Loudspeaker megaphones are devices that are used in many different areas of human life. Thanks to them, you can distribute sound over long distances. Today in our article we will consider the features of these devices, as well as get acquainted with the most popular models.
Loudspeaker megaphones are devices that can convert electrical signals into sound. In this case, the horn spreads the sound at certain distances. The design of the device consists of a number of irreplaceable parts: radiating heads (they play the role of a sound source) and acoustic design (it is necessary to ensure sound propagation).
Devices called megaphone loudspeakers are divided into different categories depending on their characteristics. So, for example, depending on the type of sound emission, the speakers can be divided into the following options:
- electrodynamic (a distinctive feature is the presence of a coil, which acts as a diffuser, this variety is considered the most common and in demand among users);
- electrostatic (the main work in these devices is performed by special thin membranes);
- piezoelectric (they function thanks to the so-called piezoelectric effect);
- electromagnetic (magnetic field is important);
- ionophone (air vibrations appear due to electric charge).
Thus, there are a large number of speakers, among which you will have to choose the most optimal device that meets all your individual needs.
Types and Models
Today on the market you can find a large number of types and models of horns (for example, a hand-held horn device, a device with a battery, a direct radiation loudspeaker, a diffuser assembly, etc.).
These types of devices are distinguished:
- single -band - they operate in a single range of sound frequencies;
- multiband - the heads of the device can work in several ranges of sound frequencies;
- horn - in these devices the role of acoustic design is performed by a hard horn.
Consider the most popular and popular models of megaphone loudspeakers among consumers.
This model belongs to the category of mini-devices, as it has a very compact size - respectively, it can be easily transported from place to place. At the same time, the device has the functions of voice warning and siren. In order to power the speaker, you only need 6 AA batteries. The maximum sound range of the device is 50 meters. The package includes not only the megaphone itself, but also the capacity for batteries, instructions and a warranty card.
This unit has an expanded functional content . For example, it can work as an MP3 player, and is also equipped with a special USB port. At the same time, playing music will not interfere with the basic functions of the device, since it can play in the background. The maximum sound range is 0.5 kilometers, which is 10 times more than this characteristic of the device described above. You can turn on the loudspeaker using a special trigger located on the handle.
The device is powered by 8 D type batteries. There is a volume control function and the “Siren” parameter. The loudspeaker can operate continuously for 8 hours.
The design has a special remote microphone, so it is not necessary to hold the device constantly in your hands. The kit includes a carrying strap, which increases the ease of use of the model.
A loudspeaker is perfect for holding and managing a mass event on the street. The device is capable of reproducing frequencies in the range from 100Hz to 10KHz. The manufacturer has envisioned the use of rechargeable type C batteries. A charger is included with the megaphone, thanks to which it is possible to recharge by means of a car cigarette lighter.
The power of the device is 10 watts. The functions of the model include speech, siren, volume control. The unit is quite durable and powerful, its body is made of ABS plastic, which makes it shockproof.
This device is chosen by those who need a fairly simple speaker without additional functional features.
Accordingly, a large number of models are presented on the market, so each user will be able to choose a megaphone that will suit all parameters.
Where are they used?
Depending on the functional features of megaphone loudspeakers, they can be used in a variety of areas of human life.
- As an indispensable link in electronic devices (both domestic and professional), acoustic devices are used.
- Subscriber devices are needed for reproducing channel transmissions with low frequencies of a wire broadcasting network.
- If you need a device with maximum volume and high quality sound transmission , you should give preference to devices related to the category of concert.
- For the correct functioning of warning systems and evacuation control, there are 3 types of units: for ceiling, walls and panel. Depending on the specific needs, one or another option should be chosen.
- Particularly powerful appliances are used as street loudspeakers. People call them “bell”.
- Units that have additional functional features (in particular, shockproof, explosion-proof and other systems) are designed for use in extreme conditions.
Thus, we can conclude that the megaphone loudspeaker is used for a variety of purposes. It is an integral device for representatives of a large number of professions (for example, for employees of the Ministry of Emergencies).
Comparison of models of megaphone-loudspeakers RM-5SZ, RM-10SZ, RM-14SZ in the video below.