Today's audio products market meets the requirements of even the most fastidious customers. There are times when there is no desire or opportunity to replace your old musical equipment, but at the same time you want to improve the quality of its sound. In this case, the acquisition of a high-quality stereo amplifier can be an excellent solution.
They are acquired not only by professionals, but also by amateurs. Next, we will take a closer look at what features this kind of equipment has, what types and varieties are, and also consider the rating of the best and most profitable models for purchase.
Sound amplifiers are modern solutions to maximize the sound quality of the equipment. Sound amplifiers, regardless of brand, are high-quality audio devices that convert a weak electrical signal to a stronger one by increasing current.
The sound power amplifier can be purchased separately, for example, as an additional device to the speaker system, or the amplifier can already be an integrated component of the finished equipment.
When the amplifier is already built-in, it is called a hybrid.
Consider some other features that are inherent in all amplifiers, regardless of their model and manufacturer.
- Sound amplifiers purchased for home acoustics usually receive a signal from a connected device (for example, from a player), and then change its amplitude using direct current. At the same time, the sound wavelength, as a rule, remains unchanged.
- Any amplified sound signal passing through the amplifier device is transmitted to another device at the output (speakers), through which it is reproduced in a new, improved sound and quality.
- With the help of a modern high-sensitivity amplifier, you can get the perfect sound without any interference or distortion.
Today, in many chain stores you can buy stereo amplifiers from various domestic and foreign brands, they are produced in a wide variety, the main thing is that you can choose the necessary model not only by the necessary characteristics and appearance, but also on any budget.
A wide variety of speakers can have different characteristics, as well as applications. As a result of this, stereo amplifiers are divided into some types, types and classes. Let's consider them in more detail. The most extensive categories by which amplifiers are divided are Hi-Fi and Hi-end. Hi-Fi systems are usually associated with high quality of received sound, all equipment of this type meets international standards and quality criteria, it has a very wide range of amplitude-frequency characteristics and at the same time low distortion coefficient of sound.
Technique, including Hi-end segment amplifiers, is usually liked by real music lovers. The peculiarity of this technique is that its sound should not have differences from live sound. Such a technique may reveal sound in a completely different format. However, in terms of technical specifications and other particular features, the Hi-end device may be worse than Hi-Fi.
The choice here remains with the buyers. Both segments are good, as they have their advantages, disadvantages and features.
By functions performed
In terms of functions and power, stereo amplifiers are.
- Preliminary (are an intermediate link).
- Terminal (aimed at an exceptional increase in power).
- Integral (combine both preliminary and final varieties, while creating one single device).
By type of element base
According to the elementary base, stereo amplifiers can be as follows.
- On transistors (built on simple circuits).
- Tube ("warm" sound, minimum noise and high sound quality).
- Integrated (usually available with access to a subwoofer).
Choosing between these varieties, it is worth taking into account the different engineering approach to their creation and the quality of the sound itself. Today, it is integrated amplifiers that combine all the necessary characteristics that are most popular.
In addition, among a wide variety of models, network amplifiers are relevant, which have not only compact sizes, but also affordable prices. By the number of connected channels, amplifiers are single-channel, 2-channel and multi-channel. So, for example, a stereo amplifier can have two channels with the same output power. As for the areas of use, amplifiers are produced:
- for cars and other vehicles;
- for home stereo systems;
- for concert and professional studio equipment.
Stereo amplifiers also come with a variety of useful built-in features, such as Bluetooth, USB, and Wi-Fi. As for the classes of sound amplifiers, they are divided into such types.
- AB, A, B, C. Models of such classes are considered classic, high-quality and the most common. Amplifiers for home and professional use are available under these classes. The output produces a "pure" sound.
- D, F, G, etc. Such classes are usually inherent in small-sized devices.
- Class N. Inherent in automotive acoustic devices.
Rating of the best models
You can buy an amplifier model for a house or a car both from a domestic brand and from a foreign one. It’s hard to say which technique is better, because you can only judge it after using it.
- Parasound 2125. This stereo amplifier is equipped with a toroidal transformer, its power is 200 watts per channel. The device is designed for two acoustic sets. Weight is about 12.5 kg. It has a lot of positive reviews from customers who call it “fantastic” sound. Total power consumption - 550 watts. The model is also equipped with an indicator of overheating and a built-in power supply. The price is about 90 thousand rubles.
