Over time, children are more and more tempted to be like adults, realizing their daily needs in a different way - in an adult way. This also applies to going to the toilet. However, the sizes of hygiene devices in apartments and houses are most often not suitable for children, in order to help the child fully use the toilet, children's pads were created.
Features and purpose
The process of teaching and accustoming a child to using a toilet bowl instead of a pot is a very important transitional period, which not everyone goes through at the same age. But on average, by three or four years old, an inquisitive child is already becoming interested in this subject.
How productive the child’s acquaintance with the toilet will be is largely dependent on the parents , whose main task is to facilitate the implementation of this process for the baby. For these purposes, special seats were invented, having a lot of names, for example, seat, pad, nozzle, circle, toilet seat and others. The device is attached in a variety of ways to the toilet bowl, and also has additional elements that help the child climb onto the toilet and sit comfortably on it.
Children's seats are very popular because they are a cheap and effective alternative to purchasing separate children's plumbing. The main positive feature of the toilet nozzles, in addition to their affordable cost, is the ability to quickly teach a child to use an adult bathroom, while at the same time providing the baby with convenience and safety.
Domestic and foreign manufacturers offer the consumer these accessories in a wide variety of types, modifications and colors. Due to what you can choose a model of a stool for children of different ages, gender and physique.
Benefits of using
The transition of the child to the use of the toilet greatly facilitates the care of the baby for the parents, since there is no need for a pot and diapers.
These are far from all the positive aspects of transferring a child to the use of an adult toilet bowl; the main ones can be distinguished.
- Acceptable cost, which includes such nuances - there are many varieties of children's pads that apply to affordable price products, which does not affect the quality of the product. In addition, the issue of arranging an additional children's toilet in the bathroom is not considered, which is associated with a significant expenditure of money;
- Convenience in the care and use of the stool - almost all models of such accessories can be strengthened and removed by the child from the toilet bowl;
- The mobility of children's nozzles makes it possible to use the toilet for both adults and children, without restricting any of the household;
- A wide range of configurations of devices;
- High level of nozzle safety - the baby will not fall into the toilet or the floor;
- Hygienic safety
- Comfort during the child’s use of the device, which positively affects the interest in learning to use an adult bathroom;
- Possibility of height adjustment - devices are additionally equipped with a step or ladder;
- Ease of transformation of the accessory;
- Compact size and light weight;
- Lid diameter adjustment;
- A wide variety of colors - bright and rich colors or images of your favorite characters from animated series or films are guaranteed to please the child;
- There are models with high sides that provide protection for the baby from splashing water;
- The lack of contact of the skin of the child with a cold surface of the toilet;
- Using the shared bathroom with parents, the child feels more adult.
The technology for fixing child seats to the toilet is very simple. Basically, the products have reliable fixing clamps or they are made with a base of rubber. There are on sale models that combine two installation options for children's nozzles.
Based on the specific configuration and configuration, the seats can be divided into several types.
Traditional child toilet seats
They are visually similar to a standard adult seat. The difference is that the children's option is smaller. As raw materials for the production of these devices, materials are used that provide the finished product with additional softness or hardness. Usually the circle is made of plastic or the base lined with fabric. As a rule, the last type of lining has a high cost.
A feature of standard linings is the possibility of their location directly on an adult toilet seat or under it. Such models will be ideal for large families. Among the assortment of adult seats for plumbing bowls, you can find products that are already equipped with a highchair. In order for the child’s circle to be ready for use by the baby, it is moved down, and then thrown up. Pediatricians recommend purchasing devices that are mounted at the top, because, from the point of view of hygiene, this option will be safer for the baby.
Anatomically shaped pad for children
This product is made in the form of the upper part of a regular pot, and the presence of special bulges in front and behind ensures the safety and convenience of the child, acting as barriers that will protect the small user of the product from falling. In order to provide additional security, many manufacturers began to produce such types of linings from soft types of rubber.
Learning from the potty usual for the baby and switching to using an adult toilet bowl will be more comfortable if you use just such a model to help, because the specific shape of the seat with the back and sides will remind the baby of its potty. The accessory is fastened with the help of special fixing elements.
Pad with handles
This model has small handles built into the sides. The linings are very popular because they facilitate independent access to the toilet for the child. In addition, the presence of handles allows the baby to feel more secure, holding on to them.
