Change house - by its definition, is an acquisition not “for centuries”, but temporary. Often such designs accompany global buildings. But, as the saying goes, there is nothing more permanent than temporary. And then a simple change house is already perceived not as a temporary refuge, but a real country house.
It’s good for those who decided at once that a change house is enough for him to give. You can dream of a full-fledged house, but not be interrupted by the disorder of a change house: it is interesting and useful to make a cozy country house out of it with your own hands.
What are the change houses?
The choice today is not so meager, you can find a housing option that can be modestly and succinctly arranged for temporary residence. You can not be limited to such a passage option, but purchase a change house, from which you will get a real country house. Yes, a small but large summer cottage is rather a wish than a strict condition for a suburban home.
Change houses are divided into the following options:
- intended for country housekeeping;
- residential, in which workers or the owner are temporarily located;
- as an office for a construction manager.
Finally, cabins are construction, cottages, and still allocate a group called block containers. Structurally, they can be shield, timber, frame. In appearance, not the most solid buildings, if properly finished, turn into cozy summer houses. They can be equipped with a mini-bathroom, zoned inside.
Not all containers are strictly metal, although the word itself is associated with this material. The walls and ceiling of modern change houses of this type are insulated and finished, and from all sides. Metal structures are used for construction, but wooden ones are easier to remake in a country house. Someone uses the wooden version as a hosblock, someone as a summer kitchen, but many live in them all the summer season.
It is easy to guess that wooden structures are warmer and weigh less than metal. Both outside and inside they are trimmed with wooden lining. The dimensions and dimensions of the windows are the same for both metal and wooden household structures.
Shelf life of the block container is 15 years.
Moreover, craftsmen even build modular houses from these structures, connecting them with each other, removing partitions. If you think over the project, connect specialists or just experienced people to the business, you can get a two-story structure with a terrace.
Special summer cottages can be wooden and metal. From the inside, they can be finished with classic wooden lining or fiberboard, which is cheaper. If we talk about the lining, then the change house decorated with it will be more suitable for living. If you purchase a ready-made summer cottage, then it will provide for a room, and even a toilet, shower, utility block.
There are different options for country cabins.
- Shield The cheapest houses, they are not designed for long-term operation, but they are often acquired by the owners as a temporary shelter while the main house is being built. For exterior decoration of such structures, a lining is usually used, fiberboard is sheathed from the inside of the wall. In the role of insulation - glass wool or polystyrene.
- Wireframe. More expensive than the previous version, but also stronger than it. A wooden beam is taken as the basis, which makes the structure stable. Interior and exterior finish vary according to the proposed options - from fiberboard and plywood to lining. The floor in the frame object is usually double, consists of two types of boards - draft and finishing. Insulation selected mineral wool.
- Lumber. The most expensive option of a country change house. The walls are traditionally not finished, but the doors, ceiling and partitions inside the room are lined with clapboard. The roof can be single-pitched and gable.
When you decide on the type and purchase your own change house, the ideas of its design will become relevant. Still, it is the arrangement, the thoughtful interior, decor, and not just the interior and exterior decoration that turn the “box” into a country house.
This stage is often left without deserved attention. It is not very expensive, not very complicated and useful before installing a change house. Preparation of the site for the cabins is as follows:
- removal of the entire fertile soil layer;
- removal of plant debris, roots and stones;
- leveling and ramming the site;
- embankments of a layer of crushed stone, ramming it;
- embankments of a layer of sand with subsequent tamping;
- the establishment of supports for the cabins.
These are obligatory actions, and they are needed in order to prevent the formation of a real swamp. In the fertile soil layer, plant and animal remains can rot, but this cannot be allowed. If the change house is already standing, and it is settled, it is extremely difficult to eliminate the products of decay.
Features of the internal arrangement
Experienced people can already tell, by the example of their successes and failures, what mistakes can be avoided when remaking a change house for a garden and a country house. But it is not necessary to experience the entire construction experience yourself, because you can use ready-made little tricks.
- If you increase the size of the windows, the issue of lighting will be resolved, in a bright room everything looks more solid. Sliding structures are also used in country houses, which simultaneously serve as a window and a door.
- If the cabins have a flat ceiling, there you can organize the second floor on the principle of a bunk bed. By the way, usually for a berth, it is organized.
- Saves space and the construction of beds on the dresser. The dresser itself can be made quite high and roomy. Built-in furniture is a frequent solution in a country house, because it must be as functional as possible.
- If you know that guests can come to you, and even with an overnight stay, you can attach fastenings for a hammock to the wall ahead of time. At the right moment, just get it and hang it. If the change house is spacious enough, then with a hammock, bright and colorful, you can simply decorate its interior.
- If you extend the width of the windowsill, you can get a miniature kitchen table. Make shelves and doors under it for kitchen cottage utensils.
- On the walls, beat narrow shelves for decor. Vases, books, ceramics, toys - anything that makes the space cute and cozy. Some things move from the city apartment to the cottage and find new life there.
- If you have a full kitchen or dining table, you can make a beautiful textile lampshade for the lamp above it. It will be very atmospheric and definitely suitable for country style.
- If you finish all the surfaces of the change house with one material, this will erase the boundaries between them - visually the room will look more spacious.
- Do not build bulky partitions in the cabins, if you can hang beautiful curtains. And the boho style, which impresses such a decision, is in fashion today.
But the best examples are visuals, photos and illustrations, which more eloquently show how other people were able to make a beautiful summer house out of an ordinary change house. And this country house is attractive not only outside but also inside.
If the example cannot be used in its entirety, then even some of the details in it can be "grabbed" as an idea that will take root in your country house.
10 interiors of change houses, which have become wonderful summer houses.
- The wood trim inside makes the house cozy and bright. This house provides one berth, but it is possible that there is a transformable surface or even a bed near a short wall. The hosts took care of the decor.
- In this case, the owners of a small country house equipped a bedroom in it, moreover, a spacious one. There are enough windows in the cabin to make the room lit by good natural light.
- A bed under the ceiling - it could be like that. On particularly hot days, the presence of stuffiness cannot be ruled out, but it is not at all necessary that this will be so. In any case, I would like to note the rational use of the area.
- Well-zoned, small, comfortable room. There are at least 2 beds. The kitchen looks quite spacious, and the dining table has been moved to the living area.
- Very small, but cozy, beautiful summer cottage for a small family. For those who have just acquired a plot, such a temporary refuge just right.
- A bright, cute house that cannot be scared off by its cramped spaces. In fact, it is very convenient: a place is provided for relaxation, lunch, work at the computer. And on the second floor - a berth.
- The staircase design also has its own charm. Instead of a “dialogue” zone on the second floor, if necessary, you can equip a bedroom or make a small study with a desk.
- A convenient option for families with children, especially with babies who are still sleeping during the day.
- Cozy Scandinavian interior in a small area. This house is insulated, so you can come to the country at the end of the season.
- White and dark wood blend perfectly in a small space. We cook and have lunch on the first floor, and relax on the second floor.
Each option is interesting in its own way.
It is necessary to take into account the initial footage and the desired layout, as well as the number of family members who will simultaneously be in the country.
The following video provides an overview of a country house made from a change house.