Kitchen sofas are in demand as they can be used for various purposes. When folded, it allows you to create comfortable conditions while eating, and when unfolded - it provides a place to sleep.
A folding sofa in the kitchen is the best choice for both compact and large rooms. They are quite in demand. Such furniture usually includes spacious drawers designed to hold various items, such as vegetables or cereals. Simply lift the lid to reach the storage location. A sofa with a folding mechanism allows you to get an extra bed. It will solve the following situations:
- if the family has heterosexual children, in the process of growing up there is a need for everyone to sleep in a separate room;
- if the guest arrives for a few days;
- if a young family saves money for their housing, then they can temporarily stay for the night while in the kitchen;
- if the guests stayed up late, then it can be used as an overnight stay;
- if you want to retire for a while.
Of course, a kitchen folding sofa with a berth cannot be called a full-fledged place to relax. Usually, over time, the folding mechanism begins to creak, the pillows are quite soft, and its dimensions are small. This option should be considered as a temporary place to sleep.
Angular models deserve special attention, since they allow you to place such a sofa even in small rooms. With their help, you can rationally use the entire area of the kitchen.
A corner sofa is usually located in one of the free corners, and at night it can be laid out to create a berth, and in the daytime there is usually a table next to it to provide a comfortable dining area.
When choosing a color version of a folding sofa, it is worth starting from the interior of the kitchen. The color of walls, floors, furniture, and even lighting should be taken into account. The sofa should be in harmony with all elements of the interior, so you should choose it depending on the style of the room.
A large role is played by the materials from which the folding sofa is made, while it is worth paying attention to both the upholstery of the product and the folding mechanism. The frame of sofas is usually made of wood; oak or beech is often used.
You need to pay attention to how the tree is processed. To increase its strength and resistance to various influences, including moisture, the frame of the sofa should be covered with special impregnation.
If you consider the possible options for upholstery, it is worth highlighting several types.
- Genuine Leather. It is characterized by practicality, attractive appearance and durability. A leather sofa is quite easy to clean, because just wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Leatherette. It attracts attention with an affordable price and a long service life, a beautiful appearance and good practicality, but, unfortunately, the service life is quite small.
- Cotton with polyester. This ensemble is often used as upholstery for kitchen sofas. It is characterized by durability and ease of care.
- Flock upholstery. It is characterized by increased strength, is not afraid of mechanical damage, is moisture resistant.
- Jacquard. It has a spectacular appearance and excellent wear resistance.
Important! To increase the life of the upholstery of the kitchen sofa, it is worthwhile to additionally use covers, while they should look harmonious in a specific interior design. If the cover is made of fabric, then the kitchen should have a good extract, as the fabric absorbs various odors.
If we consider the options for fillers that are used in the manufacture of folding kitchen sofas, it is worth noting the following:
- polyurethane foam;
- foam rubber.
You should give preference to polyurethane foam or holofiber when choosing a folding sofa in the kitchen with a berth. These fillers are characterized by fire resistance, environmental friendliness, durability, strength and well retain their original shape even under heavy loads.
But such sofas are quite expensive. If you need a budget option, you should take a closer look at the foam. A kitchen sofa with such a filler should be without a bed, because it will be uncomfortable to sleep on it, and you also need to understand that such upholstered furniture will not last long.
It is necessary to dwell in more detail on the frame of a folding sofa. The strongest is a natural tree. Often manufacturers choose tree species such as pine, beech, birch and oak. To protect the wood from moisture, it must be treated with a special impregnation. The tree is characterized by strength, durability and environmental friendliness, but has a rather high cost.
If you need an inexpensive option, then the frame can be made of chipboard. This material is also strong and resistant to high humidity, but is distinguished by its large weight and short life.
To choose the right folding sofa for the kitchen, you need to familiarize yourself with the different models, as well as their folding and folding mechanisms. Kitchen sofas are classified by material, size, design and other indicators. Initially, it is worth deciding on the place where upholstered furniture will be located, since this moment is of great importance. So, folding sofas are presented in several varieties, depending on the appearance.
- Sofa bed. This is a unique and practical option, because it can have various dimensions and shapes. Such a transformer combines the functions of a sofa and a bed - when folded, it can be used as a convenient seat for the dining area and storage, but when unfolded it provides a comfortable sleeping place.