Lining consoles with steps
Usually these models have one step and handrails on both sides. Such seats are comfortable and reliable in operation, due to the presence of a step the child quickly gets to the bathroom, and the handrails will not let him accidentally fall. The product can be adjusted in height, taking into account the growth and convenience of the baby. Seats with steps are best purchased for very young children.
In addition to increased safety, the device is the most hygienic. The positive features include the minimum weight of the structure and ease of assembly. Due to its light weight, the child can independently slide the ladder to the toilet. In addition to the above advantages, the seats-consoles with steps can have a cover that can easily be transformed into a backrest. It eliminates the contact of the child with the surface of the toilet and possible splashes of water
This device is ideal for traveling with a child. Using it on the road, parents provide the baby with its familiar conditions, reminiscent of the use of a baby pot, which is very important during long trips, which are often associated with little stress for the child. The main advantage of these types of seats is the ability to quickly and easily expand them, adjust their size, which will make it possible to use absolutely any toilet regardless of location - the baby can use the toilet at a party or public places.
Modern models are sold with special containers that allow you to quickly and easily wash the product. After using it by a child, add water and detergent to the container, shake the device. This is a great alternative to a regular pot while traveling.
This variety will be needed in the bathroom so that the child can use the sink or bath independently. For this, it will be enough for the baby to become legs on it. Such an adaptation will help boys to write in the toilet while standing. To further protect the child from the risk of falling from the stand, it is better to purchase products with a large base, the surface of which will be rubberized. Due to this, the child will not slip, and the ease of construction will enable the baby to use the product without the help of parents.
Popular models and brands
The French company Thermobaby, which specializes in the production of items for children's hygiene, successfully implements children's high-quality lining for the toilet. The main feature of Thermobaby Kiddyloo toilet chairs is the environmental friendliness and reliability of the products. The devices are widely used by children even at the age of two. Models are very easy to assemble thanks to the attached instructions in the package.
The advantages of the seats include the following characteristics:
- environmentally friendly and hygienic raw materials used for production;
- design reliability - comfortable back and sides, an adjustable step with anti-slip pads;
- ease of operation.
The company successfully implements children's adapters even for hanging versions of plumbing bowls.
The Roxy-kids seat is a children's toilet nozzle with a step. This product is recommended for use by children over two years of age. The design is very easy to assemble, has a small weight, because it is made of plastic. The step has rubberized legs, it is possible to adjust its height. The anatomical seat is made without sharp corners, it is easy to attach to an adult toilet. The company is a domestic manufacturer of children's goods, so the products are of high quality and reasonable cost.
Ikea Tossig is a product that is convenient due to the softness of the nozzle. Safety of use of the goods provides material that prevents the seat from sliding. After application, the overlay can be hung on the wall or door in the bathroom. The products are completely safe for children, since they are produced from the same raw materials as children's drinkers and food containers.
The Froggie ladder seat is specifically designed to teach a child an adult toilet. The handles on the sides will give the baby a sense of security when peeling off and climbing onto the toilet seat. The stairs and legs are made with a non-slip surface, and the seat for the child has an anatomical shape. The device can be operated in conjunction with any kind of plumbing bowls.
At what age can I use?
Most pediatricians agree that it is worthwhile to teach a child to potty after a year, and to master a toilet closer to three years. Based on individual characteristics, this process can be started earlier, the main thing is to take into account the willingness and desire of the child himself.
In order not to make a mistake with the choice of a children's nozzle for the toilet, it will be more correctly guided by useful recommendations.
- since manufacturers offer devices of different levels of rigidity, preference should still be given to products with a semi-rigid surface;
- An important nuance is the method of fastening the seat. Elements must securely fix the product;
- in addition to the fact that the texture of the material or the base itself should be soft and suitable for washing, there are models of linings with an antibacterial coating;
- in order not to make a mistake with the size, it is worthwhile to make a template in advance;
- expensive models almost do not differ from cheaper options, so it is worth starting from the convenience and quality of products;
- for large children, it is better to give preference to devices without handles so that they do not squeeze the child during use;
- there should be no defects on the surface of the lining, as they can injure the child during operation of the seat;
- the main thing is the functionality of the product, and additional decorative components can distract the child or even scare;
- environmental safety of raw materials is of great importance, so it would be worthwhile to ask the seller for appropriate documentation.
See how to choose and assemble a toilet lining with steps for children in the video below.