The correct organization of the workplace is the key to the successful and safe implementation of any carpentry or locksmith's work. If you often have to do field work, then the best solution would be to purchase a folding workbench.
And in order to choose the best option available on the market, you should study the overview of popular models of Keter portable workbenches and familiarize yourself with tips for choosing them.
Features and purpose
Keter was established in the Israeli city of Jaffa in 1948 (that is, almost immediately after the emergence of the state of Israel). In the early years of its existence, the company was engaged in the production of plastic toys and household utensils. In 1978, the company’s assortment was replenished with garden tools, kitchen and bathroom products, and products for home and industrial workshops, namely tool boxes and work desks. In 2016, a controlling stake in the company was purchased by BC Partners, an international investment fund.
The main differences between Keter workbenches from analogues.
- Foldable design. All current models of workbenches manufactured by the company can be folded for transportation to another place of work. When folded, most models have the dimensions and shape of a case and are equipped with a convenient carrying handle in one hand. All folding tables produced by the company are equipped with a quick opening system, which saves time and almost immediately starts work.
- Bottom shelf. All models of Israeli desktops are equipped with a full lower shelf, the dimensions of which are only slightly inferior to the main countertop. This allows you to place in a workbench a large number of tools that will always be at hand.
- High quality. Unlike many competitors who gradually transferred production facilities to Asian countries, Keter plants are still located in Israel, which ensures high-quality assembly of the company's carpentry and locksmith workbenches.
- Security. Keter folding workbenches are made from environmentally friendly and health-friendly materials, and their design has been developed taking into account ease of use and the rules for the prevention of industrial injuries.
- Reliability and stability. Despite the folding lightweight design, when unfolded, the workstations of an Israeli company have almost the same functionality, stability and reliability as stationary options. The steel legs of these workbenches provide a relatively high maximum load, and a plastic worktop protects workpieces from any materials from damage. The use of stainless steel and weather-resistant plastic in the construction also allows the use of these work tables not only indoors, but also for outdoor work.
- Slots for different tools and types of work . On the surface of the countertops of all the models offered by the company, slots were made for the most popular tools, which significantly increases the usability of the workbench.
- Low price. The company's products are noticeably cheaper than folding workbenches from well-known German brands and will cost a little more than analogues made in China.
- Affordable service. An Israeli company has a wide dealer network in Russia, so the search for spare parts and accessories or warranty repairs of its products will not be a problem.
Keter currently offers customers such folding workbench models.
- Folding Work Table 17199331 - joiner's folding workbench. The dimensions of the countertop are 85 × 55 cm. The maximum load is up to 317 kg. It is equipped with two carabiners for hanging tools and two clamps for fixing the workpieces. Four-position height adjustment system (from 75.5 cm to 85.5 cm). Weight - 11.7 kg.
- Folding 38730. The dimensions of the countertops of this joiner's workbench are 85 × 55 cm. The reinforced structure has increased the maximum load to 450 kg. It is completed with a vice and a set of 2 clamps.
The workbench is equipped with a four-position height adjustment system in the range from 75.5 cm to 85.5 cm. Weight - 12.4 kg.
- Folding Work Table 17182239. It differs from the model 17199331 in a reinforced frame, due to which the maximum load on this workbench is 453 kg. Product weight - 13.7 kg.
What to consider when choosing?
When choosing a mobile or stationary workbench, it is worth considering the following basic parameters.
- Construction . By design, it is customary to distinguish carpentry, metalwork and universal models of workbenches. Variants intended for carpentry work are usually available with a wooden table top, designed to avoid damage to the surface of the processed wooden parts. Locksmith workbenches have a larger mass, reinforced frame and worktop made of steel. Finally, universal options are made of plastic or metal with a rubber or plastic coating and allow you to process parts made of any material.
- Maximum load. Usually this parameter is indicated in the technical description of the desktops, and it will depend on it how the total mass of equipment that can be installed on the workbench, and the maximum weight and dimensions of the parts that you can handle on it.
- Dimensions The dimensions of the table should fit into the room in which you plan to install it. In the case of the mobile option, it is also worth considering the folded dimensions so that the assembled workbench can fit in your transport. A workbench must have the function of adjusting the height of the legs, otherwise it will be inconvenient to work with it.
- Weight. The lighter the folding workbench, the more convenient it is to transport.
- Accessories The more additional functions and devices the workbench contains, the more convenient it will be for you to work with it.
Preference should be given to models equipped with clamps, tool holders, drawers, a function for turning the countertops and electrical connectors for lighting and power tools.
A video review of the Keter workbench is presented in the next video.