If we consider the kitchen of a small size, then you can purchase its counterpart - a chair-bed. This option is presented in various colors, surprisingly luxurious designs.
- Couch. It will be the best choice for spacious kitchens. This furniture can be used as an extra bed, quite comfortable and convenient, but only for one person. The peculiarity of the ottoman is that it does not have armrests, and at its core a simple mechanism is used. The option with an orthopedic mattress is ideal if it is often used for sleeping. The couch can be decorated with various upholstery. Many models are made in bright colors, they become a magnificent decoration of the interior in any style direction.
- Metro. This option is characterized by a high flat back, which is often presented in a metal frame. To fix to the back of the pillow, special loops are used. The metro is characterized by compactness. Many models are made in angular form. The folding sofa allows you to provide additional sleeping space - it is equipped with a retractable mechanism.
The metro looks stylish in leather upholstery, usually two colors are used simultaneously.
Kitchen folding sofas are presented in several varieties, depending on the transformation mechanism. Consider the popular options.
- The book is a rather popular mechanism for kitchen-type sliding sofas, as it is very simple and convenient. It is necessary to make two easy movements - first you need to tilt the upper part, and then lower the lower one. A place to sleep consists of a back and seat, and sizes may vary. This option is suitable for both small and spacious kitchens.
- The Eurobook is slightly different from the above, because in this embodiment the sleeping part includes the back of the back and the seat itself. To lay out such a sofa, you need to move the lower element away from you, there is a free place on which the upper part is placed. Such a folding mechanism is also characterized by lightness and convenience. The basis of such furniture is a box in which you can store a lot of things. Sofas with such a mechanism can be not only straight, but also angular.
- An accordion is the best option if you plan to use it for sleep every day. Even with the small size when folded, the berth is quite spacious and comfortable. Usually a metal frame and mattress are used, which when folded look like an accordion. Many modern models are equipped with orthopedic mattresses. They can be either straight or angular.
- Dolphin can often be found in kitchen sofas of small sizes of angular type. It is roll-out, because you need to pull the lower part towards you by a special eyelet, and then the lower part is compared with the upper one.
- The "French folding bed" is often used for spacious sofas, so this mechanism should be selected for large kitchens. The sofa provides a spacious berth, it is quite easy and quick to fold and unfold.
A wide selection of folding sofas for the kitchen from foreign and domestic manufacturers is on sale. It is worth considering several popular models.
- Aruzo Combi is a fairly popular model from the Russian manufacturer, which is like an affordable price, ease of use and stylish design. This sofa is equipped with a roll-out transformation mechanism, represented by an angular shape. When folded, it can comfortably accommodate three people, but a berth with dimensions of 100x180 cm is suitable only for one. The presence of a linen box allows it to be used to store various kitchen items.
- “Malle” is a practical, compact sofa for the kitchen, which has a stylish design, small dimensions and a convenient folding mechanism - a “French folding bed”. Its body is made of wood, which gives it strength. The size of the berth is 100x190 cm, and when folded, it is suitable for three people.
How to choose?
You can adhere to the following tips from professionals when choosing a practical and multifunctional sofa for the kitchen:
- the optimal size should be selected depending on the size of the kitchen, since a large double sofa is likely to be inconvenient in small rooms;
- the material of the product should be practical - easy to clean, not afraid of high humidity and temperature changes;
- you should consider its location - a narrow version can be placed along one of the walls, but the corner sofa will fit perfectly into an empty corner;
- the sofa should be comfortable and soft, evoke extremely positive emotions from its use;
- mini options without armrests with a folding mechanism are chosen for compact kitchens;
- To store a large number of things, pay attention to models with drawers.
A stylish sofa with a folding mechanism will become a bright accent in the interior of the kitchen. The combination of orange and blue will cheer you up. A soft and resilient sofa with one armrest can easily be transformed into a comfortable sleeping place for one person.
The tree is always in fashion, so the next version of the kitchen sofa will be a worthy decoration of a spacious kitchen. The direct-type sofa is made of solid wood and complemented by soft and comfortable inserts on the back, as well as an elastic seat and sleep. It easily turns into a comfortable sleeping place for two. Stylish design will fit into various styles.
An overview of the direct folding sofa to the kitchen, see below.