Miter saws are widely used in the processing of wood in carpentry workshops. In the household, this device can also be useful. The market offers a fairly large assortment of miter saws. One of the leading places in the popularity rating of such an instrument is occupied by the JET trademark models. What are the miter saws of this manufacturer, what is their model range, you can find out from this article.
About the manufacturer
JET is a fairly well-known brand that has been represented on the world market for power tools for more than fifty years. It belongs to the international concern JPW Industries Inc. In Russia, brand products appeared in 2004. Among the assortment of TM JET in our country you will find both machines for industrial processing of wood and metal, and power tools for home use. Including the brand represents miter saws.
JET miter saws are designed for sawing wood at right, oblique, or angled. With this tool, you can also make selections in the material. In addition to wood, “trimming” can also cut plastic, chipboard, MDF or a soft metal such as aluminum. Especially often, such a power tool is used when laying floors, manufacturing skirting boards, as well as in the manufacture of window frames.
JET miter saws have a number of advantages.
- High quality. The tool of this manufacturer has certificates that comply with the standards not only in Russia but also in Europe. All stages of production are under the strictest control of highly qualified specialists, therefore marriage is practically excluded.
- Warranty. JET miter saws are warranted for 2 years.
- A wide network of service centers. There are 23 official services in Russia where you can troubleshoot the device both during warranty service and after its completion.
- The lineup. In the assortment of TM JET there are several modifications of miter saws. You can choose a device with the functionality you need.
The disadvantages of JET miter saws include only the cost of some models. However, it is fully justified by the high functionality and unsurpassed quality of the device.
How to choose?
To select a JET miter saw, you need to focus on several characteristics of the device.
- View. The tool is available in both domestic and professional versions. If you have a large amount of work or you want to open a carpentry workshop, then you should take a professional tool with a wide range of functions. If you plan to use a miter saw at home, then the model can be chosen cheaper.
- The power of the device. The higher this indicator, the greater the length of time you can continuously operate the saw. In addition, the diameter of the circle that can be used on the instrument depends on this indicator. But here it is worth considering that the more powerful the device you choose, the harder it will be.
- Speed This indicates what the speed of rotation of the cutting wheel, and therefore the speed of the device, and the quality of the cut. In professional tools, this indicator should be at least 3200 rpm. Well, if your saw will have a speed control.
- Additional functions. The presence of additional tool functionality should positively affect your choice. It is good if it is equipped with a laser pointer, which will help to control the cutting line, a dust removal system that allows you to leave the cutting place clean, supporting constant revolutions under heavy load.
- Cost. Not the last, and sometimes decisive indicator when choosing JET miter saws is their cost. So, if you are limited in finances, you can purchase a budget modification. For a professional model, you have to pay a pretty round amount.
The JET miter saw range includes several models. Consider three of them that are especially popular.
This is a budget model that has quite a lot of functionality. The saw is quite powerful, this indicator here is equal to 1500 watts. At the same time, the device has an idle speed of up to 5000 rpm. The device disk can be rotated and bent up to 45 degrees. High rigidity ensures accuracy. The model has the ability to increase the surface of the desktop, equipped with a dust removal system, a stopper in the folded position for easy carrying. The JSMS-8L miter saw weighs about 16.8 kg. This power tool costs about 15500 rubles.
This saw is more powerful than the previous model. The power rating is 1800 watts. At the same time, the maximum idle speed reaches 3800 rpm. The maximum cut width is 30.5 cm. Cutting depth is 9 cm. The device weighs about 22.5 kg. The cost of the model is about 18,000 rubles.
This model is closest to professional trimming. It has the same power as the previous version. But the JSMS-12L is additionally equipped with a broaching function, which consists in the possibility of moving the cutting part of the tool along the cutting line along cylindrical guides. Using this equipment, you can perform carpentry when processing boards, as well as finishing (sawing skirting boards, door platbands). The cut depth of this device is 10.5 cm. The model weighs about 22.5 kg. The cost of the JSMS-12L miter saw reaches 24,000 rubles.
Buyers respond well to JET miter saws. They talk about the high quality of the tool, about its ergonomics, that several types of work can be performed with one device. The disadvantages include the unpleasant noise that the saw makes during operation, as well as the fact that spare parts can only be ordered at a service center, they are not available for sale.
See the video below for a review of the JET JSMS 12L miter saw.