The ottoman combines the features of a sofa and a bed. During the day, it is suitable for relaxing, eating, gatherings with friends, and at night it turns into a comfortable sleeping place. The variety of design allows you to choose a model for any interior.
Features and Benefits
The optimal solution for modern housing will be a folding ottoman. Such furniture is popular with owners of small apartments, where every ten centimeters counts. Most often, the model has a back and armrests, and in a straightened state it resembles a bed.
Ottoman sofa pluses:
- A simple transformation mechanism. Anyone can straighten the sofa, the design itself is durable.
- The presence of a built-in box. Bed linen can be removed into it, which saves space. In addition, the drawer is also suitable for storing seasonal items that do not fit in cabinets.
- Profitable price. Such furniture is lower than a double bed, and at the same time, it is more functional.
- Reliable design, long service life. Laconicism of the transformation mechanism minimizes the possibility of premature failure.
- A variety of color schemes. Sofas are made of materials of different colors, decorated with drawings and patterns.
The model can be used as a permanent bed, it will be indispensable when visiting relatives and friends. The ottoman can be placed in the bedroom, living room or office. If desired, chairs with the same material are made together with the piece of furniture - in this case, a complete set will be obtained.
A feature of the sofa is that it is produced in different dimensions and shapes based on the needs of the consumer. There are both very small models and more massive furniture.
Folding sofa ottoman is divided into the following types.
A practical option for a studio apartment. When dressed up, it looks like a sofa. When used as a bed, it is recommended to additionally purchase an orthopedic mattress.
One and a half
In size, the couch occupies an intermediate position between a double and a single model. Suitable for the relaxation of one person who loves to fall apart on the bed while sleeping.
In an expanded form, the ottoman is indistinguishable from a bed. Due to its large dimensions, two people can fit on it without problems.
Compactness is the main advantage of this model. It is located in the corner of the room, since it has an armrest on one side only.
Often furniture is equipped with legs.
For children and teenagers
Models are characterized by a colorful design and small size. They are decorated with images of animals, cartoon characters, so the child will be able to choose an ottoman with his favorite characters. The furniture is made of high-quality hypoallergenic materials, equipped with compartments for storing toys.
Sofas are divided by the type of frame, wooden or metal. The latter option is most durable and durable, but the tree is not afraid of rust and it has the best aesthetic characteristics.
Before buying an ottoman, they study how it unfolds. Each of the types of transformation mechanisms has advantages and disadvantages associated with the personal preferences of a particular person. There are both sliding furniture in length, and sliding to the side.
The following models are the most popular:
- The book . The simplest in design variety of sofa-ottoman. A feature is that you can sleep even on unfolded furniture. To spread the ottoman, the seat is tilted until a click is heard, and then lowered down. Anyone, even a child, can cope with this operation.
When installing furniture, it is necessary to leave a small distance against the wall, so that the back fits in a flattened position.
- Eurobook. Despite the name, the model has little to do with the book.
The mechanism is distinguished by reliability, durability, it has a minimum load. To straighten the ottoman, you need to pull the seat towards yourself and place the backrest in the vacant seat. The following video will tell you how to do this.
- Click-gag. The ottoman was named due to the sound made when it unfolds. The model resembles a book with the difference that it uses an advanced transformation mechanism.
The backrest is fixed at different angles, including in the "reclining" position for relaxation.
Material and filler
In the manufacture of an ottoman sofa, both natural and synthetic materials are taken. When ordering furniture, they combine shades, textures, combine plain and ornamented fabrics:
- Leather, velor and suede models are distinguished by special nobility and good external characteristics.
- Textile upholstery is soft to the touch , easy to clean, less fading over time.
- Sofas decorated with faux fur will look extravagant and complement the modern interior.
The comfort of the ottoman depends on the choice of filler. It must keep its shape, let air through and not slip during operation. Models with a spring block will replace an orthopedic mattress: they repeat the bends of the spine, withstand significant weight, provide natural ventilation. As synthetic fillers take polyurethane foam, struttofiber, hollofiber.
They are distinguished by lightness, long service life and elasticity.
How to choose?
When buying an ottoman, consider how and where exactly it will be used. Models with wooden frames are suitable for the living room, because in this case there will be no need to lay out and fill the furniture daily, and the design will last longer.
At the same time, such furniture can have small dimensions, since they are going to use it only for daytime relaxation.
The output of the transformation mechanism depends on the personal preferences of the person: it is easier for someone to straighten the book, for others it is important to have an adjustable backrest of the click-gag type sofa.
Equally important is the appearance of the furniture. It is selected depending on the design of the room and correlated with the color scheme of interior items.
Ideas in the interior
Models that look streamlined look original. Smooth lines, rounded edges create a feeling of softness, lightness and comfort. If you use materials with abstract patterns, floral ornaments in the design of the ottoman, you get an ottoman for a modern interior.
The corner sofa-leg couch, made in one color, will appeal to fans of minimalism. If a saturated shade is selected, it can be combined with walls of a cold shade - gray, white.
Such furniture is also suitable for the interior, which is based on contrasting tones.
Another option is a combination of wood elements and textiles. Fabrics in beige, sand, vanilla shades emphasize the nobility of natural wood, while at the same time design will be absent from the use of a minimum of decorative elements.