Ultrasonic washing machines managed to gain the very dubious fame of “goods from the television store” among the people - few people know how to use them, and the reviews of experts do not look very impressive. However, a review of the best models on the market convincingly proves that these products are still popular and often become the only device for caring for children's clothes or a country wardrobe. Choosing washing machines for washing with ultrasound, you can not be afraid of excessive energy consumption, mechanical damage to linen. Devices can be taken with you on a business trip or on vacation, but before you buy it is better to learn more about the features of the ultrasonic scanning system.
Device Features and Specifications
Compact tissue decontamination devices are popular around the world. UZSM or an ultrasonic washing machine is a little like a conventional unit that performs washing, cleaning functions. Instead of an electric motor with a rotating shaft, an emitter is used here, causing vibrations in the aquatic environment. The design is also quite simple. It includes:
- Ultrasound emitter, usually oval (in 1 or 2 copies);
- connecting wire;
- power supply unit responsible for network connection.
The standard weight of the device is not more than 350 g, it works from a household network with a voltage of 220 V, consumes no more than 9 kW.
Principle of operation
Ultrasound laundry machines are designed to be used as a replacement for classic automatic and semi-automatic units. They work in a confined space - in a basin or tank, higher results can be obtained in a metal container. The use of USM is based on the principle of cavitation , in which microscopic bubbles are formed in a liquid filled with a mixture of gas and steam. They arise naturally or under the influence of wave vibrations, affect objects placed in this environment.
Basically, the principle of cavitation is used in scraping metal from rust, corrosion, and other contaminants. In the case of non-metallic objects, the lack of reflectivity leads to the fact that the efficiency of the device is significantly reduced. In addition, the temperature of the environment is of great importance: ultrasonic washing machines work better with its indicators from +40 to +55 degrees.
In cold water, they are practically useless. When creating ideal conditions, it is believed that UZSM not only wash away contaminants, but also kill pathogenic microflora by disinfecting clothes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other type of household appliance, ultrasonic washing machines have their advantages and disadvantages. Their obvious advantages include such points.
- Compact size. Miniature technology provides easy storage and transportation.
- Respect for clothing . The equipment does not come into mechanical contact with the laundry, there is no friction.
- Removing stains without curing . With certain efforts, this can be achieved even with pollution belonging to the category of complex ones - traces of grass, juice, wine.
- Tissue disinfection. It is relevant for allergy sufferers, as well as for the care of baby clothes.
- The ability to process membrane materials and thermal underwear , which machine wash is contraindicated.
- Minimized washing costs. You can reduce the dosage of synthetic detergent and get a good result.
- High security. The appliance is reliably isolated, with proper use, you can not be afraid of electric shock.
There are also enough shortcomings. For example, using such a device it is possible to wash exceptionally small batches of linen - a duvet cover or a plaid can not be put in order. The obvious disadvantages include the lack of the usual effect of freshness after washing. In addition, the service life of such devices is small, after 6-12 months they require replacement.
Among the manufacturers of popular washing machines with an ultrasonic type of elements , the most famous and advertised brands can be distinguished.
- "Retona . " Tomsk Research and Production Association produces UZSM devices under the Retona brand. The company was one of the first to be interested in the possibilities of ultrasound in the framework of domestic applications. With the help of brand equipment it is proposed to wash even voluminous, heavy things. In addition, the brand produces a variety of medical devices for healing the body.
- Nevoton. The company from St. Petersburg produces the device under the brand name "Ultraton" - one of the most famous options for an ultrasonic machine. The scientific and production association is constantly improving its development, is included in the list of leading manufacturers of medical equipment. The company establishes affordable prices for its products, and produces products for branding by other companies.
- LLC Technolider (Ryazan) . The Russian brand working in the field of development of ultrasonic technologies. The company produces the Pony Ladomir Acoustics ultrasound control system, which is compact in size and additionally uses acoustic vibrations. The equipment destroys fungi and bacteria, provides disinfection, restoration of color of linen.
- OJSC "Elpa". The company produces Hummingbirds - an ultrasonic washing machine with compact dimensions and ample opportunities for care of linen. One of the market leaders in consumer reviews.
- International Economic Center "Dunes". The company has developed and quite successfully launches the Dune apparatus. According to its characteristics, it differs little from other offers on the market, uses only ultrasonic vibrations, is recommended for use when caring for products from delicate materials.
These enterprises are considered market leaders, but there are other companies that also produce ultrasonic devices for domestic use.
How to choose?
When choosing an ultrasonic washing machine, you should not rely solely on loud advertising slogans or promises. It will be much more important to make sure that the equipment really matches the parameters declared for it. Among the important selection criteria, we note the following.
- Country of origin. It is better to give preference to Russian developments than their unknown counterparts from Chinese online stores. Chinese goods are too fragile.
