While improving the apartment, it is important to pay attention to each room, and the bathroom in this row is far from the last place. To be able to take a shower with comfort and do all the necessary procedures for a modern person is extremely important, therefore it is necessary to choose the right cabin for this room.
The size of each living room implies the number of objects that can fit into it, and the bathroom is no exception.
A bathroom is not only a place for taking water procedures and washing things, but also a room where you can be alone for some time, relax and rest. A room with a bathroom of any size installed in it is best suited for this, but not in all apartments it is possible. Dimensions may be too small to fit in one space and the bathroom, and the washing machine, and cabinets for all kinds of little things. That is why more and more often resort to the installation of corner showers.
This type of device allows you to save space as much as possible without reducing the convenient space for taking a shower. Thanks to different design options and sizes, you can easily choose exactly what you need for a particular room. Given the characteristics of people living in the apartment, you can install a booth with a high or low pallet. The latter option will be especially convenient if the repair is done for people of age or with disabilities.
As for the location of the cabin, the far corner of the shower will be the best place, because the structure will not block the passage, visually increase the dimensions of the room and make it possible to install a washing machine or cabinet next to it.
When choosing a shower, you need to pay attention to different details. It can be semicircular structures that are mounted to the corner of the shower, or full booths, where it is possible to install a large number of different programs, both for swimming and for relaxing procedures.
Of the main advantages of showers are:
- profitability and the possibility of placement even in very small rooms;
- low water consumption compared to taking a bath;
- expansion of space and the ability to equip it with additional and necessary elements;
- small time costs for the adoption of water procedures (especially important in a large family or in conditions of cohabitation of a large number of people);
- the ability to choose the size, color, texture and material from which the booth will be made;
- the opportunity to create a unique style of the bathroom.
There are disadvantages in these devices, which are also important to talk about.
- the inability to take a bath, although with large dimensions of the pallet, you can take water procedures reclining or sitting;
- depressurization of the seams that connect the semicircular structure to the corner of the bathroom;
- the risk of mold on the walls of the bathroom, if not boxing is used, but the angular design of the cabin.
The shower cabin is a relatively new type of structure that has modern systems for a comfortable and useful shower. In addition, it is possible to make it also enjoyable by installing music or an aroma lamp in the booth.
The cabin itself is quite simple in design, among its components can be distinguished:
- cabin frame;
- partitions with walls;
- doors or curtains;
- shower heads.
If we talk about sizes, that is, standard options that are used most often. But you can find much more unusual shapes and dimensions, which depends primarily on the size of the room in which such a shower will be installed. The standard sizes include: 90x90, 120x80, 80x80, 70x70. The size of the structure depends on the free space and the type of cabin itself, because it can be square, rectangular, semicircular. Among the original forms, one can distinguish a pentagonal type and a square with one rounded side.
There is a certain standard for the dimensions of the cabin, which can vary depending on the conditions in which the cabin will be located. The width of the pallet of average dimensions ranges from 80 cm to two meters, and the height can be 2 or more meters, depending on the ceilings. Products may have a roof or may remain open from above.
A booth with the dimensions of a 90x90 pallet will be slightly larger than the standard norm, which will allow you to get more pleasant sensations from water procedures. But it is extremely important to measure out the shower space so that a new object fits into it. The 100x100 booth will be even more convenient for taking a shower, and with a high pallet you can also get in it, as in a bathroom. Usually, such constructions are installed in private houses or large bathrooms of an apartment, but you can place products in a small room, but in this case there will be no space left for other necessary things.
There are intermediate sizes: 100x70, 100x80, 110x80, 110x90, 120x80. They require a custom cab design. It is most convenient if it has a rectangular type, although it can also be made semicircular. The use of glass or plastic partitions and doors in any case will create a light and weightless design that will not seem out of place in a small room.
When the size of the bathroom allows you to organize a large swimming area, you can safely use the booths with dimensions 120x80 and 120x90, in which you can safely make a universal design with a high pallet. He will simultaneously serve as a bathtub. Having properly equipped the booth and the pallet itself, you can not only bathe, but also make yourself a hydromassage session, arrange bath procedures with aromatic oils, and also complete the steam box to get the effect of a sauna without leaving your home.
Not all apartments and houses have at their disposal such large areas for installing large cabins. Often you have to resort to the inverse effect of reducing the standard dimensions to a minimum, which can be: 60x60, 75x75, 70x90. This option should be chosen if people with a normal complexion take a shower, who do not like to spend a lot of time in a shower booth. Therefore, a large space for them will not become a necessity.
Thus, the standard sizes of bathroom cabins are the most common and in demand, but there are deviations from such options. Everyone chooses a place for swimming, based on personal motives, the availability of free space and the functions that the booth will carry. Shape is also important when choosing a size. Semicircular options are more often performed with equal length walls. For rectangular options, the norm is the elongated side near the wall of the bathroom and shorter, going into the interior, for example, 80x100 or 120x80.
How to choose the optimal dimensions?
When planning a shower for a particular bathroom, it is important to weigh all factors and make the best decision.
Important indicators will be some nuances.
- The right choice of cabin dimensions. The room should have a place for a washing machine, storage of various things, or at least for repair and prevention of the shower cabin itself. Having other plumbing nearby, it is important not to leave too little space between it and the shower.
