Even the most powerful spin of modern washing machines does not always allow you to completely dry the laundry, and the range of options with a built-in dryer is still too small. Therefore, it is worth considering the main features and varieties of Electrolux dryers, as well as finding out the main advantages and disadvantages of this technique.
Features of drying machines Electrolux
The Swedish company Electrolux is well known in the Russian market as a manufacturer of high-quality household appliances. The main advantages of the tumble dryers and clothes produced by her are:
- reliability, which is ensured by high build quality and the use of durable materials;
- safety, which is confirmed by the quality certificates received in the EU and the Russian Federation;
- high-quality and safe drying of products from most fabrics;
- energy efficiency - it is famous for all the technology of Swedish production (the country has high environmental standards that force to reduce energy consumption);
- combination of compactness and capacity - thoughtful design will significantly increase the usable volume of the machine body;
- multifunctionality - most models are equipped with useful additional functions like a shoe dryer and a mode of refreshment;
- ease of operation due to ergonomic design and informative indicators and displays;
- low noise level relative to analogs (up to 66 dB).
The main disadvantages of these products are:
- air heating in the room where they are installed;
- high price relative to Chinese counterparts;
- the need for care of the heat exchanger in order to avoid its failure.
Currently, the range of the Swedish concern includes two main varieties of drying machines, namely: models with a heat pump and condensation type devices. The first option is characterized by lower energy consumption, and the second involves the condensation of the liquid formed during drying in a separate container , which facilitates its removal and avoids increasing humidity in the room where the device is installed. Let's consider both categories in more detail.
With heat pump
This variety includes models from the PerfectCare 800 series of energy efficiency class A ++ with a stainless steel drum.
- EW8HR357S is the basic model of the 0.9 kW series with a depth of 63.8 cm, a load of up to 7 kg, an LCD touch screen and many drying programs for different types of fabrics (cotton, denim, synthetics, wool, silk). There is a “refresh” function, as well as a delayed start. There are automatic parking and locking the drum, as well as its internal LED lighting. The Delicate Care system allows you to smoothly control the temperature and speed, the Gentle Care function provides drying temperatures up to 2 times lower than many analogues, and SensiCare technology automatically adjusts the drying time depending on the humidity of the laundry.
- EW8HR458B - differs from the base model with a capacity of up to 8 kg.
- EW8HR358S is an analog of the previous version, equipped with a condensate drain system.
- EW8HR359S - has an increased load up to 9 kg.
- EW8HR259ST - the capacity of this model is 9 kg with similar dimensions. The model has an enlarged touch screen.
The kit includes a drain hose to remove condensate and a removable shelf for drying shoes.
- EW8HR258B - differs from the previous version by loading up to 8 kg and a premium touch screen model, which makes operation even simpler and more intuitive.
This variety is represented by the PerfectCare 600 line with energy efficiency class B and a zinc drum.
- EW6CR527P is a compact machine with dimensions of 85x59.6x57 cm and a capacity of 7 kg with a depth of 59.4 cm and a power of 2.25 kW. There are separate programs for drying bedding, delicate types of fabrics, cotton and denim, as well as a “refresh” mode and a delayed start. A small touch screen is installed, most of the control functions are located on the buttons and handles.
It supports SensiCare technology, which automatically stops drying when a user pre-set laundry humidity level is reached.
- EW6CR428W - by increasing the depth from 57 to 63 cm, this option allows you to load up to 8 kg of linen and clothes. It also features an enlarged display with a large number of control functions and an expanded list of drying programs.
The company also offers 2 product options with a capacitor that are not part of the PerfectCare 600 line.
- EDP2074GW3 is a model from the old FlexCare line with features similar to the EW6CR527P. It features a less effective technology for monitoring humidity and a drum made of stainless steel.
- TE1120 is a semi-professional version with a capacity of 2.8 kW with a depth of 61.5 cm and a load of up to 8 kg. The mode is selected manually.
Installation and Connection Tips
When installing a new dryer, it is important to carefully follow all the recommendations of the instructions for its use. The first thing after removing the factory packaging is to carefully inspect the product, and if there are obvious signs of damage on it, it should never be connected to the network.
The temperature in the room where the dryer will be used must not be lower than + 5 ° С and not higher than + 35 ° С, and it must also be well ventilated. When choosing a place to install the device, you need to make sure that the flooring on it is quite even and durable, as well as resistant to high temperatures that may occur when using the machine. The position of the legs on which the equipment will stand should provide stable ventilation of its bottom. Do not block ventilation openings. For the same reason, you should not park the car very close to the wall, but leaving too much clearance is also undesirable.
When mounting the drying unit on top of an installed washing machine, only an installation kit certified by Electrolux must be used, which can be obtained from its authorized dealers. If you want to integrate the dryer into furniture, then make sure that after installation it is possible to fully open its door .
After installing the machine, you need to level it with the floor using a level by adjusting the height of its legs. To connect to the mains, you need to use a socket with a ground line. You can only connect the plug of the machine directly to the socket - the use of doubles, extension cords and splitters can lead to overloading the socket and its failure. It is possible to put things in the drum only after they are fully pressed in the washing machine. If you washed with a stain remover, it is worth performing an additional rinse cycle.
Do not clean the drum with aggressive and abrasive products, it is best to use a normal damp cloth.
Most owners of Electrolux dryers in their reviews praise the reliability and effectiveness of this technique. The main advantages of such machines, both specialists and ordinary users, consider the speed and quality of drying, a high class of energy efficiency, a large number of modes for different types of fabrics, as well as the absence of creasing and drying out things thanks to modern control systems.
Despite the fact that the drying machines of the Swedish company take up even less space than their counterparts, many owners of this equipment consider their large size to be their main drawback . In addition, even the noise level compared to most competitors during their operation seems to some owners to be too high. Sometimes the criticism is also caused by the high level of prices for European equipment relative to Asian counterparts. Finally, some users find the routine cleaning of the heat exchanger too complicated.
For how to use the Electrolux EW6CR428W tumble dryer correctly, see the next video.