One of the gardeners' favorite ornamental plants is the well-known petite "Easy Wave". This plant is not in vain quite popular among other flowers. It is easy to grow and does not require much effort when leaving. Such petunia quickly and easily reproduces at home. In this article, it will be possible to become more familiar with the different types of plants: Easy Wave Blue, Easy Wave Plum Way, Easy Wave Pink Fashion, Easy Wave Silver, Easy Wave Yellow
With such a “beauty” as the “Easy Wave” petunia, we have the opportunity to get acquainted thanks to the active work of American gardeners. This plant caused a huge stir because of its bright appearance and long flowering, which immediately attracted the attention of landscape designers and active gardeners. This flower will become an adornment of almost any space - a balcony, a gazebo, a flowerbed adjacent to the house, a garden. It can be planted both on the land plot and in a pot, which can be put or suspended indoors.
Petunia refers to ampelous plants and has a wide range of shades - white, purple, red, blue . All of them have a saturated color (one of the brightest - “Easy wave violet” and “Easy wave neon rose”) and look rich due to lush flowering. Landing does not require large tracts of land or bulky pots. Due to the dense arrangement of flowers, even leaves are not visible to each other, not to mention the soil.
Easy Wave Petunia has a delicate, sweet aroma that everyone will love. The flowering period of this plant is quite large - almost the entire summer period. This flower grows up to 25 cm in height, however, branches can grow up to 100 centimeters over time.
If you plant several shrubs of petunias on the land, over time they will turn into a bright floral carpet.
Advantages and disadvantages
This series of petunias has become a favorite of designers of summer cottages, as well as active gardeners, not just like that, but for a number of advantages that distinguish it from other ornamental plants:
- this type of petunia is very easy to breed, as well as in subsequent cultivation and care;
- has a wide variety of shades of inflorescences;
- the plant has a dense flowering, often the inflorescences are so close that even the leaves of the bush are not visible, a continuous flower hat is obtained;
- any of the varieties grows to about one height, which allows several types of such plants to be planted on one flower bed, while maintaining the well-groomed appearance of the site;
- well accepts temperature fluctuations, suitable for almost any climate;
- blooms for a long time, which will allow for a long time to enjoy the beauty of flowering petunias on a personal plot or balcony;
- does not require constant feeding with fertilizers.
Many of the varieties of Easy Wave petunias (for example, Easy Wave Burgundy Star) are perfectly adapted to environmental conditions, soil moisture, temperature conditions, light exposure, etc.
However, in the first stages of cultivation, this plant requires special attention, which in part can be attributed to the disadvantages:
- cultivated seeds are not covered with soil, but with a special mixture, which can be purchased in specialized gardening stores;
- if necessary, additional lighting for the sprouts may be needed;
- care should be taken in the care at the first stages of cultivation, because of inexperience, you can fill the plant or, conversely, water it extremely rarely, which will ultimately lead to drying of the flower.
Those who decided to develop this variety of petunias set themselves the goal of finalizing the shortcomings of the previous species of this flower, making it more durable, stronger and more beautiful, which in the end turned out to be.
The entire series of Easy Wave petunias is beautiful in its own way, everyone can choose their favorite.
- “Easy wave red velor” - the flowers have a deep dark red shade with a middle black color.
- “Easy wave yellow” - when comparing this type of plant with others, the height of the bush, which is much higher than the rest, immediately catches your eye. Such a petunia blooms in white with a yellow middle, flowers that grow densely to each other, forming a circle shape.
- "Easy wave berry velor" - inflorescences have a bright burgundy hue.
- "Easy wave blue" - small inflorescences of bright purple color, without veins.
- “Easy wave plum vane” is the most interesting of all, as it has an unusual soft purple hue of inflorescences, similar in color to lavender branches with dark spots.
- “Easy wave pink fashion” - is distinguished by soft pink flowering.
- "Easy wave silver" - small inflorescences of white color with a delicate purple middle, which diverges in rays throughout the flower.
- "Easy Way Coral Reef" - differs from the others in the most dense flowering coral color with a white middle.
A wide range of choices will allow you to create an incredibly bright floral arrangement on your site, which will become an adornment of any home.
At first glance, it may seem to many that such a beautiful flower will require a lot of attention, however, this is a profound error. Just this sample is one of the most unpretentious among landscape plants. Of course, those who want to grow such a flower on their own will need a little more time and effort. Planted it in the winter, as the whole process of cultivation may take more than one month.
In the first five weeks, you should carefully monitor the level of soil moisture (rather high) and air temperature (about 23-26 degrees). After the shoot appears, the temperature drops to 18-20 degrees, the soil should be slightly moist. The light should come in for 14-16 hours. When the first leaves appear, the plant needs even more light.
At the next stage, the sprout is transplanted into a small container so that the flower has the opportunity to further develop its root system. During this period, the plant requires additional fertilizer supplementation. During the day, young petunia should receive the maximum amount of light, and at night the temperature should be reduced to 14-15 degrees. You need to water the flower as soon as the soil begins to dry out, most importantly, do not overdo it with watering.
At about 6-9 weeks, petunia should be transplanted into a free pot (diameter from 25 centimeters) so that the plant can freely develop its root system. It is necessary to ensure that the seedlings receive a sufficient amount of sunlight and periodically supply them with various trace elements for active growth and development. The adult flower also enjoys sunbathing. This is due to the fact that petunia was bred in America, where the climate corresponds to high humidity and a large amount of sunlight.
Water the flower in moderation as soon as the soil begins to dry out a little. Petunia should not be trimmed so that it can properly form its crown. Sometimes it is possible to remove rotten and dried leaves and flowers. In order for the plant to grow healthy and strong, it needs to be at least occasionally pampered with various nutritious fertilizers that can be purchased at agricultural stores.
Reviews about this variety of petunias are very promising. Interviewed amateur gardeners, as well as professional landscape designers, agree that this plant will be a wonderful decoration for any household plot, as well as a gazebo or balcony.
Due to the dense bright flowering of petunias, it can be planted in the form of various figures, which will make the site design even more interesting and creative.
See video below for proper petunia care.