LG washing machines are reliable and practical. Owners have enjoyed their smooth operation for many years. The manufacturer even made sure that any problems were understandable and easily fixed. An alphanumeric error code may appear on the display. Thanks to this, you can easily establish the reason why the wash does not start.
What does the error DE mean?
The LG washing machine may not start the washing program, but display the letter code on the screen. Do not immediately rush to the phone and call the service center, sometimes you can solve the problem yourself.
If the machine issues a DE code, then the cause of the malfunction lies in the unlocked drum cover. The equipment simply cannot collect water and start the program until the hatch is closed.
Not always a problem can be solved with a flick of the wrist. It happens that just enough to close the door more tightly, the error ceases to be displayed and the washing process continues. However, additional efforts may not always fix the problem. The reasons why the error is displayed when the door is closed.
- Broken part of the hatch lock group. Usually the problem is the shutter, but absolutely any element can break.
- The spring has shifted or the wire clamp has come off its place.
- There was a malfunction in the program that controls the position of the hatch.
- Inside the electrical controller, the start sensor element failed.
These 4 causes of DE error are the most common. The full list is much larger. Some problems can be solved independently, without calling the wizard.
If it is not possible to establish the cause of the error, then disconnect the equipment from the power supply and contact a service center.
How to fix?
At the very beginning, you need to inspect the lid that closes the drum. Perhaps the hatch is not closed tightly or some thing prevents the mechanism from locking into place. If tightly closing the lid does not lead to the disappearance of the error code, then a small diagnosis should be made. Usually, as a result of the inspection, the reason is found. If the error does not work out, then the problem has occurred in more important electronic parts and you need to contact a specialist.
Simple manipulations to eliminate the DE code.
- Check cover tightness. You need to slightly press on it, press it down.
- Inspect the door from the outside. Perhaps something is preventing the tight closing.
- Visually assess the inside of the hatch. Make sure that clothes do not fall out of the drum. Additionally, you need to look at the tongue that fixes the hatch. It is possible that something stuck to it.
- Make sure the tank hatch hangs evenly. If necessary, tighten the hinges. Sometimes the bias is insignificant and with the naked eye it is not visible. For accuracy, you can use the construction level.
- If all else fails, you need to pull out the laundry and restart the machine. To do this, the hatch opens, the system turns off with the button, and the power cord is pulled out of the outlet. After 15-20 minutes, you should reconnect the washing machine and check if an error appears.
In some cases, all of the above solutions to the problem do not help get rid of the code on the display. This means that the problem is more serious. Possible malfunctions and repairs.
- The door does not close completely, does not lock mechanically. Such a problem occurs due to wear or breakage of the latch hook. It is necessary to replace the element and continue to use the washing machine. It should be noted that such a breakdown can be easily diagnosed visually. You can try to move the hook with your hand. Damage is if it is too mobile.
- It happens that the door closes, a characteristic click is heard, but the washing does not start. Instead of collecting water, the technician gives an error code and that’s it. The reason lies in the breakdown of the lock lock device. In other words, the hatch closes, however, it does not block and the system simply cannot continue the program. It is enough to replace the defective element and continue to enjoy the use of technology.
- Stranger situations happen when in the process of work at some stage the device stops working. The DE code appears on the screen and the smell of burning is felt. The problem is the control module. There are several reasons: water getting inside the electronics, power surge. It can be even easier - contacts on the module may burn out. To solve the problem, you must first remove the top of the machine and remove the front panel. After that, it will be possible to get the board itself. Damaged areas are usually black, the upper parts of the capacitors become convex, traces of gaps can be seen. It is necessary to unsolder the damaged part and replace it with a new one. When going to the store, it is better to take the old item with you in order to purchase exactly the same.
- If the door does not lock and the handle does not work, then the reason is in it . You have to change the whole part, there is no other solution. It is recommended to contact specialists so that the new pen is of high quality and durable.
- An error can occur in cases where the door does not close and a skew is visually noticeable. Usually, such a problem is encountered by those who use the machine for a long time or quite intensively. The reason is quite simple - the hinges are worn out. In some cases, you can simply adjust them with a screwdriver. If this procedure does not help, then you need to replace the loops with new ones.
An error with the DE code occurs solely in the event of malfunctions due to which the sunroof does not close properly. In most cases, you can solve the problem without involving specialists, especially if you have some skills in repairing household appliances. If there is no self-confidence, then it is worth taking the washing machine to a service center so that the craftsmen make a professional repair. It is also worth doing if the above methods do not solve the problem.
The washing machine requires care. With proper operation, it can work more than 700 hours.
Recommendations of specialists.
- The door of the washing machine must be closed carefully, without slamming it.
- It is important to ensure that the hatch does not catch clothes.
- The door should be left open after washing so that the drum dries. However, after this, it should be closed so that the loops do not experience a constant load.
- Do not hang clothes on the hatch. In this case, the loops will quickly become worthless.
- Twice a year, it is necessary to check the status of all systems. If necessary, it is worth tightening the mounts or changing damaged parts.
- Water must be avoided on the top cover of the equipment and the back wall. In this case, the risk of breakdown of electronic elements increases.
These simple rules will avoid serious problems and errors with the DE code. Among other things, it is worth regularly cleaning the washing machine so that debris does not affect its performance.
If the breakdown occurs suddenly and it is not possible to establish the cause, then it is worth contacting a service center. With self-repair, there is a risk of damaging something else.
To resolve the error with the DE code of the LG washing machine, see further.