The choice of interior doors is a responsible and energy-intensive occupation. The desire to combine price, quality and design in one model is worth many hours of searching, comparisons and doubts. It is still widely believed among consumers that the naturalness of materials is the key to reliability and durability of a door. However, in conditions of high humidity and sudden changes in temperature, a wooden door can be deformed and even crack. Universal composite interior doors will help to avoid disappointments and financial losses.
What is a composite material?
A composite is a material obtained by a combination of substances of various properties. As a rule, this is a plastic base, the rigidity and strength of which is given by various fillers. For example, a wood-polymer composite (WPC) is made from chopped wood (or rice husk) and connecting polymers.
The final product incorporates the best qualities of wood and plastic: durability, water resistance, natural appearance and even smell.
The ratio of the constituent elements will determine which features will prevail. A greater amount of wood flour brings the characteristics of WPC closer to natural wood, and with an increase in the percentage of polymer, the canvas resembles ordinary plastic.
Many recipes for duodenum are highly resistant to microorganisms and aggressive environments. Due to wood particles, most of the composites absorb a small amount of moisture, but without loss of shape and strength. When dried, the original properties are restored. Composite material is easily processed: cutting, planing, drilling, it is environmentally friendly, fireproof and does not require special care.
Production of doors based on WPC is a new but already demanded area. Among the advantages of products of this type, low cost is noted. A very important aspect when choosing. Structures based on composites are lightweight, which simplifies replacement and installation. These doors have higher sound and heat insulation performance compared to wood. They are not afraid of temperature jumps, corrosion, atmospheric and biological effects.
Such doors are suitable for arranging apartments, private houses, offices and other premises.
They can be of various shapes and sizes: single and double, with glass and panels. One of the popular brands in the composite market is the Kapelli brand.
Features of the doors "Drops"
Factory "Drops" is a project of the plant "Intechplast". Initially, a series of technical doors was planned for offices, schools, hospitals and other commercial institutions. The test sample was first exhibited in 2011 at an exhibition in Moscow. The new product quickly gained popularity among consumers, due to its characteristics and reasonable prices. And already in 2014, the market was replenished with new lines of composite doors.
The manufacturer identifies the following features of the products of this brand:
- Moisture resistance . In the creation of doors, materials with high hydrophobicity are used. The final product does not let steam through, and water absorption is practically reduced to zero. This avoids deformation and wear, regardless of the climate of the rooms.
Therefore, the “Drops” doors are recommended for wet rooms: pools, bathrooms, saunas and baths.
- Insulating properties are achieved using an insulating material - expanded polystyrene. The cells in its structure provide low conductivity of sound and heat. To enhance the insulating qualities, the perimeter of the door frame is laid with a rubber sealant.
- Fire safety. The doors of Kapel passed fire certification.
- Easy to install. The products are very lightweight, the canvas with parameters 0.9x2 m has a weight of 14.5 kg, and together with the box and platbands it is 21.5 kg. Installation does not require special tools and accessories. According to customer reviews, they did not have problems with self-installation, thanks to detailed instructions.
- Environmental friendliness is confirmed by a certificate of sanitary and epidemiological expertise.
- Durability. Wear-resistant material and light weight, even with active use, protects the structure from sagging and deformation.
- Immunity to household chemicals. When creating the series, it was intended to use doors primarily in rooms where they are often cleaned with disinfectants
Today you can meet the following series of the brand:
This is the basic model. The doorplast developed by the company is covered with a heat-resistant PVC sheet 1.5 mm thick. Internal stiffeners made of a moisture-resistant LVL bar give structural strength. Filling - foamed polystyrene. This material consists of bubbles 0.1-0.2 mm in size, which have insulating properties. A PVC tape runs along the edge of the web.
The door leaf comes with a box, which can be classic and telescopic, to choose from. It is made of PVC by extrusion. The resulting substance has a more cellular structure and hard edges. The density is comparable to wood.
Doors “Drops” do not have special hardware requirements. The lightness of the design allows you to use overhead loops for installation. Locks can be ordered in two types: with a magnetic mechanism and mechanical. All accessories are made in two color options: gold and chrome.
Tsargov line of the company. The door is a kind of designer. Its frame is formed by three or more transverse trims (tsar) connecting the side racks. The frame space is filled with paneled filler and decorated with glass or aluminum inserts. All door elements are made of composite material and pasted over with an ecointerline interval.
This decorative coating creates a visual and tactile effect of natural wood.
The modular device of the door allows easy replacement of its elements in case of damage. Doors of the Connect series are equipped only with telescopic moldings.
A distinctive feature of the series is a telescopic box made of aluminum.
This design adds a number of advantages to existing ones:
- allows you to install the frame in the opening of any thickness;
- frame and platband are equipped with a sealant. This helps to hide irregularities in the opening and eliminates additional alignment work;
- the platband does not need to be fixed, since it is a continuation of the door profile;
- in a universal box, you can set the canvas in any color scheme and with various types of finishes.
Another series of regal doors. Unlike Connect, panel filler is a sandwich made of expanded polystyrene and PVC sheet.
These are completely smooth doors. As a coating, a three-millimeter HDF sheet is used - a high-density wood-fiber board. The material is new, but already appreciated in the furniture and construction industry due to the high density and uniformity of the plates. An aluminum cover plate is installed on the vertical ends, and horizontal ones are covered with PVC tape. Doors with HDF cladding are not 100% waterproof.
Has a fire resistance of 30 minutes. The canvas and the box are wooden, have fire-resistant impregnation. The door is equipped with a seal for cold smoke and heat sealing tape.
Finishes and Sizes
“Drops” doors are available in white and monocolor, 3D and PVC lamination is possible. Glazing options are available, regardless of the type of decorative coating. The area of glazing depends on the wishes of the customer, but cannot occupy more than 30% of the canvas.
You can choose the type of glass: transparent, matte white, reinforced.
The company produces all standard sizes from 60 to 90 cm. Custom-made custom sizes are practiced.
Composite doors "Drops" are a good choice for any room. .
The main advantage of this brand is water and vapor impermeability, which makes them the best option for wet rooms
The materials from which they are made are resistant to temperature extremes and aggressive substances, such as chlorine. Doors have low thermal conductivity, they do not rust and do not peel off, and do not crack.
Buyers note in the reviews that the doors are much stronger than analogues of ordinary PVC. Moisture is not absorbed at all, but the door often fogs up in the bathroom. Noise isolation is not absolute, but moisture, odors and heat do not penetrate the premises.
It should be noted: Intechplast is not the only manufacturer of waterproof doors. An analogue in the market is the Bravo factory with the Aqua series.
For detailed instructions on installing moisture-proof plastic doors "Drops", see the video below.