It seems that the table, as the main piece of furniture, has always existed. Of course, not the same as today's multifunctional models developed by manufacturers, but the subject on which food was placed and served as an association for many households appeared back in ancient times.
Today there are more than enough options for choosing a stylish and comfortable table. Fashion is changing, as are trends in the interior, and this forces furniture designers to improve and come up with models that can combine not only the option of eating.
A dining table, a writing table, a changing table, a coffee table, rectangular, square and round shapes - there are a lot of opportunities to arrange your life. Let's look at a very popular model - a round folding table.
A table, standing on one leg or on several, different colors and possibilities, small folding or folding - ideal for both tea drinking and friendly gatherings. Its main advantage is the form - disposable, providing psychological comfort, without sharp corners. The round shape has gained popularity since the time of King Arthur, when rectangular tables were set one after another in the shape of a circle to create the effect of equality.
A round table is not uncommon in many families, whose members often meet during feasts or do homework with the kids in the evenings, and play board games at the weekend. What do we gain by choosing a round product? First of all, they are spacious, multifunctional and practical.
In order not to make a mistake in choosing comfortable furniture, you need to remember about important parameters - large tables fit perfectly into spacious living rooms or on huge terraces. Choosing a table in the kitchen, again, the dimensions of the room are taken into account.
In order to use the room area more wisely and more functionally, it is necessary to choose a folding table or a transformer table. Let's consider each separately.
The classic version, used in the Soviet years, is a sliding model. The round table extends into two halves, and in the middle the central part is installed, as a result of which the table increases in size and takes an oval shape.
Changing the countertops can be presented in various ways:
- when extended, the product halves may “come out” one from under the other;
- the edges of the circle of the table are laid out into several fragments and removed down;
- when the table is extended, the edges of the tabletop in the form of petals appear, as a result of which the area of the product becomes several times larger.
Folding models are popular in a small apartment: before using them in full size, they occupy a very modest place and fit perfectly into the interior of a small "Khrushchev". These are, for example, the well - known book tables , which are fixed in the unfolded form thanks to the mobile sidewalls. True, this is not always convenient, but functional. Moreover, you can not lay out both halves at once, but only one - this will increase the diameter of the table, but it will not take up much space. Then the table simply folds in half and again becomes almost “invisible”.
Models with a rotary tabletop should be rotated almost 90 degrees to appear "in all its glory." Moreover, many models are adjustable in height, which is very convenient when using.
See how the tabletop mechanism comes into action in the next video.
A transforming table is an ideal option. Its design consists of three components: a countertop, on which you can place various objects, a leg and a king, called the underframe. Sometimes such models visually just resemble a bedside table, which, thanks to simple manipulations, turns into a full-fledged model that can “receive” a considerable number of guests.
Hinged transformer models are mounted to the wall, and the tabletop, if necessary, is tilted and fixed using the sidewalls. Bed tables are the know-how of modern manufacturers: the bed itself rises vertically and hides in a niche, and instead of it there is space for work. Such a table is the perfect solution for a small apartment.
There are a huge number of varieties of round patterns. Having decided on the design of the room, you can consider both classic options and exclusive ones:
- For example, a spinning table or a table with adjustable height is a very practical solution for a children's room. Such a model can be a ready-made solution for children of any age. Moreover, it is safe - climbing under such a construction behind a rolled toy, the child will not be able to injure himself against sharp corners.
- Many designers consider round designs with one leg an aesthetic option - such furniture can decorate the kitchen, the bedroom, and the luxurious living room. Unlike rectangular ones, they are not so bulky, do not take up much space.
Selecting chairs for such tables on one leg, you will create a unique set that can give a special chic to your room. And if the furniture still rotates around its axis, then this is even more convenient: the passage in a small room is not cluttered.
- If your structure is attached to the wall , then one “leg” again saves space. By the way, the product leg can be elegant, “lace” in shape, and in some models, a massive support will give a “twist” to your interior.
Tables of any shape today are made from various materials, which determine all the basic possibilities of furniture.
Today, manufacturers offer:
- Tables made of wood . This, of course, is a classic that has been used for centuries. This fact is explained by the durability of the material, which retains its original appearance, despite the long years of service. Species of trees used for the production of round tables are, of course, oak, pine, ash and larch.
However, wood models should avoid moisture and cuts on them. But it is wood that lends itself well to repainting and updating. An important factor in choosing wooden structures is the fact that wood is an environmentally friendly material, almost always hypoallergenic.
- Glass constructions - airy, graceful, they can become an original solution in your room. True, many doubt their durability and reliability, but with proper care, such tables can last for many years. Moreover, glass today undergoes a special tempering procedure. Plus, glass models can be painted in any color, which makes them indispensable in exclusive interiors.
Of course, caring for the glass requires some effort - the spots on it are rubbed more thoroughly using microfiber, but they absolutely “react” to liquids. Glass tops are afraid of cuts, but they look very elegant. If you are not satisfied with the “coldness” of the material and an unpleasant creak when sliding the dishes, decorate your glass sliding table with napkins of different material - from linen, bamboo and you will make your room unique.
- Combined glass tables are becoming more popular among today's designers. A stylish wooden leg or chromed steel leg will help transform your product. The same can be said about a stone underframe or made of plastic, forged or woven, there are a great many options, most importantly, your imagination and possibilities.
- Plastic tables are a very economical option. Such furniture can be very bright and not require special care. Typically, such models fit perfectly into the summer cottage theme or in a spacious kitchen. Ideal for spacious verandas, where you can enjoy a cup of tea with loved ones.
Such designs will fit perfectly into the room, where often there are small children, for them such furniture is absolutely safe.
- Folding worktops with ceramic tiles will solve all the problems in the kitchen - you can safely put hot dishes on such a surface. Cuts and cuts are not scary, which will significantly extend the life of the furniture. True, the weight of this design is noticeably greater than that of analogues from other materials, so it will be difficult to move it from room to room if necessary.
- Budget option are models from MDF or particleboard. Despite the cheapness, such tables are very attractive and are not afraid of high temperature, however, within 120 degrees.
Today's manufacturers offer a wide range of colors for round tables. You can choose any option, depending on your preferences and room design:
- As usual, natural shades are in fashion . A folding table in the color of natural wood will instantly transform, turning from a small to a massive one, capable of "sheltering" a large company of relatives and friends.
- Colorless varnish can emphasize the natural structure of wood . If the design of your room is decorated in bright colors, then choose a model of oak, alder, pine or maple.
- Need a color with a red ? Then you can use furniture made from wood of apple, cherry or Italian walnut. Dark colors from rosewood and mahogany plus varnish of dark colors.
- It is clear that if your kitchen is in light colors, then its central part - the round table should not be dark. However, if your interior is built on contrasting colors, then a table in exactly the opposite color will look good. And in the event that all the furniture in the room is dark, a light table can visually increase the space.
- The white table is a worthy decoration of any interior: both dark and light. White solid wood furniture will not leave indifferent any guest.
Which to choose?
When choosing a table model in your home, remember some tips from designers:
- The interior is decorated in a classic style with a wooden sliding table resting on a carved curly leg. This tree can be replaced with a model from MDF.
- The folding white table is ideal in the Provence style kitchen. The glass structure in this situation will give the room a touch of modernity.
- Lovers of the loft style are advised to opt for a model of metal or wood for a living room that looks like a rough workbench or element of a factory interior.