When agricultural work can not do without various devices. Such mechanisms as a mower, a baler for a walk-behind tractor, a tedder, a rake, a trimmer, significantly speed up the process of harvesting hay. People who are engaged in cattle breeding are well aware that a lot of effort is needed to harvest hay. That is why the baler is so useful to them in everyday life, which will help to make all the preparations before the start of the rainy season.
What is it like?
The baler, mounted directly on the walk-behind tractor, enables farmers to quickly and accurately collect hay with little effort. In addition to the fact that the device collects dry grass, he compresses it into so-called bales or briquettes of various shapes. The briquette shape can be either rectangular or cylindrical depending on the type of machine.
Such a device makes it possible to quickly transport and compactly store hay.
Massive hay balers are produced for large-scale agricultural work, and for small farms you can buy a mini-device for low-power equipment. Balers are divided into two subspecies:
Most often, private traders use the roll type because of their compactness, and the bale type is more suitable for agricultural activities.
Recently, mini-presses have become extremely popular, which are combined with both a tractor and a walk-behind tractor. Due to its small dimensions it is much more comfortable to use it on small plots of land. That is why this device has become simply indispensable in small farms and popular with private farmers.
Like conventional balers, mini-balers are also divided into bale and roll types. The main advantage of this device is the weight of the briquette produced, which is not more than 20 kilograms.
In addition to the two types mentioned, straw pickers are classified by:
- ligament form;
- density - from 100 to 300 kg / m3;
- different types of hay feeding into the bale chamber;
- aggregation options - they are mounted, semi-mounted, self-propelled and trailed.
Roll and bale types of hay picker differ in the method of briquette formation.
- The round pick- up picks up hay, which goes to the drum, and there, under the pressure of the grate, the material is twisted into a roll, forming a block in the shape of a cylinder. When the stack is compressed to the required size, a beep will follow. After that, the roll is rewound with twine and rolled out of the drum. If you look at the roll, then its upper part is much denser than the inside, this is done for better air circulation inside the haystack. Each roll has not only the same size, shape, but also weight. As for pricing, this type is more affordable than bale.
- Hay bale picker works on a different principle. It is immediately worth noting that this hay picker is slightly larger than a roll counter. The material also enters the press chamber by means of a screw. After the chamber is completely full, the work of the knitting mechanism begins. With the help of threads, a compressed bale of a rectangular shape is tied and pushed out of the chamber. In such a baler, it is possible to control the density of compression, as well as the height of the resulting bale. Rectangular briquettes are much easier to transport and store, in addition, the machine can automatically set the density and size of the bale, which greatly simplifies the control process.
Of course, it is quite difficult to choose a baler, but this task can be greatly simplified, knowing which parameters you need to pay attention to.
- Efficiency. For a small farm, a bale picker can easily be replaced with a round baler. Of course, if you have an impressive economy, then you should take a more productive hay collector.
- Optimization. The most effective units are those that are equipped with a loader and knitting equipment. This model will speed up the process at times, with greater productivity.
- Useful volume plays a large role in procurement, so it is worth focusing on this indicator.
There are many different models, but the most popular today are the R-500 Combi round balers. It is produced by the Italian company Wolagri, which is famous not only for the best quality and excellent performance, but also for compact parameters. Of course, you can choose other models or even design yourself, but do not forget that the technical characteristics show how good the press is and how quickly it will pay for itself. The basic characteristic consists of the following items:
- capture and processing area per unit of time;
- the mass of straw, which is compressed in one hour of work;
- speed of tying a roll per minute;
- power value for quick assembly process;
- the compression density should be approximately 360 kg / m3 at the outlet of the chamber;
- Do not forget about the weight and size of the roll, because in the future it will have to be stored somewhere.
Features, pros and cons
Hay collecting apparatus is very popular among farmers, because it has a number of advantages:
- easy to use thanks to easy settings;
- carefully creates briquettes without breaking the plant mass;
- makes it possible to form bales of different sizes;
- easy to repair due to a simple mechanism;
- It is possible to create yourself.
Consider the advantages and disadvantages of each type of baler.
The roll unit has an impressive duration of one working cycle. It is extremely convenient and easy to operate and maintain, in addition, the repair of this equipment does not require huge expenses and efforts.
As for the shortcomings, the roll press produces a very dimensional briquette, which is inconvenient to transport. Due to the large size, additional transport devices are required.
The main advantage of a bale press is the ability to control the size of the briquette. In addition, even the standard bale size is several times smaller than that of a round baler. This feature makes it easy to transport and unload bales. The characteristics of this press are much higher, and in use they last longer. This model has one drawback, which is its high cost.
- the main privilege of the mini-press is its installation on a walk-behind tractor;
- fast and efficient straw collecting into briquettes;
- when using a mini-press you can reduce costs and increase your profit;
- you can use a homemade unit, but it can not be compared in technical and operational characteristics with the factory model;
- the mini pick-up will easily cope with a huge area;
- high quality briquettes.
If you are faced with the question of what kind of baler to purchase, or if you can make it yourself, first study all the positive and negative aspects. After all, a home-made unit will come out much cheaper, but it can not be compared with a factory device in any parameter.
And if you buy a new pick-up, carefully study its characteristics in order to purchase a more economical and efficient pick-up for your purposes. Please note that the factory model will cost from 400 thousand rubles and above.
But when buying, you should not focus only on the cost, pay attention to the type of machine, the cost of maintenance, build quality and performance.
The baler is an extremely useful unit for agricultural activities. Depending on the needs of the farmer, you can choose the equipment that will meet all requests: from compactness and power of the device to efficiency and size of the briquette.
You can see the baler for the walk-behind tractor in the next video.