Reliability, durability and comfort - this is what distinguishes wooden single beds. Manufacturers offer both budget models available to a wide consumer segment, as well as premium class furniture made from expensive wood species. A variety of designs allows you to find products for any interior.
Benefits & Features
Furniture made from natural materials always remains in trend and is widely used in the arrangement of premises. A wooden single bed is an excellent solution for a bedroom in a classic, modern style or country style. Due to the versatility of raw materials, it is possible to implement any design decisions, combining traditions and modern trends. Wood products are present in the collections of many brands, and consumers buy it around the world.
What is the difference between the models:
- Environmental friendliness and safety . Furniture made of solid wood does not emit harmful substances into the atmosphere. After using the beds can be recycled, in addition, the wood can decompose in the natural environment.
- Durability . The beds are resistant to mechanical shock, withstand heavy loads and are suitable for overweight people. Due to their resistance to wear, they have a significant service life.
- Diverse design . Brands offer both minimalistic and carved models. The collections contain furniture of different colors, complemented by all kinds of decorative elements. You can find four-poster beds or made in several colors, which simplifies the selection of products for specific interiors.
- Comfort It is comfortable to sleep on the beds, while the back is in a natural position. To improve the effect, you can purchase an orthopedic mattress and an anatomical pillow.
- Compactness . Single models have small dimensions, they fit in a confined space. Many beds have a folding design, which simplifies their transportation.
To improve the consumer properties of wooden furniture, it is additionally treated with special impregnations and mixtures. Due to this, the materials become resistant to moisture, the risk of frame ignition is reduced, which allows the use of products in difficult climatic conditions. Modern furniture is not afraid of fungus and mold, nor is it afraid of harmful microorganisms.
Since wood is an affordable raw material, single beds can be made independently. Novice masters should rely on existing schemes and models that are being modernized depending on the author’s ideas. An important factor is that for the work you will need a standard set of tools and fasteners, and assembly of parts will take a little time.
For the manufacture of beds take as arrays of different species of trees, as well as plywood, particleboard and MDF. Also, manufacturers can combine several materials simultaneously. The combination of several types of wood will give the furniture a unique, increase the scope of its use. The final price of products depends on the raw materials used. Most often, manufacturers use the following breeds:
- Oak This hard rock has a high level of strength and will last for more than one year. The material can be used in conditions of high humidity, it is almost not subject to mechanical stress, so there will be no scratches on it. It has a neutral color, combined with light pastel shades.
- Birch tree Reliability is the hallmark of beds made of this material. The wood has a light color, looks advantageous with black and dark brown interior items. The raw material is resistant to the occurrence of fungus and bacteria, has a unique pattern.
- Pine tree One of the most popular materials. Beds made of solid pine have water-repellent properties, they can be easily treated with paints and varnishes. The material is flexible, it is easy to work with it, getting non-standard elements of decor.
- Ash . A valuable species of wood used for the manufacture of luxury furniture. The natural texture of the wood is preserved after applying oil formulations and varnish. The material is suitable for artificial aging, withstands threading.
- Beech . It has high density and wear resistance. When using beech, a beautiful cut-out pattern is obtained, which allows you to experiment with textures. The noble material is used to make furniture in a classic style, characterized by durability.
With a combination of different breeds, it is possible to get furniture in different colors:
- Walnut and chocolate models are versatile, it is easiest to select other interior items.
- You can find painted furniture.
- A white bed will adorn a minimalist interior and give it a touch of conceptuality.
- For premium interiors, mahogany products covered with varnish, emphasizing the natural structure of elite material, are suitable.
Wood is versatile and easy to process. Thanks to this, it is possible to make furniture in any style from wood. Classic interiors require solid beds decorated with carvings, patterns and smooth lines. For modern bedrooms, brands offer models with a minimum of decor; as a rule, such products are painted to obtain non-standard shades. Without wooden furniture, a Provence or country bedroom is unthinkable: products for such interiors are made in natural shades and often have the effect of antiquity.
Equipping a bedroom, you can select a bed for existing interior items or act in the opposite order, taking specific furniture as the basis.
Its design is correlated with wall decoration, flooring, color and texture of curtains and carpets. The natural color of the tree is easy to combine with other tones, however, the shades used should not be too much: in this case the space will be oversaturated. In the collections of mass brands, the same model is presented in different shades, called by the type of wood used.
When buying furniture, they pay attention to the places where parts are connected, since the strength and durability of the frame depend on this. Quality products undergo additional processing, have a smooth surface. In addition, it is important that the furniture meets the real needs of the buyer. It should fit into the interior of the room both stylistically and in size. Based on the above, the criteria for choosing wooden beds are distinguished.
- Dimensions Standard sizes for single beds are 90x190 cm and 90x200 cm, which is enough for a comfortable stay for one person. Variations in the length of the products are taken into account when the free space in the room is limited: in this case there will be important every few centimeters. Brands can offer to make furniture to order, which allows you to get custom size beds.
- Frame material . The life and characteristics of the furniture depend on the raw materials used. Chipboard beds are cheap, but they are not suitable for classic bedrooms and will have a short life. Elite varieties of wood are a long-term investment, however, they are not affordable for everyone, so when buying furniture in an ordinary apartment, it is enough to do with middle-class wood products. Brands can combine wood with other materials, such as metal or plastic.
- Type of mattress . It can either come complete with a bed, or be sold separately. In the presence of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, it is recommended to give preference to orthopedic models that repeat the bends of the body and provide the most natural position of the spine. During sleep, the muscles will be relaxed as much as possible, blood circulation will improve, so a person will sleep more soundly and completely forget about the feeling of being broken in the morning.
- Construction . In the shops you can find both ordinary beds and those complemented by built-in drawers for storing bedding and seasonal items. This option will be especially convenient for narrow elongated bedrooms. Manufacturers offer beds on legs, models based on the back or platform. Models differ in the shape and size of the head, the height of the berth.
You should pay attention to the manufacturer. The highest quality is traditionally considered European furniture.
- Italian craftsmen produce premium products, characterized by a long service life and improved external characteristics.
- Products from Finland have gained popularity due to their practicality and functionality.
- Chinese factories create cheap but low-quality furniture, often copy models from Western brands.
- In the collections of domestic companies you can find products for a wide consumer segment.
See how to make a wooden bed with your own hands in the next video.