Candy washing machines are classified as fairly publicized. However, most consumers know little about this brand and the manufacturing country. To dispel doubts about the quality of household appliances, you should study this information.
Initially, this company was a small workshop founded by a native of Italy, Eden Fumagalli in 1945. Founded in the suburban area of Milan, the workshop quickly expanded and through the established production of washing machines turned into a large company. In the mid-50s of the last century, a technique that could not only wash clothes, but also rinse and wring it, was considered a masterpiece.
In the same year, the company opened the first foreign factory for the production of washing machines. Geographically, it was located in France. The next 30 years, the company continues to grow rapidly. At the same time, the strategy is changing a bit: now Candy is buying up factories producing household appliances located in Italy. A very big rise occurred in the 80s of the XX century. It was at this time that the company reliably settled in the markets of countries such as the United Kingdom, Austria and Portugal.
In the early 2000s, Candy continued its development. The production and sale of household appliances was started in developed countries, for example, in China. The company managed to enter the Russian market around the same time. Starting year is 2005. This year, Candy bought the Vyatka brand and began production of washing machines at one of the plants located in the Kirov region. In January 2019, the Candy brand was acquired by the Chinese company Haier.
Despite the fact that the birthplace of the brand is Italy, the assembly of washing machines is carried out in several other countries. In most cases, washing machines collect:
- in Russia;
- in China;
- insignificant part in European countries.
No matter where the washing machines are made, their quality remains at the proper level. They are produced in these countries, and sales are carried out almost all over the world.
Features of choice
Candy washing machines, like other household appliances, have their advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include the following points.
- Almost silent work. For those who have small children in their families, this item is important.
- Economic consumption of electricity and water. The company pays enough time to this issue. The latest developments give good results.
- Multifunctionality . This brand’s washing machines can not only wash clothes, but also pre-soak and dry them. Of course, the models are different from each other, but there are those that have more than 20 programs for different washing modes on the taskbar.
- Extensive lineup. It is noteworthy that every year the lineup is replenished with new models. They differ in the number of programs, the presence of additional options, appearance design, as well as cost.
Despite the apparent reliability and durability, there are also negative points. There are drawbacks that a potential consumer is better to familiarize themselves with before buying equipment.
- In washing machines manufactured under this brand, the lid often breaks.
- If sudden changes in voltage often occur in the room, this will have an extremely negative effect on the machine. Candy technique is sensitive even to minor leaps.
- A common problem is a malfunction in the electronic unit.
Choosing a Candy washing machine is recommended not only by appearance. Much attention should be paid to the technical side of the issue. So, the following technical parameters are most important.
- Type of download. Like in washing machines of other manufacturers, at Candy it is traditionally frontal and vertical. Here, first of all, you need to focus on the place where the equipment will be installed after purchase. If there is not a lot of space, then it is advisable to give preference to some model with a top (vertical) load. The hatch opens up, and the machine itself is much narrower. Front-loading models are more suitable for spacious rooms. Their advantage is the ability to be embedded in furniture.
- Maximum load of linen. In different models, this indicator varies from 3 to 10 kg. Accordingly, the more laundry you can wash at a time, the higher the cost of the machine. But you get a good saving on electricity.
- Type of management . It can be electronic or mechanical.
- Tank material. In different models, durable plastic or stainless steel can be used. As a rule, the latter option is relevant for more expensive models.
- Washing class . Classes A and B are considered high. Washing machines with these characteristics ensure the most efficient operation.
In addition, attention should be paid to the design, the presence of additional options (for example, delicate, hand wash), the presence of control systems. Given all these points, you can choose a high-quality and at the same time attractive model at a good price.
In Russia, most of the models sold are assembled in China or the Russian Federation. And only in certain stores can you find European-style washing machines.
Features of brand washing machines are given below.