- Do not neglect the quality of the product, although the price of it depends on this. If you choose a warrant cheaper, then there is a risk of short-term use of the structure and periodically occurring problem situations. In more expensive booths, the plumbing itself, the material of the hull, pallet and other elements are several times better.
- The choice of additional functions in the booth should be thought out in advance. If it is not possible to use something other than a simple soul, then you should not spend money on it. In the case when residents of a house or apartment like to visit a bathhouse or sauna, you can make yourself the exact same effect by choosing the additional features correctly.
- When choosing a booth, you should pay attention to the manufacturers and the conditions that they offer. You can very profitably buy a product that will be assembled and tested for free, or you can independently search for those who will supply the equipment and check it. As a promotion, it is possible to receive free home delivery.
- If a shower corner will be created on its own, it is important to consider many nuances. If you already have considerable experience in such work, then everything will be done without problems, and for a beginner you need qualified help, advice on all issues and support at each stage of work.
- If possible, it is advisable to make a small repair in the bathroom before installing the cabin, removing the old floor covering and equipping the floor with a layer of waterproofing. This will protect neighbors from the risk of being flooded and you from unplanned financial expenses.
In order to be able to choose the right shower stall in your bathroom, you need to understand how to calculate the dimensions of the device relative to the room itself.
According to the standards, there are certain sizes of such a room, less than which it is impractical to make a bathroom:
- The ceilings should be above two meters, usually 2.5 meters.
- The minimum width of the bathroom should be 80 cm, the maximum is chosen by anyone.
- The length of the bathroom should be at least 120 cm to accommodate at least a small shower area. The maximum can be any.
The layout of the bathroom allows you to correctly select all the plumbing and arrange it so that it is convenient to use. If the toilet with the bathroom is combined, it is important to correctly leave a space between each object in the room so that you can use it without any difficulty. There should be a minimum of 30 cm between the sink and the booth, and the sink from the toilet should be located at a distance of 20 cm. The same distance would be appropriate if there is a shower near the toilet.
A sink with a bathtub can be placed close so that it is convenient to perform hygienic procedures, even 5 cm will be a sufficient distance between objects. If there is a need to install two washbasins in the bathroom, then there must be a minimum of 30 cm of distance between them so that two inhabitants of the apartment can comfortably wash themselves.
As for the dimensions of the cabin, they must be carefully selected based on the dimensions of the room. It is very important to make multiple measurements and take into account all the nuances that arise during installation and operation.
When planning a purchase of plumbing, especially as expensive and dimensional as a shower cabin, it is important to pay attention to manufacturers, learn about them as much as possible, to have all the information about the advantages and disadvantages of their products and make the right choice. Leading European representatives produce the highest quality sanitary ware, and you can buy it in various countries.
Germany produces reliable shower enclosures that meet the quality standard recognized in Europe. Parts of such devices are made of high quality materials, which not only have a long service life, but also excellent external characteristics.
The combination of reliability and style is the main hallmark of German plumbing and, in particular, shower stalls. A small drawback of such equipment is its price, because for true German quality there has always been a large fee. The most popular manufacturers can be called brands: Huppe, Lagard, Orange, Elegansa.
Each manufacturer presents a huge assortment, from which you can choose a booth with a minimum set of functions, but at a reasonable price, or with a variety of tasks. Their list includes hydromassage, steam room, massage jets and much more. The cost of such options is much higher, but for true connoisseurs of quality and comfort, it is justified.
Another country that has a large selection of plumbing of the highest quality is the Czech Republic. It always made high-quality products, which also had a unique design. He became the fashion model in the world of plumbing. The Caro brand is considered the most popular, but Luxus and Ravak are gaining momentum.
The Czech Republic will also be a leader in the production of shower cabins , because with high quality products, prices are not too high, and almost everyone can afford to buy a shower cubicle. Since work on the production of sanitary ware in this country has been going on for many generations, nowadays there is a huge variety of model range made in various styles and colors. There are models with a minimum set of functions and multifunctional ones that will please even the most sophisticated buyer.
Slovenia, which also produces plumbing and shower cabins for a long time, which are popular all over the world due to its quality and reasonable prices, is not inferior to the above countries. All European standards are embodied in the products of Braus, which is the leader in the Slovenian market. Products have a variety of both functional and external packaging, which makes it possible to fit the booth into any interior and make it a decoration of the bathroom.
Russia does not lag behind the aforementioned countries , which is also actively pushing its products to European markets. Of the inexpensive models, Chinese cabs are also popular, which have an attractive appearance.
If we talk about more expensive shower cabins, then Finland is headed by the rating, where the quality of the goods, price and all indicators are evaluated by consumers at the highest level. The second place is taken by Germany with the invariable quality of its products, but at rather high prices, and Italy closes the top three. It was this country that was one of the first to start producing shower cabins, which is why there are much more developments, and there are no equal products from Italy in matters of safety.
When planning a choice of shower, it is worth looking at the brands that are currently popular and available in the store, read reviews about them and the main characteristics of the models. This will allow you not to be deceived when buying.
The main task in choosing a shower cabin is to find a compromise between price and quality, so that the device lasts as long as possible and makes you happy with every use.
See how to choose a model of shower cabin in the next video.