Modern furniture factories produce very practical and functional furniture. So, comfortable double beds can be equipped with additional side shelves, folding or sliding mechanisms, as well as storage systems of various modifications. The latter, as a rule, are represented by capacious linen boxes.
Features and Benefits
Practical and functional beds with drawers, folding and drawer drawers today are enviable popularity among consumers. The demand for such models is due to their multitasking. On the bed with drawers, you can not only comfortably sit and sleep, but also place various things in it. More often in these spaces the owners store bedding, pillows, blankets, rugs and other items for which it was not possible to allocate a separate place in the room.
It is worth noting that furniture of this configuration is a very successful solution for a small space.
It has the ability to store many items without cluttering up the already compact space. If the bed contains sufficiently large and spacious drawers, then using them, you can refuse additional cabinets and chests of drawers. Similar furnishings can be placed both in an adult and in a children's bedroom. Often, users place children's toys, school supplies, and other similar objects in storage systems.
The following types of beds can be equipped with linen drawers:
- Rectangular patterns . These classic varieties are the most common. Often the drawers are located on the side parts and are very roomy.
- Corner Angular beds with built-in linen drawers are good solutions for a small bedroom. However, models with large and wide sides in a small room will look too heavy therefore, when choosing such interior items, you should be very careful.
- Ottoman . Will transform a bedroom interior and will not take a lot of place a compact ottoman bed. Such furniture is also equipped with storage systems. They can be both retractable and folding. Often in such models there are linen boxes with a horizontal orientation and an opening mechanism.
Varieties of designs
Beds with storage systems can have different designs. Internal mechanisms of furniture directly depend on the size of the room and the method of installing a berth.
There are several main varieties of designs.
- For example, options without guides will be an excellent choice for those owners who have not yet decided what they will store in the built-in niches. Such a storage system is a large box in which a mattress, several large blankets and cardboard boxes filled with various items fit easily. The main disadvantage of such models is their impressive size.
- Drawers with guides are more suitable for rational users who know exactly what and how they will be stored in them. Typically, such systems consist of two to three drawers that make up a single array with a bed. Several boxes can be taken away for storage of seasonal things, having previously placed them in cellophane. Other boxes are suitable for objects that you need every day. For example, it can be various bedding.
- Storage systems, supplemented with wheels , are attached to the bottom of the bed. Such designs are more convenient to use, as they are easily rolled forward, even if they contain sufficiently heavy objects. It is worth noting the fact that such varieties of bedroom furniture are ideal if there is a carpet on the floor of the room. Options without guides and without wheels after frequent use will leave ugly depressed marks on the floor.
- One of the most spacious are folding storage systems . In such beds, access to the laundry niche opens only after you lift and fix the mattress and the base. The remaining open niche is a large space in which you can place many different things. The disadvantage of such furniture is that you will not have direct access to the things stored in it. To get them, you have to raise a berth every time.
- Direct access to things is provided by drawers with facades . As a rule, such varieties additionally perform a decorative function. These drawers do not merge with the body of the bedroom furniture, but are made of the same material.
Currently, in the furniture market there are models of beds made of various materials.
The most durable and durable are metal products. Over time, they do not deform and do not lose their attractive appearance. Such furniture is almost impossible to break or damage. However, it is worth noting that metal beds in the cold season also become very cold, which is why it is not always comfortable to sleep on them.
If you decide to buy a metal bed with linen drawers, then you should remember that it will not be in harmony with all interiors. Home interior designers recommend buying such items for more modern environments.
The most environmentally friendly and reliable products are rightfully recognized from a natural tree. Modern furniture factories most often use species such as alder, birch, pine, oak, beech, hevea, rattan, etc. Such pieces of furniture are distinguished by their expensive and unique appearance. These characteristics are due to the fact that a natural tree always has a natural pattern on its surface that cannot be repeated. This property makes each bed truly unique and original.
Wooden furniture is not cheap and requires a special attitude. From time to time the tree needs to be treated with special protective impregnations. Such a simple care will save natural material from drying out, losing a bright shade and the formation of wood parasites.
MDF and chipboard
One of the most affordable and common are beds made of MDF and chipboard. Such raw materials are cheap, but look very attractive. However, products made from these materials serve much less than natural wooden models. They are prone to breakdowns and do not like temperature changes.
Chipboard is generally recognized as a toxic material, as it is produced using harmful formaldehyde resins. Today, in many industries, details from this raw material are veneered so that the furniture does not emit harmful substances. Such models are more expensive, but are safer.
Various materials are also used for the upholstery of beds.
- The most expensive and aesthetic are models upholstered in genuine leather. A bed in this design will retain its presentation for a long time. With the help of such furniture you can enrich the interior and make it truly chic.
- If you cannot afford such a model, then you should look at the cheaper options with upholstery made from eco-friendly leather or thick leatherette . These materials look beautiful, but do not tolerate temperature changes. They are less durable. After prolonged use, faded marks and scuffs often appear on their surfaces.
- The most affordable and popular are the beds with fabric finishes. Most often, manufacturers use textiles such as jacquard, cotton, velvet, velvet or plush.
Beds with storage boxes are available in the following sizes:
- single - 80x190 cm, 90x190 cm;
- one and a half - 120x200 cm, 140x200 cm;
- double - 160x200 cm, 187x195 cm, 180x205 cm;
- King Size - 200x200 cm, 200x220 cm.
Interesting design ideas
Beds equipped with linen drawers look harmonious in many ensembles. Let us consider in detail several attractive interiors in which such functional furniture is present.
A luxurious large-sized bed made of natural wood of a dark shade will be in harmony with the gray walls and the floor laid out with a dark parquet board. Place a high wooden chest of drawers on the right side of the bed, and on the sides are bedside tables made of similar material. You can beat such a gloomy ensemble with golden pens on the linen drawers below, white bedding, a gray-purple plaid and pillows, a fluffy light gray carpet and white paintings above the head of the bed.
The original bed with a black frame and a high headboard with built-in shelves / drawers can be placed in a beige bedroom with a light cream floor. Complete the bed with white bedding. Decorate the floor with a carpet of pastel shades, and hang light square paintings above the high head of the bed. The window in such a bedroom should be supplemented with white checkered curtains.
A white Provence-style double bed with side linen drawers will find its place in a room with white walls and pale pink floors. Decorate the bed with floral bedding, and place white bedside tables on both sides of it. In such a bedroom, a white high chest of drawers and a wardrobe with a mirror sash will look harmonious. Dilute the classic shades with a wall painting in blue tones and vibrant colors on the pedestals.
A chic chocolate hinged bed with a high rounded headboard can be placed in a milk-colored room and complemented with a tall dark chocolate cabinet with mirror inserts. Dilute boring colors with pale purple pillows and a blanket, cream fluffy carpet on a light floor and paintings on the walls with the image of nature.
A light wood bed with a round headboard and pull-out side drawers will organically fit into the interior of the room with walls of baked milk color and a gray-white floor. Complete the decor with a fluffy white carpet, brown watch over the head of the bed, coffee curtains on the windows and a golden blanket on a white bedding set.
A solid gray wooden bed with a high headboard and front linen drawers can be put in a room with white walls and a pale gray floor. Decorate the sleeping place with contrasting pillows, lay a beige fluffy carpet on the floor, and hang coffee curtains on the windows. Small paintings with black frames will harmoniously look above the head of the bed.
For even more varieties of beds with storage drawers, see the next video.