Certain elements are essential in the interior. Mirrors are considered one of them. They are used in various decorative directions and perform many functions, except for the main task. Mirrors act as tools for zoning and a visual increase in space. Models in exquisite wooden frames add a touch of sophistication and luxury to the decor.
Features and Benefits
Mirrors clad in wooden frames can have various shapes and sizes. Their design can be varied.
Products of this type have a number of features that distinguish them from other similar products:
- A diverse palette of colors (natural wood color or other options).
- The choice of the type of painting of wooden frames (special enamels, patina, oils, varnishes are used).
- A wide selection of designs (most models are decorated with carvings or have a more rigorous and concise form).
- The shape of the mirror can be varied.
The choice is really diverse. Moreover, customers have the opportunity to use the "custom" service. The result is a unique decorative element.
Advantages of choosing mirrors in a wooden frame:
- Each variety of wood has a specific texture, texture and color. Also, the rocks differ in operational characteristics: density, hardness, rigidity and so on. Natural material does not have to be coated with paint, because the natural color looks great and attracts the attention of buyers. In the manufacturing industry, various grades are used with a multifaceted palette, from light and plain canvases to wood in dark and saturated canvases. Certain breeds have an extraordinary ebb.
- The special texture of raw materials is revealed in all its glory thanks to the skillful hands of the craftsmen. The splendor of natural material blends harmoniously into the interior, complementing it.
- The tree creates a special, lively atmosphere. This material represents the sun, nature, earth. Today, wood is the most popular and widely used raw material. In a room decorated with wooden elements, it will be pleasant to spend hours on end.
- Wood combines wonderfully with other materials such as metal, glass, stone and much more. They complement and emphasize each other, as a result of which a special duet of textures and colors is formed.
- Masters loved natural raw materials due to its plasticity. The frame can be given any shape and configuration. Carving and other volumetric elements add expressiveness.
- Another advantage is a long service life. With proper care, models serve for centuries, without losing their charm and sophistication. Despite the durability of the material, wood is vulnerable to the formation of mold and fungus. Also, moisture and high temperatures adversely affect raw materials. To cope with this problem will help special substances that process the tree.
Mirrors in frames made of wood are very popular. They decorate homes around the world. Given the high demand, manufacturing companies offer a huge range.
All commercially available options are divided according to the following parameters:
- The form.
- Location (type of accommodation).
It is worth noting designer models that differ in their special appearance. It can be a wide frame, decorated with a huge amount of volumetric details or an unusual product: a window, flora and fauna, geometry and so on.
Given the huge variety of models, problems with the choice of product shape should not arise. Manufacturers offer both classic options (round, rectangular, oval mirror), and non-standard models that attract attention with a special silhouette. In large stores you can find mirrors copying the figures of people, insects, animals. Also in fashion abstraction, letters, numbers and various symbols.
When choosing a mirror for a standard room, it is recommended to choose a round or oval shape. This is a win-win option that easily and harmoniously fits into the decor. Such models are placed in the center of the room or any of the walls.
When choosing a mirror in a rectangular frame, consider the size of the wall on which this element will be placed. It should not occupy more than half of the entire area.
The color of the wooden frame decorating the mirror can be varied. Designers highlight the most basic options.
- Natural color. To preserve the beauty of the tree, the material is coated with transparent varnish and other protective agents that do not overlap the color of the variety.
- White. A classic color that blends perfectly with other shades. Gold and silver elements look especially expressive against a light background.
- Beige. One of the most widespread colors in classical and modern directions. The saturation and density of the color may be different.
- Brown. Natural and natural color. This color has most varieties of wood. Shades are diverse, from light brown to dark.
- The black. Strict classic color. Such an element will add chic and nobleness to the interior.
At the location in the room there are such models: mounted, wall, table, ceiling and floor. The names of the classifications speak for themselves.
Each type has certain features:
- Models designed to be placed on the floor or wall are equipped with special shockproof insulation. Such elements are actively used for zoning the room.
- If there is a lack of lighting in the room, pay attention to the ceiling options.
