Tool trolley is essential as an indispensable tool in the household. It helps to keep the most commonly used equipment on hand, and is a great place to store.
Which are there?
Such rolling trolley tables can be of two types:
Closed items are a cart with drawers, which on the side looks like a small chest of drawers, only on casters. Dimensions can be different, so the user has the opportunity to choose the product that is ideal for storing both small and large tools. Some larger models are designed for 7 drawers, less expensive - only 3 shelves.
Drawers can be freely pulled out, inside there is enough space for screwdrivers, files and all that is often necessary when performing household tasks. And open-type trolleys are mobile shelves with open containers. The entire tool is in sight, it is not necessary to open each drawer to remember what is stored inside, the only drawback of this design is that the dust gets inside.
What material are they made of?
Tool trolleys are made of different materials:
Metal structures are considered the most durable, reliable. Such a mobile bench car can be lightweight, made of aluminum, steel, or welded from any other alloy. Cheaper options have no decorative finishes, and those that are more expensive are painted with enamel. Plastic is cheaper, but it has a shorter lifespan and with frequent changes in ambient temperature can be destroyed. Such rolling trolleys have small dimensions and weight. You can choose a model for 2 shelves, but you can choose 6 boxes.
Wooden structures can be found less often, although they look attractive, they are quite expensive if they are made from quality wood. They do not tolerate high humidity, and if they are made from lumber, then the decorative coating may peel off.
Advantages and disadvantages
The tool trolley has many advantages:
- helps to organize the workspace correctly;
- you can save free space in the room;
- the whole tool can be moved at the same time;
- easy availability of necessary tools;
- most models have a lock;
- the tool is reliably protected from negative factors.
- if the model is large, then it is not always easy to move it when all the boxes are full;
- when you open one of the filled drawers, the structure may turn over.
On the market you can find many options from different manufacturers, but the products of the following brands have proven themselves best in this area.
Models from this manufacturer differ in the configuration of additional equipment. You can easily install another shelf, thereby turning the cart into a workbench. Most designs allow you to store not only carpentry tools, but also painting, grinding. Trolleys are made of stainless steel, the thickness of which can be from 0.9 to 1.5 mm. The surface is protected from the negative environmental effects by special spraying. Boxes are mounted on telescopic rails.
The average life of such a tool is 10 years.
These trolleys are not only made of high-quality steel, but also have a special handle in the design that helps push the trolley forward. The wheels work properly, can spin around its axis, which greatly simplifies the process of transportation on an uneven surface. The manufacturer also took care of an attractive appearance, so the trolleys are distinguished by a thoughtful design. More expensive models have not only shelves, but also lockers.
They are made in different colors, can be red, gray, blue. The number of drawers may vary by model. Most products are assembled in China, so the manufacturer managed to reduce the cost of their own products. The paint on the surface is powder, therefore it holds for a long time and does not peel off. Bearings are mounted on the drawer rails.
There is a lock that is locked with a key.
What to look for when choosing?
When choosing an instrumental mobile trolley for 5 boxes or more, with or without a kit, experts advise you to pay attention to the following points.
- With a large number of tools, the user must take into account the load capacity and capacity of the product. The greater the margin of safety, the better, since the life of this model is longer. A trolley high is one of the best options.
- The type of guides is no less important parameter than the material from which the trolley is made. The cheapest option is roller, they are regularly jammed, knocked out of a rut. More expensive, but also reliable - telescopic with bearings, since they can withstand weight up to 70 kilograms.
- Be sure to consider the coating material, especially if it is metal products. Powder spraying best protects against corrosion.
- As for the materials from which the trolley can be made, metal ones are the most popular and in demand on the market. It is better if the trolley is made of steel, not aluminum, since this material is too soft, dents remain on it in case of any fall.
- Particular attention should be paid to the wheels, the wider they are, the better, because they cope with an uneven surface. Ball bearings must be present in their design, a polyurethane tire is installed on top.
- If the user often has to use a workbench for work, then it is advisable to opt for a rolling model for transporting tools with a worktop.
See how to make a tool trolley with your own hands in the next video.