Properly selected furniture will help to create a stylish interior and emphasize the refined taste of the owner of the apartment. Sometimes just one interesting item is enough to transform the room, and such is a black leather sofa. Due to the wide variety of models, you can choose the best option for almost any room. To make the interior look harmonious, it is important to know how to properly beat such extravagant furniture.
A leather sofa is a serious investment, so it should be chosen with particular passion. You should not save on such a purchase, because a good thing will not be cheap. Furniture made of genuine high-quality leather will last for many years - subject to proper use and regular care.
For the manufacture of sofas, the skin of cattle is used, and in rare cases, horses. Exclusive are crocodile or snake skin upholstery, which are made to order. The cost of such furniture is incredibly high, it is impractical and requires special care. It should be noted that in furniture stores there are still articles made of material resembling the skin of a snake or crocodile, but this is only an imitation made on a cow's skin.
Black leather upholstered sofas have a lot of advantages, which makes them incredibly popular:
- stylish and representative appearance;
- high resistance to abrasion and wear;
- environmental friendliness and naturalness;
- easy to clean;
- the appearance of dust mites is excluded;
- resistance to mechanical damage;
- No need to additionally use a blanket.
Genuine leather furniture has several disadvantages:
- at high ambient temperatures it is better not to use the material;
- high price;
- in direct sunlight, the material may fade;
- if there is a radiator or other heating device near the product, cracks will appear on the upholstery.
When purchasing folding leather sofas, you should not constantly use them for sleep, as they will quickly lose their attractive appearance.
The range of leather sofas is quite wide and varied, which allows you to satisfy any consumer needs. Products are classified by shape, size, design, type of construction and mechanism:
- The classic models are rectangular and square sofas, which have a fairly compact size, which allows you to place them even in small rooms.
- Recently, corner sofas have been very popular , as they are quite spacious and practical. Laconic models without armrests and with a low back are usually placed in the kitchen, while others are more suitable for the living room.
- Modular furniture , consisting of several elements that can be placed at your own discretion, does not cease to be relevant , giving the product the necessary shape. Modular sofas are a smart choice for small spaces.
- Fans of non-standard things should pay attention to semicircular sofas made of genuine leather. They will be an original solution for a bedroom or a spacious living room. In the latter case, it is recommended to choose semicircular furniture of a modular type, as the set includes ottomans and a round coffee table.
Sofas are non-folding and folding. The first type includes a sofa and a soft kitchen corner, and the second type includes transformers equipped with special mechanisms, thanks to which they can turn into a full bed for sleeping. Folding models are divided into subcategories - in accordance with the type of sliding mechanism:
- “Book” - transforms a sofa into a one and a half bed by lowering the back;
- “Eurobook” - it is laid out similarly to the first option, but in addition the product is equipped with a hidden drawer for bed;
- “Click-clack” - an improved technology of the “book”, which allows to give the sofa a lying, sitting and reclining position;
- "Accordion" - a berth consists of 3 parts folded according to the principle of "accordion";
- "Dolphin" - designed for corner models equipped with a drawer, from which part of the berth as it were "emerges";
- French clamshell - on the principle of folding, it has some similarities with the "accordion".
To choose a quality leather sofa that will last for many years, you need to pay attention to the following aspects:
- Upholstery. Good material is pleasant to the touch and elastic. After pressing, the surface is quickly leveled, and there are no wrinkles, wrinkles and other defects on it. Upholstery should not be too stretched, as the skin dries out over time, which can lead to cracks.
- Comfort. A quality sofa should be moderately hard, so you should sit on it and listen to your feelings.
- Reliability. The shakiness of the product and the presence of squeaks indicate an unreliable frame.
- Folding mechanism. When choosing a sofa-transformer, you should try to expand it yourself, refusing the help of a sales assistant. There should be no difficulties during the manipulation.
- Style. When choosing furniture, it is important to consider the design of the room, because only in this case the interior will look harmonious.
Options for placement in the interior
The corner sofa in the interior of the classic style living room does not take up much space, it is perfect for such a room.
Black furniture goes well with bright decor. Such a combination can not leave a person indifferent.
The light Scandinavian style of the interior is perfectly complemented by a black sofa. So you can dilute the interior a little, make it more interesting.
Laconic models of simple forms are a great option for minimalism. This is noted by many.
In the next video, learn about the benefits of leather furniture and the rules of care.