- The most common models are wall mirrors. They are placed in almost all rooms of the house.
- Many mounted mirrors have moving parts.
How to choose?
To choose the right mirror, you need to decide where it will be used and for what purpose. It is also worth considering the interior design and type of placement of the product. The compact mirror on the stand is ideal for a compact room, and the model with a voluminous and expressive frame will be a wonderful addition to the living room.
In various rooms
Consider which models are suitable for various locations of residential premises.
- Living room. In this part of the house, the mirror plays an important decorative role. Most often, it is placed over a table, fireplace or sofa. The larger the room, the larger the model. Color and shape are chosen for the decor style.
- Hallway A tall and wide mirror is installed in the hallway, suitable for evaluating your appearance before leaving. Such an element is especially necessary if a woman lives in the house. The ideal option is a wall or floor version in full growth.
- Bathroom. In this room without a mirror anywhere. Standard placement is above the sink. In the spacious rooms, mirrors are also placed in showers or near the bathroom. The product must be processed with special means that protect the wood from moisture and high temperatures. An element of this type is also suitable for a bath or sauna.
- Bedroom. A large mirror will not only decorate the bedroom, but also make the stay in the room more comfortable and visually increase the room. To make this element key, place it on a loose wall.
- Kitchen. To visually increase the size of the room, designers recommend placing it near light sources or opposite the window. Mirrors are rarely placed in this room, so more compact models are chosen.
Mirrors in wooden frames are ideal for various decorative elements.
- Modern. If you choose a model for this style, pay attention to models with soft and smooth lines. Ideal options with floral elements and volumetric patterns.
- Provence. In this decorative direction mirrors in white frames will look wonderful. A floral ornament that is characteristic of this style is welcome. Models decorated with the decoupage technique will harmoniously fit.
- Loft. For industrial styling, mirrors in strict, concise frames are chosen. The decor uses natural materials, so mirrors in wooden frames are perfect. The appropriate shape is a square or rectangle.
- Classics (Baroque, Rococo, Empire). For the above directions, chic, luxury and grace are characteristic. Frames with gilded elements, expressive carvings are perfect. Most often, massive models are chosen. A carved frame will bring sophistication to the interior.
- Classicism. A large mirror in a simple frame is a good option for classicism. This is a classic direction, but more restrained compared to the above.
- Country. The basis of the style is the use of wood in large volumes. The tree is used in its natural form, without paint, patina and other additives. The frame for the mirror in the style of "country" can be made of rough boards or textured branches. The shape of a square or rectangle is best suited.
Design experts say that mirrors are things that only get better over time. Antique models acquire a special gloss and grace, which modern examples are deprived of. Elements such as stains, scuffs on a wooden frame, black dots give antique mirrors a special appeal. Old mirrors are especially appreciated. Rare models, which are several hundred years old, are very expensive and are available only to wealthy customers.
Antique items are often chosen for classic decorative trends. In order for the mirror to retain a special charming appearance obtained over a long time, and also fulfill its main function, professionals are engaged in the restoration of antique products. The restoration procedure is necessary so that the product becomes better over time and not deteriorates.
As noted, old mirrors are a rarity, and their price is several times higher than the cost of the most expensive modern models. So that ordinary customers have the opportunity to place elements of this type at home, stores offer artificially aged samples to customers. For this, special techniques and various means are used that give the products special beauty.
By external signs, only professionals can distinguish real antiques from an artificial analogue.
Stylish examples in the interior
It is better to visually evaluate the various options for mirrors in wooden frames. Consider the classic and interesting forms.
A luxurious round-shaped mirror in a carved wooden frame. The model is decorated with silver patina. This option is great for classic areas.
Rectangular mirror in textured wood. The board is decorated with natural dark patterns. The product will harmoniously fit into the style of country or loft.
A neat mirror with a floral pattern. It is recommended to choose this model when designing the French style of Provence.
Luxurious carved mirror in gold color. A great choice for empire, baroque or rococo styles.
See how to pick up mirrors in wooden frames in the next video.