- The number of emitters . In many modern cars there are 2 of them, but this is more likely due to the desire to increase the power of the product when washing in large volumes of water. Cardinally, efficiency does not change. For washing baby diapers and vests, the classic version with 1 piezoceramic element is still enough.
- Brand fame. Of course, it is better to purchase such goods not in the "telemarket", but directly from the manufacturer. But here there are some peculiarities: many brands that are actively investing in advertising simply consciously raise prices, positioning their product as exclusive. It is worth remembering: the cost of the product does not exceed 10 USD.
- The presence of an additional vibroacoustic module . It provides additional benefits, makes the device more efficient.
- Customer reviews. This is one of the most objective sources of information when it comes to ultrasonic washing machines.
- Contact wire length. Its maximum performance usually does not exceed 3-5 m, which means that you will have to carry out the outlet to the bathroom.
- Expediency of purchase. The miniature assistant is not able to completely replace the automatic washing machine. But as an auxiliary tool for the care of linen, she is fully justified.
Given all these points, you can choose the right version of the ultrasonic washing machine for home use without unnecessary hassle and cost.
In order for the washing with UZSM to be successful, it is worth paying attention to the correctness of its application from the very beginning. It is imperative to check the operability of the equipment at the first start-up, carefully monitor that the direction of the wave is correct and not wasted . The technician always gives optimal results when washing in an enameled basin, since the reflective properties of metals are higher. In a plastic container, it is better to divide the laundry into smaller batches.
The preparatory phase is an important component of the successful use of the ultrasonic machine. Among the important points we can distinguish such.
- Thoroughly check all contacts and connections . They should not have damage, traces of soot, tears and extraneous twists.
- After being influenced by negative atmospheric temperatures, the device must be left for a while at room temperature so that it warms up to safe values. Otherwise, there will be a high risk of a short circuit.
- Mandatory learning instructions . It may include important information regarding the specific model of ultrasound equipment. The difference may even be in the recommended weight of the laundry and the temperature of the water.
- Sort items by color and material . White and black clothes are washed in separate batches, similar in tone color can be launched together. Shedding, poorly stained items are washed separately.
- Pre-processing. Difficult debris must be wiped in advance with a stain remover. Wash collars and cuffs for better cleaning.
The washing process with an ultrasonic machine looks quite simple. In the prepared container - a basin with an enameled or polymer coating, the tank is filled with water with a temperature of +40 degrees and above, but not boiling water. Detergent is added to it. It is not recommended to use powdered SMS with the prefix "bio" , because when processed with ultrasound, they can give the smell of decaying organics. Manufacturers of ultrasonic washing machines even recommend using exclusively gel-like formulations that provide the waves with better permeability.
Next, prepared laundry is laid, distributed evenly. The device itself is placed in the center of the tank, it must be completely covered with water, the emitter is directed upwards. After that, the machine can be connected to an outlet. After 1 hour, things are turned over.
After the exposure time, the appliance is de-energized, washed, it is recommended not to squeeze out the laundry, but rinse immediately.
The standard operating time of the device is from 1 to 6 hours. Products made of thin fabrics are removable faster than those made of dense matter. Severe contamination is best left to impact for a longer period. In water with a temperature above +40 degrees, the washing proceeds faster, but if other restrictions are set for the laundry, it is worth sticking to them.
How to check for serviceability?
You can understand that an ultrasonic washing machine really works by placing its emitter as close to the surface of the water as possible. In this case, it will be seen how an explicit flow with diverging circles forms in the tank. In addition, the operation of the device can be investigated in a practical way, washing paired things with and without a machine, and then comparing the result.
According to experts conducting research in the field of household use of ultrasound, it can be confidently stated that cavitation gives a very insignificant effect in the washing process. It can be strengthened by replacing the plastic container with a metal one by covering the laundry with a lid that reflects the ultrasonic wave. But the effect on the scale of washing, according to scientists, should be very slight.
However, consumers are not so categorical. They note that such a technique is worthy of attention and, if handled properly, is quite capable of becoming an indispensable device in the home.
According to buyers, ultrasonic washing machines do their job well with small volumes of laundry and in the case of delicate materials. With a sufficiently long wash, you can remove both yellow spots from the deodorant and stubborn organic pollution - blood, sweat, traces of grass.
When processing children's underwear, ultrasonic machines are irreplaceable at all. They additionally disinfect the surface, provide removal of complex stains. Pre-curing, according to many consumers, is not necessary. In addition, when soaking and processing voluminous things in the metal bath there is another 1 bonus - the enamel surface is also cleaned.
Complaints about the operation of devices usually arise from those who do not strictly follow the manufacturer's recommendations. For example, in cold water it will be impossible to get an impressive result, and the washing time can vary from 30 minutes to 6 hours, depending on the size of the item. The volume of water is calculated so that the laundry can fit freely. In addition, sometimes the problems are connected exclusively with the carelessness of the user himself: the technique laid down by the emitter down will not give any effect during washing.
The Biosonik ultrasonic washing machine is presented in the next video.