Today, the furniture market is full of beds of various modifications. The trend of recent years are beautiful models with soft headboards. Similar interior items look harmonious in many interiors.
Features and Benefits
Modern furniture factories produce beautiful and high-quality beds with soft headboards. The main advantage of such models is the spectacular design. Headboards can be finished with a variety of materials: from expensive genuine leather to beautiful textiles. Each buyer will be able to choose for himself a model of a suitable style.
Soft backs are often equipped with functional components. For example, there may be a large panel with integrated shelves. Such parts are a continuation of the bed body and are made of similar materials. Models with soft headboards are suitable for children's and adult bedrooms. They can have various shapes: from standard to curly.
Similar elements of the bed often perform a decorative function . But there are also such varieties in which the backs play a functional role. For example, with their help, you can abandon a large number of decorative pillows. You can lean on the soft headboard, especially if it has a pitched shape.
Currently, double beds are complemented by soft headboards of various designs.
- Traditional are models that are a continuation of the frame. They can have different heights. Such options are the most reliable and safe, as they are attached directly to the bed. As a rule, in such furniture the headboard is made in the same direction as the whole bed.
- There are also separate soft headboards. Similar models are attached using various fasteners. There are such varieties on the market with a wide stand-alone headboard that exceeds the width of the berth.
- Recently, beds have become very widespread, complete with which are mounted soft options. They have small dimensions and are attached to the wall above the bed frame. Attachments come in many shapes. The main advantage of these heads is the ease of installation and no less simple replacement.
Soft headboards are also available in different shapes:
- The most popular are rightly recognized square and rectangular models.
- For many ensembles, beds with rounded headboards and footboards are suitable. Such furniture is especially relevant when it comes to a children's bedroom, as it is less traumatic.
- A bed with a curly soft headboard will transform and decorate the interior of the room.
- If you want to complement the bedroom with an original and non-standard bed, then you should take a closer look at products with headboards in the shape of a crown.
Today, multifunctional tall models are very popular, in which the headboard has a continuation with shelves, a pedestal and niches attached to it. These options are relevant if you do not have a bedroom with a large area. Using such furniture, you can abandon wall shelves and cabinets. Sometimes racks with many compartments, shelves and drawers are installed behind the beds. In such spaces you can arrange various decorative elements, photographs, vases, figurines, books, magazines, etc.
Beautiful backs can be complemented by upholstery made of different materials.
- The most popular and beautiful models are rightfully recognized, trimmed with leather of natural origin. As a rule, such beds are expensive, but they last a very long time. The main advantage of genuine leather is its durability. The headboard with such an upholstery is quite difficult to scratch or tear.
Natural material does not lose its attractive appearance over time. He is not afraid of temperature extremes and direct sunlight. Leather backs have a rich appearance. With the help of a bed with such an addition, one can emphasize the status and aristocracy of the interior. It is worth noting the fact that genuine leather upholstery will be in harmony with many styles: from classic to rococo. If the leather headboard you can not afford, then do not despair. Modern manufacturers offer more affordable products, trimmed with leather substitute and eco-friendly leather.
- Leatherette is rougher than genuine leather. It is distinguished by its density and characteristic texture. In terms of its external characteristics, leatherette largely repeats genuine leather. However, this synthetic material is less wear-resistant and durable. It easily scratches and scuffs.
Furniture with such details is not recommended to be exposed in direct sunlight. Under such conditions, a skin substitute may lose color brightness. Furniture with such a headboard should be protected from temperature extremes, otherwise it may crack.
- The most modern and common material is eco-leather . Furniture with such finishes is inexpensive, but looks beautiful. The main advantage of this high-tech raw material is its attractive appearance. Eco-friendly skin is much softer and more pleasant to the touch than rough leatherette. She is also very elastic.
It is worth noting that such paintings are easy to process. Today there are home decoration trimmed in eco-leather of various shades. Experts recommend protecting such material from mechanical damage. It easily scratches and other defects, since it is quite thin.
Many consumers note the fact that over time, the headboards with such upholstery lose their brightness. These disadvantages have products trimmed with low-quality and poorly processed eco-leather. That is why experts recommend purchasing furniture only from well-known and popular manufacturers. The main advantage of leather trim is its unpretentiousness. Dust and dirt from the surface of this material can be removed using a normal damp cloth and soap solution. However, it is recommended to eliminate defects immediately after their occurrence.
No less attractive design have a headboard with fabric upholstery.
Most furniture factories for the decoration of their products choose the following types of textiles:
To remove stains from the woven material, you will have to stock up with special cleaning products.
Bedroom furniture with a soft headboard can be made in different directions.
- Modern. For a bedroom in the Art Nouveau style, it is better to choose beds with backs, trimmed with velvet and plain types of textiles. Also in such ensembles suspended versions of contrasting tones will look attractive. Many owners for rooms in the Art Nouveau style choose the original headboard of non-standard shapes.
- Classic For such environments, you can choose the headboard of not only the correct geometric, but also shaped. Models with leather or textile upholstery, complemented by furniture studs or lacquered wood trim at the edges, will look beautiful.
- Empire. For such an interior, you can also pick up a bed with a headboard having wooden borders. A good choice will be models with gold-plated inserts. If you want to buy an inexpensive bed with a fabric back, then you should give preference to the option of a noble light shade. A copy of beige, white cream and luxurious champagne is suitable.
- Baroque. This style is distinguished by expensive materials and exquisite details. In the bedroom, made in such a way, it is worth placing a beautiful bed with a headboard trimmed with expensive types of fabric. Products decorated with a luxurious carriage screed, stylized medallions or twisted laces will look spectacular.
- Neoclassic. In such an interior, furniture with a rectangular backrest trimmed in leather (natural or artificial) should be placed. It is advisable to give preference to lighter copies of beige, white, cream, golden or light chocolate shade. Many designers complement the neoclassical-style interiors with original beds, the heads of which combine two different colors.
- Fusion In such an interior, a stylish soft headboard will look very successful. It should be effectively combined with a bed frame made of metal or wood. For the upholstery of the back, different types of fabrics are suitable, complemented by contrast photo printing. Thanks to such details, the bedroom will seem truly unique.
- High tech. In such a modern interior, metal bedroom furniture will harmoniously look. You can choose a beautiful and fashionable bed with a headboard trimmed in leather. It can be decorated with geometric stitching or furniture studs.
The most common are double models, whose length is 160 cm and width is 200 cm. There are more compact options: 120x200 cm and 140x200 cm. The largest sizes are models from the category King Sizeu Queen Size: 1800x2000 mm, 200x200 cm and 200x220 cm .
For non-standard layouts, picking up a bed with a headboard can be very difficult. In this case, it is recommended to use the services of custom-made furniture companies. A similar bed will cost more, but it will be ideally suited to the layout of your home.
How to make a bed with a soft headboard with your own hands, see more in the video below.