In the age of technical speeds and monotony, various unusual things are gaining more and more popularity. Interior design is a fertile field for the imagination of masters. Hand-made items that have no analogues are a highlight that can emphasize the dignity of the interior and the delicate taste of the owner of the house.
Interesting fixtures are very popular among consumers, and this is no accident. Light sources attract attention, create an atmosphere around them, they are able to not only perform lighting functions, but also to zoning space.
Workshops and design studios are always ready to offer many interesting ideas regarding the creation of a unique interior with the help of lamps. But if you wish, you can make an exclusive lamp with your own hands, because in this case there is room for imagination! And who knows - it is quite possible that this experience will be the beginning of your fascinating journey into the world of needlework. It is worth more to understand the nuances of manufacturing handmade lamps.
To begin with, it is worth deciding on the classification of fixtures. A lighting device with an electric cord and a light bulb can be floor, table, wall, ceiling, street. The size and design of the lamp will depend on the choice of location.
Exclusive lamps from well-known masters of their craft can be purchased in specialized stores, or you can do it yourself at home. You can remake the old lamps - they will gain a new life and become a real exclusive.
Any improvised materials, even the most unexpected ones, are suitable for the manufacture of fixtures: porcelain dishes, glass bottles, metal wire, tin cans, plastic objects, ceramic fragments.
Everything that remains of the materials during the repair, or everything that can be found in the garage or on the mezzanine, in the hands of the master can turn into a stylish product, a real work of art.
Favorite material of skilled joiners, because wood makes a variety of products, ranging from carved shades and ending with ornate rods for floor lamps or stands for table lamps. The tree lends itself to all kinds of design techniques, products are decorated with painting and decoupage or left untouched.
This material surrounds us in the modern world everywhere. Very lightweight, easily processed, capable of acquiring a variety of forms in skillful hands. For plastic lampshades, materials are used in the form of soda bottles, disposable tableware sets, plastic containers and much more.
If you don’t have the opportunity to get into the glass workshop and take up the fascinating process of blowing glass, then ordinary cans, bottles, colored glass bubbles, as well as crystal glassware that you do not use, can be suitable for making fixtures at home.
The ability of thin metal plates to take any shape is very much appreciated by the craftsmen. For those who have the opportunity to process metal on the machine, there are unlimited possibilities for working with this material. At home, you can fantasize with ready-made metal elements: copper wire, pieces of aluminum, tin cans, a thin steel cable, forged curls from the head of the old bed.
Easy to break, but elegant material for shades or cup holders. It lends itself perfectly to painting and decoupage, as well as firing. Ceramics can be varnished and painted. Home-made porcelain plafonds are made from obsolete sets, they look beautiful and unusual. And ceramics for natural clay are suitable for rooms in rustic styles.
A wide field of activity for a variety of needlewomen. Lampshades with embroidery, applique, knitted, macrame - they can decorate any room or become a good gift.
So that the lamp does not get lost among things and does not create disharmony in the interior, you need to determine in advance the style of the room
- The materials associated with natural raw materials are most suitable for the style of country and ethno. This can be wicker balls, and decorated carved logs, and shades of river pebbles.
- Mosaic made of multi-colored glass can become a magnificent lampshade in the Art Nouveau style - this style is famous for multi-colored stained-glass windows.
- Fixtures made of copper wire and plastic will suit the street style of the loft. Here, any imperfections in the design will add a twist to the style of the interior.
- Stylish embroidery on expensive fabric can be a wonderful gift for owners of a living room, classic or baroque bedroom. The main thing is that the lampshade and leg of the lamp fit the tone of the interior.
- The author’s plastic lamps perfectly fit into the modern minimalism style, which do not take up much space and serve as nightlights that scatter light.
- For street and garden lamps, ceramics coated with paint and varnishes are most often used. It can be funny gnomes, snails, frogs, hedgehogs, storks. They bring the mood of a fairy tale to the plot. An interesting option is the luminaires made of wire for the veranda, as well as ground nightlights made of metal and glass in the form of antique gas lamps.
Exclusive handmade lamps do not have to be made of the same material. The combination of materials allows for greater variety.
Watch the video how to make a lamp from a bottle with your own hands.