A beautiful dressing table with a mirror in the bedroom is not only a decoration of the room, but also a real helper of any lady. It’s always convenient to do makeup and hairstyle in front of the mirror, and all kinds of drawers and various shelves are great for storing cosmetics, jewelry and various little things that are useful and necessary for every woman (hairpins, pins, and much more).
Functional furniture for modern fashionistas
The age of the mirror dressing table is quite solid (about three centuries), but it does not cease to be relevant and is considered one of the obligatory pieces of furniture in any bedroom.
In the dressing table you can hide a significant number of small things - and thereby maintain order in the room. This piece of furniture also has a host of other advantages:
- Simple construction. This makes it easy to disassemble and assemble furniture without the help of specialists.
- Freedom of movement. If you want to slightly change the situation in the room, the dressing table can be easily moved to another place.
- A large mirror surface in which you can see yourself at full height - for example, trying on clothes.
- Functionality. This is a convenient cabinet, a large mirror and a small table where you can put a vase of flowers or a night lamp.
- A wide range that allows you to choose a model for any interior.
With all this, this piece of furniture can be easily placed both in a spacious and in a very small room, as the modern model range is presented in a variety of sizes and shapes.
Today, designers and manufacturers offer many dressing table options in a variety of styles. Classic models are made in the form of:
- a small dressing table box;
- wall-mounted console with a folding mirror;
- a set consisting of a mirror and a small console on bent legs, there are also various drawers;
- a dressing table with a mirror in a richly decorated frame, complemented by two large side tables on the sides.
There are various modern models:
- in the form of a compact shelf with a box;
- complemented by all kinds of hi-tech details;
- various forms and configurations, sometimes absolutely fantastic.
Today, not only the usual rectangular and square shapes are found. In the catalogs of furniture companies you can always find a corner dressing table that will help occupy an empty corner of the room and easily fit into the interior of even the smallest bedroom.
Due to the special design, the mirror of such a product will allow you to examine yourself from several sides at once, which is very convenient, for example, when styling hair.
By the size of the dressing table, the manufacturers conditionally divide all models of this type of bedroom furniture into three categories:
- Large - from 1.5 to 3 meters wide. Such furniture is equipped with a significant number of drawers and shelves of different sizes, as well as a large mirror. In appearance, this product is more like a chest of drawers. There are models with legroom located under the mirror (and without it).
- Medium - the number of drawers and shelves may not differ from large products, but the capacity is not so significant.
- Small - the most popular option. This product is suitable not only for small, but also for large bedrooms. It has only a few small cabinets (directly under the mirror) and a narrow countertop.
Among the color solutions (the palette varies in a wide range), designers especially highlight the white dressing table and pastel shades. They will be in harmony with the pieces of furniture in your bedroom. But on brown models, minor scratches formed during operation are less noticeable.
From classic to hi-tech
When designing a bedroom, pay special attention to the general harmony, the combination of all pieces of furniture with the chosen interior style. For the convenience of consumers, the furniture industry offers a dressing table with a mirror in various versions:
- Classic Distinctive features are clear straight lines, massiveness, matching shapes and colors. Best suited for large, spacious bedrooms.
- Baroque It is distinguished by light shades with carved legs, gold-plated inserts and floral ornaments.
- Empire . It involves various options that are combined with the rigor of forms. All details are as symmetrical as possible. The presence of various decorative ornaments is characteristic.
- Biedermeier . A mixture of empire with romanticism. The dressing table in this style is distinguished by the most balanced proportions in combination with simple forms. The item is decorated with elegant fittings.
- Vintage . Antique models with accentuated rough and worn parts and brass handles. The main feature is that they are made by hand.
- Country or rustic style. Differs in simplicity and ease. Nothing superfluous and fanciful - everything is as natural and functional as possible. It is characterized by a large number of boxes and a large mirror. Product lines are correct and smooth.
- High tech. Products of this stylistic orientation are distinguished by the maximum conciseness of all details, chrome fittings and maximum functionality. The dressing table in this style can be made of plastic or glass, have the most unusual design and modern "chips" in the form of lights or mechanical locks.
- Minimalism Simple geometric shapes with a minimum number of additional decorative details (or with their complete absence) are welcome. It is characterized by monotony or contrast of black and white colors.
Each style dictates its own rules, which should be followed. However, when you design your own bedroom, you can add a twist to it by experimenting with combinations of different directions. Some designers propose combining an Empire style dressing table with a general high-tech style. But here, as they say, everything is to your taste.
If earlier only wood was used for the manufacture of the dressing table, now you can find models made of chipboard and plate materials that replace wood and are lined with veneer or film materials. There are also options from:
Models from any materials are represented by various design solutions. At the same time, classic dressing tables with a mirror are made primarily from natural wood, and more modern models are made from its substitutes.
Plastic, metal and glass are also used to make a dressing table in new styles.
Make the right choice
For the dressing table to fulfill all its functions, serve as a functional decoration of the bedroom and a harmonious complement to the interior, it must be correctly selected. For this, professional designers suggest paying attention to the following factors:
- Form . Corner options are considered more preferable, since they are compact and allow you to leave more free space in the room.
- Sizes . They should correspond to the area of the room. Wide dressing tables will look out of place in small bedrooms. In addition, there should be enough space in front of the dressing table to put a chair or pouf, and also be able to see yourself in a full-length mirror.
- Functionality The more cabinets, drawers, shelves, the more functional this piece of furniture will be. However, if the room already has enough cabinets, cabinets and shelves, then it is worth giving preference to more decorative and elegant models.
- Options Many models are sold already equipped with chairs and ottomans, made in the same style and composition. However, there are also options that are offered individually. In the latter case, they will have to select more or less suitable additions, which is not always convenient and takes much more time and effort.
- The material from which the piece of furniture and its fittings are made. Not only the price, but also the life of the furniture will depend on this parameter.
- Design bedroom . The product should not contrast with the rest of the interior and “fall out” of it.
- Color. The most successful color schemes are those that will be combined with the environment as much as possible.
In addition, even before buying a dressing table with a mirror, you should choose a place for it. For this, designers are advised to pay attention to well-lit areas. If there are none in the room, then in the place intended for the dressing table, it is worth placing additional light sources.
For more ideas on placing a dressing table with a mirror in the bedroom, see the next video.