Orange daylily refers to unpretentious plants that do not require special care. It is undemanding to watering and soil composition, it is not necessary to cover it for the cold season.
Daylily (krasnodnev) is a perennial culture belonging to the daylily subtype. Her homeland is East Asia. This culture has been known to people since ancient times. For the first time they talked about her in the XVIII century.
In our country, daylily is called krasnodnev, which means beauty that exists throughout the day. Not only cultivated plants look beautiful, but also those that grow in natural conditions. He is just a godsend for lazy gardeners, because he does not feel the need for special conditions of detention. Caring for it is quite simple.
Currently, new varieties of plants are becoming popular, which are not as unpretentious as the old ones, but they are more interesting.
Daylily has cord-like, usually wide and juicy roots, extending from the stem, helping the culture survive a very hot time. The leaves near the roots are wide, have a straight or curved shape. Flowers in the form of a funnel, mainly yellow or orange.
The basket is formed of several flowers, at the same time blooms up to three pieces, the flowering time lasts up to 19 days. A bush consists of one or more inflorescences. Daylily fruit is a box with three faces, inside it there are seeds.
Varieties of Orange
The usual orange daylily is characterized by curved leaves of a rich green color. Their width is 30 mm, the height in the upper part of the inflorescences is 1 m, the diameter of the flowers is 120 mm. The flower has an orange center with a dark red undertone. There is no smell. Begin to bloom in July.
Daylily "Orange Nassau" is used to decorate the front garden with beautiful flowers in bright colors . This is an early variety. The color varies from peach to orange, there is a golden eye and a bright yellow neck. The petals are wrinkled, as it were, and their edges are corrugated.
Daylily of this variety is a good flower for cutting, making bouquets used as decorations during banquets. Since it is odorless, it does not cause allergies.
Plant height is up to 0.5-0.55 m. Culture blooms in July and August. The flower size is 140 mm. The hybrid of this plant was bred 8 years ago.
Red daylily refers to natural varieties. It combines external attractiveness and low maintenance. Its description is as follows:
- has leaves long and not wide;
- plant height 1.2 m;
- stems thick, branching at the top;
- one peduncle forms almost 100 buds;
- flowers are collected in inflorescences of several pieces;
- blooms 30 days.
- Autumn Concerto is a type of orange daylily. It is characterized by an original combination of orange and purple colors. Tall plant - 100 cm. Flower diameter - 10 cm.
- Better by design is an original look with a neck applique that is rarely seen for such a color palette, which is a color ornament. It seems to “flow out” from the neck and is distributed outward along the middle vein and petal. The flowers are large, orange, with a rich burgundy eye and the same color border on the petals.
- Burning for you. A variety not so long ago obtained by crossing Halloween Kisses and Ima Bigtimer. A kind of red-orange color with a violet eye and the same edging. All veins are red. The diameter of the flower is 10 cm.
- Halloween Kisses. A relatively new variety bred 11 years ago by crossing Halloween Mask with Hank Williams. An unusual pink-orange plant with a dark eye and openwork edges with a white border. The flowers are small in size but clearly visible in the garden.
- Matthew Kaskel. Obtained by crossing Wyoming Wildfire with Sunset Alpha. The view is memorable, it is a complex of a rich orange hue with a red eye and a golden lace trim. The flowers are large - up to 190 mm - and the plant itself is quite high.
- Orange City Created 12 years ago by crossing Lucky Dragon and Jane Trimmer. A plant with flowers of small sizes. But it is clearly visible in any garden thanks to a burgundy eyelet, which occupies almost the entire flower, in combination with a rich orange base.
- Orange Grove Obtained 12 years ago by crossing Orange Electric with Pumpkin Prince and Special Ovation. A good view that combines many of the positive characteristics of parental varieties. This includes size, appearance, plant height, wide openwork edging of two colors.
The name of the variety is translated as "orange grove." The color is a combination of orange and deep red.
For more information on orange daylily, see the next video.