology used. The new generation of Apple TV has the ability to transfer images in 4K format. To date, the cost of such a device with a built-in memory of 32 Gigabytes is about 12 thousand rubles.
The last option for pairing equipment occurs using the Google ChromeCast device.
This is a compact device, the popularity of which is gaining momentum. The gadget is connected to the TV via the HDMI connector. With its help, wireless content is transmitted, including online broadcasting. The device supports maximum expansion in a modern format of 1920x1080 pixels (Full HD).
Before using the gadget, you must complete the following steps.
- Connect the device to the TV through the appropriate port.
- The device is configured through the Google Home application.
- You need to add a new feature to your tablet’s browser. To do this, go to the additional applications section. It is located in the upper corner, on the right.
- After that, all content opened in the iPad browser can be transferred to the TV screen.
- The cost of ChromeCast is approximately 3000 rubles.
- If the TV does not see the device when you connect the tablet, the problem may be with the malfunction of the connectors. Over time, they oxidize and become unusable. In some cases, soldering is needed. Only a specialist with the necessary tools and skills can solve the malfunction.
- Periodically, you need to clean the ports of dust and small debris that gets into the device during operation.
- The cables used for pairing must be in good condition. They should not have creases or other defects. To prevent wires from spoiling during storage, they must be carefully folded and fixed.
- When using adapters and other optional devices, opt for original products. Branded gadgets work for a long time and harmoniously, while their cheap counterparts adversely affect the quality and speed of data transfer.
- When pairing the equipment, the cables and wires used must not be tensioned. In this case, they may be loose in the connectors.
- When choosing a wired or wireless connection method, consider the features of each of them. The first option is more convenient, and the second is more reliable.
Next, watch a video about the easiest way to connect your iPad to a TV.