The times when bar tables could be found only in a cafe, bar or club have long passed. Today, such interesting and attractive furniture is easily located in ordinary residential buildings and apartments. Such models have a lot of useful functions and qualities that make them insanely popular and in demand.
Bar tables are found today in many kitchen interiors. This beautiful and fashionable furniture is used not only for its main purpose, but also often performs the function of zoning space. Most often, such design solutions are addressed by the owners of studio apartments. With the help of a well-chosen bar table, you can neatly and organically divide the living room and kitchen area.
It is also worth noting that the bar table will allow the owners to significantly save free space in the room. Such furniture complete with correctly selected chairs, as a rule, takes up little space, which does not make it less spacious and roomy. At such a table even a large company can accommodate.
Bar tables have no significant drawbacks. It should be noted only that for some users such designs do not seem too comfortable, as they are complemented by high chairs.
As a rule, such decisions are not pleasant to people of advanced age or pregnant women, since it can be quite difficult for them to sit on such products.
There are several popular modifications of bar tables. Each individual model has its own distinctive characteristics, pluses and minuses. Let us consider in more detail the most popular options for such original tables:
- Classic. Such products have the simplest and most straightforward design. They are almost no different from standard dining tables. Most often, these models are narrow and wall-mounted. To them are selected special high chairs. Classic bar tables can be used both for friendly gatherings, and for family evenings;
- "Island". Today, comfortable and functional tables, which are called "islands", can be found in many homes. As a rule, they are used in more spacious rooms, since they have not the smallest dimensions. The “island” table is a special prefabricated structure that consists of several functional parts. In addition to the traditional worktops, in such systems a small sink and even a cooking panel are sometimes found;
- Transformer. Functional transforming tables are no less popular today. Such designs are an ideal solution for small rooms. There are several varieties of transformable bar tables: folding, folding or mobile systems on wheels. Both the folding model, turning into a large table, and the designer folding design will look great in small rooms, without taking up a lot of free space.
Modern bar tables are produced with a variety of heights and widths. This means that it will be possible to choose the optimal design for almost any layout and area.
Typically, such furniture is tall. Their standard height is about a meter. As for the width indicators of bar tables, there are no strict standards. Most often there are products whose width varies between 80-100 cm. For small spaces it is recommended to select narrow models. Larger and more spacious tables occupy a lot of free space in the room, which makes them not the most convenient to use.
The length of the table largely depends on which companies you most often meet in the evening. A long overall option, for example, will be the best solution for lovers of great friendly gatherings. But small neat tables are suitable for people who like to spend time in the company of a family.
Modern bar tables are available in various forms:
- The most popular are square-shaped models. Such designs are often located not only in the kitchen, but also in the living room. Square tables are considered the most practical, since many people can fit behind them. Rectangular options boast similar properties;
- If you are looking for more original copies, then you should look at the tables with a rounded countertop . They are very similar to traditional tables from cafeterias or bars.
The cost of the bar table is primarily affected by the material from which it is made. In the production of such interior items today, a variety of materials are used.
Wooden tables are one of the most popular and attractive. Such furniture lasts a very long time and does not cause any trouble during its operation. Most often, such designs are made of pine, oak, birch, alder or walnut. Slab tables look especially bright and attractive.
However, tables made of natural wood will require special care in the form of protective impregnations. Without them, the material may crack or dry.
If you are looking for a wooden table, but it seems too expensive, then you can get by with a more affordable model from MDF or chipboard. Similar designs are also durable and wear-resistant. However, they look pretty simple. Moreover, in the composition of the chipboard there are hazardous formaldehydes that are harmful to human health. You can protect yourself from their effects if you purchase a model from a class E-1 material or veneer table.
Metal bar tables are the most reliable, strong and durable. They look original and very difficult to damage. However, such designs, as a rule, have an impressive weight, which makes them not the most mobile.
Today, in many stores you can meet bar tables with a neat glass top. Such furniture looks very stylish and fresh. It is recommended to place it in high-tech or minimalism style interiors.
In the manufacture of such models, durable tempered glass is used, which is much more difficult to damage than ordinary brittle materials.
