Headphones are an integral attribute of modern video and audio equipment. Sooner or later, a situation arises when headphones are needed. In order not to disturb others and spend time at the TV with comfort, choose wired headphones with a long cable. Using a wired device is as convenient as possible and does not hinder movement. Which modern models are the best and what you should pay attention to when buying - this will be discussed in this article.
To begin with, it is worth considering a number of characteristics of headphones for a TV with a long wire. Manufacturers often mislead consumers with the common numbers that print on device packaging. Some indicators are at everyone's ears, so most users believe these numbers, and subsequently the purchase does not live up to expectations.
A list of the main characteristics of the headphones that do not always print on the package.
- Sound frequency. The optimal figure is 15-20 thousand Hz. The depth of sound depends on the frequency. Therefore, the wider this indicator, the better.
- Power. The power range depends on the sound power of the TV. Most often, the indicator is 1-50 thousand mW. Please note that the value should not exceed the specified indicator on the headset. Otherwise, the device will not last long.
- Volume. The optimum volume for headphones with cable is 100 dB. When buying, pay attention to these numbers. If the value is less than 100 dB, then listening to movies with poor quality sound will be problematic.
- Resistance. The standard numbers for this indicator are 32 ohms. Resistance determines the required strength for the incoming audio signal.
- Distortion. In any TV model, the level of distortion should be indicated. This indicator determines the changes in the original frequencies of sound. When buying, you must select the lowest value.
The sound quality and lifetime depend on the cable. Each one selects the choice of length for himself. The optimal and comfortable option will be models with a cable length of 5 or 6 meters.
It is worth noting the main advantage of wired headphones. Unlike a wireless headset, headphones with a long wire do not distort the sound. Most models from well-known manufacturers use oxygen-free copper in their cable manufacture. The sound signal through such wires goes without significant losses, so there is no distortion.
Thanks to the use of a television headset, the perception of sound changes. High-quality headphones with high sensitivity completely immerse the user in the atmosphere of a series, film or cartoon. There are models with a removable cable, which expands the range of use.
The cable can be connected to a computer or game console. Since modern TVs are equipped with telephony, most wired headphones come with a microphone. Therefore, making phone calls has become as convenient as possible.
A model designed to watch movies and TV shows on both a TV and a computer. Two wires 3 and 6 meters long are included in the package. Open type on-ear headphones feature soft ear cushions for the user's convenience and comfort.
- sound frequency - 10-40000 thousand Hz;
- power - 200 mW;
- sensitivity - 105 dB;
- resistance - 62 Ohms.
The disadvantage is the high price and lack of volume control.
This audio device is much cheaper than the previous model, but this does not affect the popularity of the product. Headphones immediately attract attention with the appearance of the case. Elegant silver tint and sleek design will appeal to fans of minimalism. The length of the wire is 6 meters.
The cord has a volume control that allows you to control the sound and enjoy viewing from a considerable distance. Soft ear cushions fit snugly, do not let in extraneous noise and improve the sound quality of low bass.
Philips headphones have the following features:
- frequency range - 15-22000 thousand Hz;
- power - 50 mW;
- sensitivity - 95 dB.
It should be noted that this model has a standard mini jack 3.5 mm. But the kit also includes a 6.3 mm adapter. This provides the ability to connect headphones to virtually any device.
Ritmix RH529 TV
Full-size headphones are closed, the cord length is 5 m. This model has a low cost, but is not inferior to previous audio devices. The diameter of the membrane is 40 mm, which ensures the reproduction of low frequencies in high quality.
- sound frequency - 20-20000 thousand Hz;
- sensitivity - 99 dB;
- resistance is 32 ohms.
The Ritmix TV headphones have tight-fitting ear pads that prevent unnecessary buzz.
Criterias of choice
When buying wired headphones for a TV, you should pay attention to the following nuances.
- Type of product. Headphones are closed and open type. The first type is more airtight and does not miss extraneous sounds, however, while listening to music, there may be an extra buzz. The open type tends to miss noises, but such headphones reproduce better sound.
- Temples. They are cast, sliding, customizable. The most reliable device are headphones with a simple design and high-quality temples.
- Ear pads are ear pads. They can be of two types: covering and overhead. The most convenient is the first view. Covering soft linings are made of velor, foam rubber and leatherette.
The main technical characteristics of the headphones also play an important role in the selection. Power, sound frequency, resistance and sensitivity - these indicators can be found on the product packaging. But before that, you should know exactly the optimal indicators.
When choosing, it is worth paying attention to the manufacturer. It is advisable to give preference to trusted brands that have long established themselves in the audio market.
If you follow these simple tips, you can choose high-quality wired television headphones that will last for many years.
Browse wired headphones in the video below.