Folding carpentry workbench is now available on the market in various versions. These can be multifunctional, folding and folding tables for the workshop, as well as convenient mobile versions for transportation. To understand the full variety of options will help rating the best universal workbenches for carpentry.
The convenient design of the table for carpentry is the basis of comfort for the master. The folding joiner's workbench is a stationary or mobile construction capable of transforming or having folding, retractable elements. Universal models can be used for wood and metal, carpentry have a narrower focus. Ready-made workbenches are designed for installation in a garage or workshop, can be equipped with additional stands, drawers.
Foldable transformable furniture is very popular today among lovers of carpentry. On such a workbench, you can change the area of the countertop, recline or extend additional sections.
Its main difference is the increased strength of the frame structure. Most often metal is used here, scooters, and hinges have reinforced elements.
The main differences between all types of workbenches is their size and cost. In the case of folding constructions of joinery, there are other points that need to be considered. Important characteristics and details include such.
- Division into 2 parts. 1 of them is stationary, the other is mobile.
- Rotary controls. Usually these are handles that determine the position of the moving part.
- Worktop with tool holders. It is height-adjustable, often additionally has sliding parts. For its manufacture using medium density MDF, resistant to steam and moisture. Its length is 50-250 cm, width from 0.5 to 1 m.
- It is important to understand that the larger the countertop is, the higher the intensity of the load on the supporting elements will be. If a stationary model is created, its weight may exceed 100 kg. The angle of rotation also matters. If the product has such an option, its range should be from 0 to 90 degrees.
Rating of the best models
Universal folding workbench for carpentry can be collapsible or transforming , have different storage systems. Among the multifunctional tables, there are models with a metal mechanism or a coating on the working surface. The following items should definitely be included in the ranking of popular options.
- Worx Pegasus WX051. Folding workbench with a large work surface measuring 780 × 640 mm and a load capacity of up to 450 kg. Plastic worktop, aluminum frame with elements from polymeric materials. In a set of 6 clips, 2 of them for a vice. Below is a shelf.
- Black & Decker WM550-XJ. Steel workbench with a wooden working surface of a swivel type - its mobility varies in the range of 90 degrees. This is a compact, but stable and reliable model for small woodwork, the dimensions are only 610 × 472 mm with a weight of 12 kg. The frame part is equipped with a durable footboard that can support the weight of an adult. The sliding parts of the countertop can be opened up to a distance of 226 mm, the height also has an adjustment in 2 positions.
- Bosch PWB 600. Compact and lightweight carpentry workbench with an aluminum base and a working surface of a square format of 680 × 680 mm. Despite the lightweight materials, the product weighs almost like steel - 11.6 kg, has a collapsible design, focused on home craftsmen. This model has a record range of jaw opening - up to 525 mm, a square countertop is very convenient to use, but the workbench is unreasonably expensive.
- Hammer VRS100. Model with sliding jaw design and comfortable adjustment knobs. The model has a worktop dimensions of 605 × 360 mm, a height of 800 mm, and can withstand loads of up to 100 kg. On the working area there is an inch and metric marking, the rotation angle is fixed in 3 positions.
- Black & Decker WM301-XJ. The most simple model of a joiner's workbench with a folding scissor mechanism. The working surface is compact, 610 × 341 cm, height adjustment is not provided. This is the so-called “balcony” option for the simplest jobs.
How to choose?
When choosing a folding workbench for use in a home workshop, it is recommended to pay attention to a number of important parameters. These include the following points.
- Destination . If you have to work not only with wood, you should pay attention to multifunctional models.
- Design Features. Slots and gaps in the carpentry workbenches are allowed, do not affect the convenience of their operation.
- Type of countertop. For carpentry, plywood or MDF is used. If you have to carry out paint work, varnish products, it is better to give preference to countertops coated with polypropylene.
- Type of instalation. If you have to often move the structure, do not choose too heavy, bulky models. For a stationary workbench, heavy weight and massiveness, on the contrary, will be an advantage.
Given these parameters, it will be much easier to decide on the choice of a model of a joiner's workbench-transformer.
Browse the workbench of the BOSCH PWB 600 model in the next video.