- Onkyo M-5000R. A fairly expensive amplifier with wideband amplification technology and an integrated power supply. Power is 170 watts per channel. The model is equipped with a distortion suppression circuit, four large capacitors and the possibility of a bridge mode. Power consumption - 280 watts. The price is about 260 thousand rubles. This amplifier belongs to the premium, as well as to the Hi-Fi segment.
- Yamaha A-S701. This model is an integrated amplifier with digital inputs and a built-in phono stage to obtain perfect, natural and clear sound without interference and noise. Power is 100 watts per channel, it is possible to connect via bluetooth. The amplifier housing is made of high quality metal. Users leave excellent feedback about him, especially in terms of sound quality. The price is about 50 thousand rubles.
- Denon PMA-520AE. This model is an integrated sound amplifier with reduced distortion. Weight is about 7 kg, there is a convenient remote control bullets, as well as all the necessary connectors on the front panel. The power of the front channels is 70 watts and 45 watts. The favorable price of just over 20 thousand will surely please all music lovers.
- Pioneer GM-D9701. This model is a powerful single-channel stereo amplifier for a car that combines everything you need. The maximum output power is 2400 watts. The model is equipped with low and high pass filters. The cost is about 13 thousand rubles.
Of course, this rating of goods can be considered conditional, because the choice of amplifier should be based not only on it, but also on many other factors.
Budget and cheap stereo amplifiers produce not only Chinese brands. Models in the price range up to 30 thousand rubles are considered inexpensive and high-quality. Despite their affordable price, they may well be high-quality and durable. We recommend choosing inexpensive integrated amplifier models from brands:
- Denon (models are available within 20 thousand rubles);
- Musical fidelity (there are options for 18-23 thousand rubles);
- Onkyo (despite the fact that the brand produces expensive models, the budget options are also available in the assortment, for example, the A-9110, which costs about 19 thousand rubles).
We also recommend paying attention to the Sony and JBL brands. Low cost stereo amplifiers are a great solution for your home.
Middle price segment
The price of the model of the middle price segment can vary from 30-35 thousand rubles and reach 80-100 thousand rubles. We recommend paying attention to the brands Roksan, Rotel, Denon, Marantz and Arcam. Most brands that produce high-quality stereo amplifiers simultaneously offer both premium and mid-range models.
Premium Hi-Fi and Hi-End amplifiers can be found at the following manufacturers.
- Parasound Sound amplifiers from this American brand are an ideal ratio of price and quality.
- Yamaha Surely everyone who has at least once been interested in professional musical equipment knows the name of this Japanese brand. You should not talk too much about it, because the products of this brand are thought out to the smallest detail, although the prices bite.
- Arcam European brand specializing directly in the creation of high-quality musical equipment.
- Marantz. In this brand you can find both professional stereo amplifiers and home ones. Prices are slightly overpriced due to the fact that most of the models relate specifically to the premium segment, but the quality justifies itself.
- Luxman. The range is rich in stereo tube amplifiers in a luxurious retro design.
- Hegel. We especially recommend paying attention to the Hi-End H160 amplifier. This model is recognized as the best amplifier in 2016 throughout Europe.
- PrimaLuna. A small European brand that produces perfect stereo amplifiers at very high prices. Recommended for those who need exclusively professional amplifiers.
How to choose?
Choosing a stereo amplifier is recommended only in a specialized store, especially when it comes to models from the premium segment. Choosing an amplifier for home or for a car is usually not difficult, usually for this purpose an overly powerful device is not required. Nevertheless, when choosing this kind of technology, we recommend that you pay attention not only to the technical characteristics, but also to the main parameters of the amplifier, including the number of amplifier channels, distortion coefficient, operating frequency range, and noise to signal ratio.
- The number of amplifier channels is very important. This number should be selected according to the principle: one column - one channel. To get high-quality sound, you should understand that only one channel can work on one speaker.
- It is important that the distortion factor meets certain quality standards. As a rule, Hi-Fi models always correspond to them.
- As for the operating frequency range, experts recommended a range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. A good stereo amplifier should be selected in this range.
- The signal-to-noise ratio should be at least 90-100 dB, the higher this value is, the better the sound will be at the output.
It is also worth paying attention to the fact that high-quality models are not always a high price and a popular manufacturer. Reputation, even a little-known brand, as well as customer reviews are very important.
See which video is best for choosing a receiver or stereo amplifier.