House verandas are used for family tea drinking, quiet solitude. Huge windows that completely fill the room with light create a magical atmosphere of comfort in these outbuildings. Sliding windows made of aluminum are used for installation on porches, arbors or balconies. Aluminum structures are distinguished from ordinary double-glazed windows by significant space savings, which can greatly increase the functionality of the room.
The glazing of balconies and verandas is very relevant for harsh Russian climatic conditions. You can’t relax on the open terrace or in the gazebo year-round, but the closed room is just suitable for year-round recreation. The glazed veranda can always be insulated, so the insulated balcony or veranda turns into an additional living room. This advantage is used by many homeowners who glaze the verandas with a sliding structure or panoramic window systems.
These types of windows perform important functions:
- provide a comfortable microclimate;
- create a cozy atmosphere;
- create a barrier to various insects;
- protect the room from various atmospheric precipitations.
Often aluminum structures are installed on the veranda and balcony. Aluminum windows are quite effective and convenient, another thing is also important - such designs perfectly protect the room from extreme cold.
Verandas, terraces or balconies can be with central heating , and can remain unheated. Accordingly, the temperature inside the room is dependent on the temperature indicator outside the window. Recessed window structures insulate the veranda.
Modern aluminum windows perfectly protect rooms, while there is no heat loss and no greenhouse effect is created in the room.
Another important advantage of sliding structures is called easy washing. Aluminum windows practically do not collect dust and dirt, sliding shutters remain clean for a long time.
A variety of production technologies allow for the production of glazing a wide variety of designs.
Sliding design specifics
Usually arbors and balconies are glazed with wooden frames, only modern style obliges design specialists to use the most original and multifunctional models. So it turns out to combine the facade of the house directly with the adjacent territory, creating a kind of transition zone. The most effective protection for such unheated cold rooms is the sliding design.
Similar systems are of two types:
A key advantage of installing sliding door or window blocks is considered a spacious workspace. As a result, more natural light enters the room.
In addition, glass inserts perfectly echo any style of interior.
Typically, a balcony or terrace of non-standard geometries is glazed precisely with a sliding structure. This option is appropriate for broken or rounded arbors or verandas.
An unusual and convenient system is called window frames with a lifting-sliding type mechanism. This design of window blocks is popular because of the high level of thermal insulation and sound insulation. By the way, windows with similar mechanisms are very interesting and look quite original.
Sliding structures made of aluminum are quite simple to install and operate. This option will be the best for an unheated room that needs protection from heavy rain or extraneous noise.
The main advantage of aluminum is its resistance to corrosion. The small weight of the aluminum window unit will not overload the supports or floors of the gazebo or terrace, and this allows the use of structures even for installation in two-story buildings.
Thanks to the elegant aluminum profile, it is possible to create a sophisticated addition to the terrace or gazebo. In a room with such glazing, flower beds and greenhouses will look great.
Aluminum frames are quite thin, but the glass inside them has a large area due to the strength of the base. The sliding system is made of material that is completely not afraid of fire, so the window structures are fireproof. In the room, glazed with aluminum frames, you can relax all year round.
Aluminum window frames are very light, which allows them to be installed not only in new buildings, but also mounted in old buildings.
The sliding design is equipped with single or double glass. To improve the safety of heat, you need to choose the second option. High-quality installation plus reliable frames create a durable type of construction.
Aluminum is considered quite resistant to various atmospheric phenomena, is not afraid of mechanical damage. These important qualities are greatly appreciated in sliding aluminum systems. Aluminum will not burn out in the sun, will not suffer from ultraviolet rays, will not rust. There are other important advantages.
- Cheaper production. To install an aluminum structure, additional reinforcement in the form of fittings or other devices will not be necessary, and this, accordingly, affects the low price of profiles.
- Refinement and simplicity. For transparent structures, a thin type of frame is used. Such window frames are much cheaper than plastic or wooden structures. Such systems perfectly allow natural light into the room.
- Glazing of large enough openings is possible. The aluminum profile is lightweight, it allows glazing windows and doors with the longest openings. Refinement, as well as the light transmission of the window system, is fully preserved regardless of the size of the opening.
- Large selection of color palettes. The aluminum construction is easily painted with various coloring materials. Accordingly, you can easily select the design of the desired shade in the color of the facade.
- Production by individual measurements of the premises is possible. Window systems and door structures are made according to personal requests of the customer.
- Easy to operate. Sliding systems of this type can be washed periodically; fasteners are sometimes inspected for preventive purposes.
The installation of aluminum structures will allow to realize the most unusual design ideas. These window frames are considered optimal for installation in cold rooms - on verandas, terraces, balconies, greenhouses.
About what errors there are when installing aluminum windows, see the next video.