The most affordable, but no less attractive are the bar tables made of plastic. The main advantages of such products is that they last a very long time and can be painted in absolutely any color.
Plastic models also have their drawbacks:
- plastic is not the most environmentally friendly material. When buying such furniture, you need to ask the seller for a quality certificate for the goods, which should not include toxic compounds (in the composition);
- plastic furniture is very easy to damage or break;
- This inexpensive material should not be placed near heating systems or in direct sunlight. This can lead to deformation of the structure and the loss of its saturated color.
Truly unique design have stone tables. If the furniture is made of natural material, then it will last a very long time and will delight with a presentable appearance. The stone itself can easily withstand heavy loads and is not afraid of temperature changes. Moreover, it is very durable, it is very difficult to damage it.
However, it is worth noting that high-quality stone tables are very expensive. In addition, under such furniture in the interior, it is necessary to select the appropriate (not cheap) details to create an organic ensemble.
Modern manufacturers produce bar tables in a variety of colors. Designers recommend buying designs of calm and neutral tones. For example, it can be white, gray, brown or black. Such tables will look harmonious in almost all interiors.
With very bright and colorful models, you should be careful. Such tables will look organically only on a neutral background.
A convenient bar table can be selected for the interior of any style. For instance:
- Classic. In a classic ensemble, a model from a natural tree of valuable breed will look best. Such furnishings can also be used in a more elaborate baroque interior. It is advisable to buy more massive and solid designs with curved legs;
- Loft. In this popular "garage" style, a bar table made of natural or artificial stone will look great, as well as a wooden model with a rough aged surface;
- Minimalism. For a minimalist ensemble, a classic table is suitable, not burdened with decorative elements or carved details;
- High tech. In this modern direction, it is worth placing a fashionable metal, glass or plastic table in a classic color (white, black, gray). The presence of chrome parts in furniture is acceptable;
- Country. In rustic country style, it is recommended to place bar tables made of natural and slightly processed wood with rough surfaces.
Table and stand in one
One of the most functional and convenient to use are the transforming tables, combined with the rack. Such models can be large and stationary or represent a special design in which the folding stand extends or is folding.
Often in the lower part of such furniture there are convenient cabinets with drawers for kitchen utensils. Such models cost more than classic and stationary, but they are practical and useful in a kitchen or dining area.
What to choose?
When choosing a suitable table for the home, you must rely on the following simple recommendations:
- Pay attention to the quality of furniture. Supports, whatever they are (legs or wheels), should be as reliable and stable as possible. The table should not sway or wobble while on a flat surface. Pay attention to the underframe. If scratches or scuffs are visible on it, then it is better to refuse to buy such a table;
- You should also inspect the countertop. Its surface must be in perfect condition. Any defects and suspicious traces can make you think about the quality of the product;
- Decide on the design of the table. For example, a square or rectangular version can be used as a wall and save space in the room. If the area allows, then you can choose a more solid rounded design, which requires more unoccupied square meters;
- In choosing a suitable table, rely on the interior of the kitchen or living room. The bar model should ideally fit into the ensemble and resonate with it in color and style.
How to arrange?
The bar table is often located in the passageway. Such furniture is almost never placed in the central part of the room. Most often they are placed near the windowsill or pushed to the free wall.
If the room has large and wide window sills, then the table can be placed close to them, which will significantly increase the surface of the bar structure. Such furniture is usually placed against the wall, if the footage of the room is not too large.
Options in the interior
The laconic bar table in the shape of the letter "P" in black can be supplemented with chrome thin chairs with white seats and hang chrome elongated cables on the cables above this furniture. This kit will organically fit into an apartment with white wall trim, accent areas, wallpaper pasted under a brick and a light floor.
An unusual p-shaped model with an additional front glass top is complemented by transparent dark chairs on chrome supports. Put this kit in the kitchen with light and gray walls and black parquet.
In modern interiors, a backlit table will harmoniously look. It is better to supplement it with chairs on a metal support with leather seats.
About the features of choosing a bar table for the house, see the next video.