No room will have a finished look without adequate lighting. That is why many buyers and designers pay great attention to it. Halogen chandeliers have recently become very popular due to their unusual design options and safety. They are recommended not only by ordinary buyers, but also by real professionals in their field.
You will learn more about how to choose the right ceiling chandelier of this type, as well as what you should pay attention to. In addition, you will get acquainted with the features of halogen chandeliers, their advantages and service life.
Halogen chandeliers in the Russian market of lighting equipment is not the first year, but at the same time, with each new season they become more popular, because they have a lot of advantages and features .
- Chandeliers of this type are considered more practical and durable due to the fact that they install special halogen lamps. This greatly increases the life of the products.
- Lamps for halogen lighting products are made of special quartz glass. It is considered more resistant to various destructive factors compared to conventional. In addition, compact lamps are often made of such glass, which very advantageously beat the entire design of the chandelier.
- Halogen chandeliers are distinguished by their low power consumption, it is very advantageous to install them even in all rooms of a house or apartment.
- High quality lighting and clear transmission of light also can not but rejoice.
- Halogen chandeliers and lamps, of course, will cost more than conventional products, however, this does not mean at all that they are purchased less often, since quality really justifies all costs.
- Excellent lighting in the room can be obtained even from a small product with 1 - 2 bulbs, while the design itself can be purchased at a very reasonable price.
- To the features of halogen chandeliers can also be attributed to their approval by doctors who claim that such products create perfect lighting. Such lighting is as close to natural as possible. And, besides, it does not depress vision and does not negatively affect it.
You can buy a chandelier with halogen lamps both for a residential building and for a public institution. Among the widest assortment of different models, even fastidious customers will be able to find what they have been looking for so long.
The modern market of lighting equipment offers a lot of different options for both domestic and foreign manufacturers. Although the second will cost more. Any buyer can choose a halogen chandelier for various styles of room decoration. Here, both modern and classic interior styles.
Advantages and disadvantages
In order to be sure that products of this type are what you need, you should pay attention to their pros and cons.
The advantages of halogen lighting products include the following:
- Thanks to the huge range of models you can find chandeliers with narrow and diffused lighting, which are perfect for both large and small apartments.
- As already mentioned, with the help of such chandeliers you can perfectly save energy. This means that, on average, savings range from 30 - 40 percent, and sometimes even higher.
- A huge advantage of halogen lamps that are installed in such chandeliers is that over time their glass does not darken or cloud. In addition, such products do not require too scrupulous care. The most important thing here is to follow the safety rules during installation, and later on when replacing bulbs.
- Halogen lamps are not hazardous. Many experts claim that they do not overheat, which means that they are not explosive.
- A big plus is the fact that halogen chandeliers can have colored lighting, and not just the classic yellow and white.
The disadvantages of halogen chandeliers include the following:
- Sometimes such products can irritate too sensitive eyes. Especially if there are a lot of light bulbs on the chandelier.
- If the product falls, the bulb will, of course, break, however, fumes from such chandeliers and lamps are not considered dangerous.
- It is not recommended to use halogen lamps and chandeliers in bathrooms and other rooms with high humidity, because without special protection the lamp may sparkle.
- It is also undesirable to install halogen lighting products in the kitchen in the cooking area, it is best to place them in the dining area.
Despite the many advantages and some disadvantages, halogen chandeliers do not go out of style.
Every year, manufacturers produce a lot of new and improved versions of such products for every taste and customer’s wallet.
Halogen chandeliers, like others, are available in various variations. By design type, they can be divided into:
- Ceiling products. Such chandeliers are installed directly under the ceiling, with their help you can visually increase the space of the room. There are also more simplified models called ceiling-mounted ones. Often, they do not have excess and hanging decorative elements and decorations. As for suspended ceiling chandeliers, such models are most often made with a variety of lampshades and various elements of decoration.
