It's good in the evening, coming home from work, to wrap yourself in a soft and warm plaid. It seems that there is no better and more comfortable invention. But no: thanks to the creative approach of designer Melanie Campbell, the world was presented with a “mermaid tail” plaid. The once made-to-order product was so liked by the fair sex that today it is in the spotlight without losing ground.
What it is?
The Mermaid Tail blanket is a special accessory that, unlike universal wraps, does not provide for use as a bedspread. This is a warm cocoon cover for legs and torso with a closed bottom, which in shape resembles a mermaid's tail. The product is quite spacious, can vary in length, allowing you to cover not only the legs, but also the body up to the level of the armpits. The shape of the accessory provides for the presence of a decorative tail, which does not carry a practical load.
Features and Benefits
According to the production method, such products are performed massively on production equipment or individually at home using different materials.
Production is divided into two categories:
Each manufacturing method allows you to create special products that are unique in appearance and characteristics that do not leave indifferent any woman.
Unusual plaid in the form of a mermaid tail has its advantages:
- made of material of different composition (natural, artificial or mixed);
- have a rich color palette of shades, allowing you to choose a model based on your preferences in one color or print;
- differ in size and texture of the finished product, having different thermal characteristics;
- maintain optimal temperature conditions, preventing the feet from freezing, even if the room is very cold;
- wrap your legs better than a regular plaid;
- They are an excellent gift theme for yourself, girlfriends for a birthday or other significant holiday;
- are loyal to washing, since the volume is much less than classical analogues;
- made of woolen fibers, have healing properties.
The benefits of woolen "mermaid tails." The healing properties of wool have long been known.
Using a regular blanket in the form of a mermaid’s tail, you can:
- maintain a “correct, dry” climate, excluding overheating or cooling of the body;
- calm the nervous system, relieving stress;
- strengthen the immune system, normalizing blood circulation and relieving muscle tension;
- accelerate the recovery of the body with colds, bruises, muscle strain.
Due to the unusual shape, such products are expensive. On average, the price indicator varies from 3,500 to 5,000 rubles and above. The price “bites” not only in store purchases: due to the large amount of yarn, the pattern, and also the rate for an hour of work, a private order can cost a decent amount.
A small caveat is the inability to use such a product instead of a full blanket: it can not be pulled over the shoulders, so such a blanket is not suitable for sleeping.
In addition, buyers who wish to purchase such products regret that they are not found in stores, so more often you have to order from the craftswomen.
In the production of the fishtail plaid, different raw materials are used. The most popular types of fabric are soft, textured fabrics with good breathability and hygroscopicity. The priority is fleece, acrylic, wool, cashmere, microfiber (terry), pile fabrics.
Knitted patterns are made using yarn. This allows you to accurately reproduce the texture of the scales: professional craftswomen never have problems with the definition of the pattern. In the work on creating a knitted plaid tail, they use yarn of different compositions (cashmere, wool, acrylic, mohair, wool mixture).
Knitted models have a number of their features:
- require a lot of time for manufacturing, patience, perseverance, accuracy and uniform knitting;
- are not made of residues, as the different thicknesses of the thickness of the threads can ruin the appearance of the plaid;
- abound in a variety of patterns, allowing the product to be special, exclusive due to the pattern and its color;
- Being a beautiful and complete accessory, do not need additional decor;
- may have a different pattern of the tail and fins;
- allow to realize the most daring ideas of experienced craftswomen;
- performed using a hook, knitting needles or using two types of tools;
- look great from monophonic, melange yarn, limbage, weed, do not lose their beauty if they are made from contrasting threads.
Knitted and textile patterns of plaids in the form of a mermaid tail are an accessory worthy of purchase.
Such products always cheer up and allow you to feel special, which is important for any woman.
You will learn more about the Mermaid Tail plaid from the next video.