- Bar models are no less relevant. Such products are fixed very firmly, so in the future, adjusting the height of the product will be very difficult or completely impossible. Such chandeliers decorate rooms with high ceilings in the best way; for small rooms it is best not to purchase them. Bar chandeliers are produced in a huge variety. They can be with shades that will illuminate the entire room, or with shafts pointing up or down for a softer and more diffused light.
- Among the wide range of chandeliers, you can also find models for suspended ceilings , which will be an excellent complement to the glossy surface of the ceiling.
In addition, in addition to the main varieties, customers can easily purchase chandeliers with halogen lamps in various styles :
- Crystal chandeliers will most advantageously look in classic interiors . Forged models will very well beat the antique stylized interior. Any classic interior can be emphasized with the help of a chandelier with gilding and decorative pendant elements made of glass or crystal.
- Chandeliers with ethnic motifs and unusual decorations will be an excellent solution for the interior in modern style .
- Asian interior styles can be diversified with halogen chandeliers made from natural materials using bamboo and various fabrics.
- For modern styles, for example, for minimalism or hi-tech , you can easily find metal versions of chandeliers with halogen lamps and with LEDs. Often, modern styles are very "fond" of monochrome shades, clear shapes, lines and the lack of colorful decor. Be sure to pay attention to modern square and triangular chandeliers.
- Halogen chandeliers for Provence style are often either very massive or miniature. The most profitable look antique models. They are great for interiors with wooden furniture.
Among all the variety, customers can choose the classic models of chandeliers, which are turned on only with a conventional switch, and already more advanced models with a control panel. In addition, their service life is no less than the simplest models, so you should not be afraid to purchase new products that help with the adjustment of the light.
To get different light intensities, it is best to pay attention to combined chandelier models, where the manufacturer combines halogen and LED lamps.
Such products are considered not only more advanced and beautiful, but also practical.
Many buyers always think about what kind of chandelier to purchase in a particular room.
Experts recommend taking into account some points for the correct selection:
- For children's, bedrooms and games rooms, it will be enough to purchase an average chandelier up to 12 lamps, in addition, it will be possible to supplement the lighting with the help of spot lights. The best choice in lighting children's rooms will be “yellow” lighting, a warm shade most positively affects the emotional state of children.
- According to many experts, for spacious halls and living rooms there are no special requirements for the selection of a chandelier, however, mainly for such rooms choose massive models with an abundance of decorations, if the area allows. In many respects, everything depends on the style of the interior.
- For bedrooms, it is preferable to choose more modern chandeliers with control panels, because with their help it is possible to advantageously control the light intensity. It is undesirable to choose very large and multi-tiered models for the bedroom, they can visually make the room heavier, especially if it is already not very large.
Choosing a chandelier is best directly in the store. In addition, it is best to give preference to trusted and licensed companies that have been producing this type of product for years. With online shopping you should be very careful.
Also, do not forget to check all the documentation for the products you are interested in, especially if you purchase an expensive product that must be covered by the warranty.
Sooner or later, but on any chandelier you have to change the bulbs. It is very important to observe safety measures and safety measures. As for chandeliers with halogen lamps, it is best to change them in protective gloves made of cotton. Oily stains from fingers on the lamps look not only aesthetically pleasing, but they also worsen thermal conductivity. If the lamp still burns out, do not rush to change it immediately, first you need to turn off the lighting and wait for it to cool completely.
It is not recommended to repair such lighting devices yourself if they are out of order. It is best to seek help from specialists.
According to many professionals, frequent malfunctions of lighting equipment largely depend on their improper installation, so it is best not to do it yourself. Otherwise, the product may fail over time.
In general, halogen chandeliers do not require any personal care, however, it is best to wipe them with special dry rags, as wet cleaning is not recommended for them.
A halogen chandelier will certainly become the highlight of any room, especially if it is correctly chosen for a particular interior, choose a trusted manufacturer and take into account all the advice of professionals.
You will learn more about halogen chandeliers in the next video.